MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how cautious were you when moving into res vp15 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 17 07-26-2010 09:26 PM
Moving on to Year II BenTran First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 12-21-2009 06:26 PM
Moving Into an Apartment Almurnith General Discussion 3 08-22-2008 10:26 AM
Moving In katie_batt Residence & Housing 4 07-27-2008 11:26 PM

Moving in tomorrow

Old 09-03-2010 at 11:14 PM   #1
ShesTheMan

Liked: 0 Times

Moving in tomorrow
I'm moving in tomorrow and I'm like SOOOO terrified!:( I haven't even been able to get in touch with my roommate, is anyone else in the same boat? Also, how much are people bringing? I've got like 2 huge boxes, my fridge, my bedding, my pillows, and all my clothes in a suitcase... I hope people don't think I'm a freak. The timing for my move-in is 9-12, though realistically what time should I reach by? How long will my parents be allowed to stay?
Old 09-03-2010 at 11:18 PM   #2
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

well i just finished packing. 1 big rubbermaid tote for clothes, couple bags for bedding/food and stuff, printer, 2 backpacks, 1 medium box. doesnt seem much
Old 09-03-2010 at 11:36 PM   #3
FaizaS

Yay ! Someone who is feeling EXACTLY the way I am right now.
I haven't had contact with my roommate either and im freaking out !
I have 3 huge suitcases, fridge, bedding, pillows, and a huge hangbag full of stuff lol
Old 09-03-2010 at 11:47 PM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesTheMan View Post
I'm moving in tomorrow and I'm like SOOOO terrified!:( I haven't even been able to get in touch with my roommate, is anyone else in the same boat? Also, how much are people bringing? I've got like 2 huge boxes, my fridge, my bedding, my pillows, and all my clothes in a suitcase... I hope people don't think I'm a freak. The timing for my move-in is 9-12, though realistically what time should I reach by? How long will my parents be allowed to stay?
You can be there at any time. The earlier you get there the more time you will have to settle down because residence activities start and the more time you'll have to walk around your residence meeting people.

Your parents can stay as long as they want, but really they should only be there to help you unpack and say their goodbyes (and since you are moving in before lunch they could take you to lunch before leaving).
Old 09-04-2010 at 12:01 AM   #5
nikita92

Liked: 4 Times

i actually haven't started packin yet lol
but im moving in on sunday so i still have time !
but im probably gonna only have 1 suitcase full of clothes and then my mom went to ups and got cardboard boxes which I'm probably gonna fill like 4 (they're small) with all the random stuff like hangers and a printer and bedding etc. and thats about it..honestly some of my friends are packing a ridiculous amount of stuff so i guess theres no 'normal' amount of boxes hahaha.
Old 09-04-2010 at 12:08 AM   #6
ShesTheMan

nikita92, FaizaS, and Leeoku, what residences are you guys in?
Old 09-04-2010 at 12:08 AM   #7
MCHEDDENITE
Elite Member

Liked: 96 Times

awww u guys are so cute!! just relax , cry hwen u say bye to ur parents and then HAVE FUNNNN enjoy!
Old 09-04-2010 at 12:10 AM   #8
smolly

I have a lot of stuff... lol
but since I'm in Les Prince I had to bring stuff for my bathroom (cleaning supplies, towels, etc)
is there a limit to how much the reps will bring up for you?

ps I promise I'm not high maintenance, just not very good at packing
Old 09-04-2010 at 12:11 AM   #9
sinnersdrown

Liked: 89 Times

I feel like I didn't pack enough now.
I only have one big suitcase, my laptop bag, school bag and bedding. Then again I'm coming home a couple of times so I can come back and bring more if necessary.
Old 09-04-2010 at 12:19 AM   #10
MCHEDDENITE
Elite Member

Liked: 96 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by smolly View Post
but since I'm in Les Prince I had to bring stuff for my bathroom (cleaning supplies, towels, etc)

nah man they bring everything except fragile stuff
Old 09-04-2010 at 12:23 AM   #11
etoilex3

Liked: 65 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by smolly View Post

Don't worry, last year I felt the same way, and the reps didn't seem to mind...one of them joked that one of my boxes was super heavy, but that was about it.
Old 09-04-2010 at 12:46 AM   #12
ShesTheMan

^ When and where do we go to collect our meal plan cards?
Old 09-04-2010 at 12:57 AM   #13
etoilex3

Liked: 65 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesTheMan View Post
^ When and where do we go to collect our meal plan cards?
You use your macID. Did you get that?
Old 09-04-2010 at 01:37 AM   #14
Bhaltair
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

Good thing I live off campus, I will probably head up there on Wednesday.
Old 09-04-2010 at 12:33 PM   #15
ShesTheMan

Yes, I've got my student ID card but how do I access my meal plan accounts? I'm really confused... I don't know how I'm supposed to set it up/activate it/or whatever.