MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
does OSAP cover the cost of books? and Does osap cover off-campus residence cost? lalalola2011 Academics 6 09-08-2012 08:12 AM
does OSAP cover the cost of books? and Does osap cover off-campus residence cost? lalalola2011 Financial Aid 0 09-07-2012 10:33 PM
How much will going to Mcmaster cost? mfattal General Discussion 8 09-21-2010 11:42 AM
Cost of Utilities cywhiz Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 22 08-26-2010 05:43 PM
Tuition Fees and Possible Tuition Reduction due to Headstart/LEAP MacPack First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 06-10-2010 09:07 PM

How much did your tuition cost for your program?

Old 10-01-2014 at 11:23 AM   #1
MikeyO

Liked: 0 Times

How much did your tuition cost for your program?
I was told that my tuition would be around 7000 for Business (without books) this doesn't seem to be the case.

Just wondering how much you guys are paying for your programs.
Old 10-01-2014 at 11:38 AM   #2
2Dream

Liked: 24 Times

Would you look at that, a two seconds google search was able to find your answer. Glad it was my 2 seconds that got wasted and not your's OP. Cuz you know, your time is too valuable to waste on a quick google search right op...
Oh and i am intentionally not posting the link so that you can get off your lazy ass and find your own answers OP lol
Old 10-01-2014 at 12:34 PM   #3
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyO View Post
I was told that my tuition would be around 7000 for Business (without books) this doesn't seem to be the case.

Just wondering how much you guys are paying for your programs.
There are several things wrong with this. First is that you "were told" - you shouldn't rely on word of mouth as a source of information for things like this.

Second is that "this doesn't seem to be the case" - you should KNOW what your tuition is costing. Is this the case or is it not the case? It shouldn't "seem" anything, it should BE something.

The third point was already addressed - tuition for every single program, for domestic and international students, on a per-unit basis is easily accessible online if you're curious, and a hell of a lot more reliable than asking random people how much they pay (also, you would be shocked at how many people have no idea or have only a general idea what their tuition is).

The fourth point is really just something to keep in mind - when some people say "tuition", they mean tuition + mandatory supplementary fees, while other people are ONLY referring to the cost for your courses. Although the second interpretation is technically correct, that is not how most people use the term. Supplementary fees are also available online and you can see a complete breakdown of what you're being charged for.
Old 10-01-2014 at 04:29 PM   #4
adaptation
Elite Member

Liked: 305 Times

$10,500 for each year of engineering. I'm in Engineering and Society (5 year program) so Mac will take about $52,500 by the time i graduate.
Old 10-01-2014 at 04:48 PM   #5
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

#10k/yearforeng
Old 10-01-2014 at 05:06 PM   #6
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Liked: 91 Times

11k+ for me, eng mng

I think I pay more because I'm not taking business courses this year, that are cheaper than eng courses.
Old 10-01-2014 at 05:10 PM   #7
starfish
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLucas View Post
11k+ for me, eng mng

I think I pay more because I'm not taking business courses this year, that are cheaper than eng courses.
Your tuition is dependent on the faculty, not the courses you take. You pay more for a business course than someone in humanities.
Old 10-01-2014 at 05:13 PM   #8
Atheist?

Liked: 31 Times

tuition is $6k here (plus a few hundred to a thousand in supplementary fees and stuff).
Old 10-01-2014 at 06:04 PM   #9
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Liked: 91 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
Your tuition is dependent on the faculty, not the courses you take. You pay more for a business course than someone in humanities.
Really? Because before I was paying much less and I had the same exact course load.
Old 10-01-2014 at 08:47 PM   #10
starfish
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLucas View Post
Really? Because before I was paying much less and I had the same exact course load.
Yep, if you look up how tuition is calculated, you'll see that it's by the faculty (and sometimes the specific program within the faculty) that you're registered in. It doesn't matter what faculty or department the courses you take are from.
I know they changed how they charge tuition for people in engineering & management - I believe it went up (I can't imagine them changing it to make it less expensive) but I did not pay much attention to the details.