MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
student health insurance claim form question maryam17 Body & Food 1 09-03-2010 09:57 PM
Tax Returns: What all can we claim? huzaifa47 Financial Aid 4 05-10-2010 04:33 PM
MSU Undercovers is Closing... Claim Your Books nogood205 MacInsiders Announcements 12 04-20-2010 10:13 PM
Question regarding MSU health insurance saeeds5 General Discussion 1 11-11-2009 07:30 PM
Health/Dental insurance? Flag General Discussion 8 11-07-2009 11:36 AM

Msu Health Insurance Claim Form?

Old 05-30-2009 at 10:39 PM   #1
rrtt
Elite Member

Liked: 56 Times

Msu Health Insurance Claim Form?
Hey everyone,

On the MSU Student Health Insurance Claim Form, there is a small note indicating that "claims for prescription drugs must be submitted no later than 30 days after the completion of the academic year."

I am pretty sure that the academic year ended more than 30 days ago. Is it too late to send in my form and be reimbursed? If it is too late, is there anything I can do to solve this problem?

Thanks for the help!
Old 05-31-2009 at 01:11 AM   #2
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Unfortunately, since the Insurance company is its own entity with its own priorities, you can't really treat this like a regular McMaster issue. However, the "academic year" may have only ended on the 30th of May, since that's when finalized marks were released...I'm not sure exactly what the insurance company's landmarks are, but it definitely can't be the date of your last exam, since that varies from person to person.

My suggestion is to front the money for your prescriptions (which it sounds like you already did) and send in your forms anyway as soon as possible...as soon as you read this if you can.

Either the academic year hasn't ended more than 30 days ago yet in the insurance company's eyes (remember, they're independent from McMaster), and you end up getting your money...

Or you get a letter back saying your claim was rejected due to lack of coverage (in which case...there's nothing to be done unfortunately. You have no coverage).

I know it's probably not what you'd like to hear...but I hope that helps.

Life Lesson: The squeeky wheel gets the grease! Never be afraid to bother people to get what you're entitled to...there's no reason you can't send in the form even if you currently have no coverage.

Last edited by Mowicz : 05-31-2009 at 01:15 AM.
Old 05-31-2009 at 07:52 AM   #3
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

I'm not sure either, but the MSU has "academic year" defined as: "From the first day of classes in September to April 30." Your coverage does last you right up until the end of August. To be sure, it's best to email Victoria, the MSU admin assistant at [email protected] cmaster.ca

kumara likes this.