MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FYC Election Results are in! stevennevets MacInsiders Announcements 0 09-30-2010 06:49 PM
SRA Science January By-Election temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 1 01-27-2010 10:15 AM
SRA 2009 By-Election temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 28 10-23-2009 01:01 AM
Thursday's By-Election c.erl General Discussion 28 02-19-2009 02:00 PM
Canadian Election J-Met Politics 19 09-25-2008 08:51 AM

MSU election techniques

Old 02-02-2010 at 09:44 PM   #76
ash0000

Liked: 41 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Finlay View Post
Just to make it clear, the food was for people who were around the table, just fattening us up.... Carbs are needed for intense campaigning! haha. We didn't use them to get people to vote or anything, if you came by we would offer them! We also had cupcakes before! I haven't been able to get to the gym as much as I would like, and these cupcakes and cini buns are killing me!
I wasn't complaining about the food. It was wicked.

Those carbs were definitely helpful when I went to go do some squats the other day

Anyway, I agree that my door opening is a gimmick.

and on a separate note, polling stations are listed below:

Arts & Science: The Commons Lobby

Commerce: DeGroote School of Business (DSB)

Engineering: John Hodgins (JHE) Lobby

Health Sciences: Ewart Angus Lobby

Humanities: Mills Library Lobby

Kinesiology: David Braley Athletic Centre (DBAC)

Nursing: Ewart Angus Lobby

Science: Burke Science Building (BSB)

Social Science: Student Centre Atrium (MUSC)

Ian Finlay says thanks to ash0000 for this post.

Ian Finlay likes this.
Old 02-02-2010 at 11:39 PM   #77
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
Kieran came to my class today, said his name, the problems in the MSU and how he planned to fix them. No gimmicks, no wasted time. I liked that.
What class was it? He came into my Ling 1AA3 class today. Just curious if We're in the same class.
Old 02-03-2010 at 06:30 AM   #78
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
How is singing Miley Cyrus different than holding open doors then? Kieran's team wears red so people know where they are, and they have food at their table for people who come to see them.
I just don't like when candidates go out of their way to go to students to do cheesey acts, like holding doors and singing songs.

Kieran and Ash are my "top 2" as well, so it's not that big of a deal. I just see the holding doors as a gimmick.
Would you at least agree that holding doors is helpful and singing Miley Cyrus is painful and unhelpful to the student population who are pretty well all 17+ at least?

Anyway I hope a lot of other people come out to the polls today to vote for Ash, and Kieran.

Good luck at the polls guys!