MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
msaf paula112 Academics 4 02-25-2013 10:43 AM
msaf Jesse.C First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 30 02-16-2013 11:48 PM
msaf mimi8330 General Discussion 2 02-16-2013 01:41 PM
Msaf Help! themacmaster First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 11-20-2012 02:25 PM
MSAF Help TroubleStorm General Discussion 7 10-17-2011 05:22 PM

MSAF questions

Old 03-06-2014 at 09:36 PM   #1
EngineBoy

Liked: Liked 2 Times

MSAF questions
I was wondering what would happen If I MSAF'ed an assignment and a midterm on the same day for the same course, that was worth more than 30% in total?

Also I finished the assignment already all I need to do is hand it in tomorrow but I probably wont feel better by tomorrow. Can the MSAF be used as a way to push the due date back a business day? I don't want the weight transferred to the exam since I worked hard on it.
Old 03-06-2014 at 10:28 PM   #2
qwerty91
Elite Member

Liked: 173 Times

I assume you live off campus? Cause if not just go and hand it in...then leave. If not I would email the prof...tell them you are sick and need to MSAF the midterm but completed the assignment a while ago and ask if you can submit it electronically (if possible)....aka email it.
Old 03-06-2014 at 11:03 PM   #3
jaywa
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 9 Times

As long as each one individually is worth less than 30% you can msaf it. It's up to the prof what kind of accommodation they make, whether the due date is extended or it gets re-weighted. If it's only a few days you're asking for it shouldn't be a big deal, especially if you can email the assignment in to show it is completed, just offer to bring a hard copy in to them next week.
Old 03-07-2014 at 07:02 AM   #4
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Definitely ask if you can submit it electronically...or email it to a friend and ask them to print it/hand it in if possible.
With MSAF, they should say what they'll do in the course outline, but it's up to them.
Old 03-07-2014 at 11:45 PM   #5
Kudos
Elite Member

Liked: 175 Times

I don't think I've ever had an assignment reweighted due to MSAF... midterms yes, assignments no. The due date has always just been pushed back until the end of the MSAF period. Odds are, this is what will happen. I really don't think it's that big of a risk.
Old 03-08-2014 at 11:07 AM   #6
naeD

Liked: 4 Times

If you used a doctor's note, but not an MSAF, can you still use an MSAF later on?