MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question on moving to level2... BinMonitored Academics 10 05-30-2010 02:26 PM
Confusion About Moving up a Level healthsci1 Academics 3 05-25-2010 10:41 PM
Question about moving up a level Levix Academics 2 05-17-2010 02:05 PM
Engineering Level II Question VastHorizon Academics 2 04-29-2010 10:10 AM
Questions About Engineering: Course Failure and Moving to Level 2 leech3 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 24 04-04-2009 12:22 PM

Question about moving level 2 engineer and course drop...

Old 02-09-2009 at 04:38 PM   #1
hellrise

Liked: 0 Times

Question about moving level 2 engineer and course drop...
I am in 1st engineering right now
I droped 3 course in 1st semester physic, chemisty, and 1 elective courses.
2nd semester I am taking full time. I am planning take dropped course at summer school.
1. I just wonder is there any disadvantage making 2nd year program choice due to I dropped 3 course.
2. If I take summer shcool these course, is that making different??
Old 02-09-2009 at 05:45 PM   #2
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

Your best bet is to talk to an academic advisor in the Associate Dean's office, JHE A214.

hellrise says thanks to DannyV for this post.
Old 02-09-2009 at 06:11 PM   #3
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

You have a disadvantage because your acceptance into a program will be based on you passing those courses in the summer - you wont be able to pick courses until you have the course on your record as completed and your average is acceptable.
(i hated that - second term math, had to wait till august to pick - so many electives were full!!)

AnguishedEnd, hellrise all say thanks to micadjems for this post.
Old 02-11-2009 at 11:05 AM   #4
anthonyvella

Liked: 0 Times

k from what I've heard your SA is what gets you into your second year program. so my dropping three courses you've already lost 9 credits

heres how it works. lets say your average is a 6.5 and and you drop 3 courses totaling 9 credits. This is the same for those who dropped both of the math courses.

so you take that average and multiply it by the number of units or crediits or watever like so

28 * 6.5 = 182

then you've got someone with a full course load with a 5.5

37*5.5 = 203.5
or even a 5
they would have an SA of 185 which is still better than your average

if you want more info go talk to Sally Williams. she helped me so much
Old 02-25-2009 at 02:11 PM   #5
JKSLYR

Liked: 19 Times

I second the opinion to talk to Sally Williams. She is really cool and a great help!

It sounds like you're having some difficulty with your courses. Just remember that there are a lot of great resources for you to use. The professors, TA's, and your classmates are all there to help you. Not only that, but there are a lot of upper year students you can ask for help.

I failed a course in my first year and took it during the summer, and I still ended up in the program of my choice. So don't worry too much about it =)