MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
laundry at mac MTK3 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 09-03-2010 08:21 PM
Laundry at Les Prince LivLucy Les Prince Forum 2 08-17-2010 08:23 PM
Change for Laundry J-Met General Discussion 5 10-10-2008 08:25 PM
Doing Laundry Allan Residence & Housing 10 07-02-2008 08:55 AM
Off Campus Series Two Part Three: The Laundry Room lorend Residence & Off-Campus Living 0 03-22-2008 11:47 AM

How much does laundry cost

Old 08-13-2010 at 06:13 PM   #16
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

It's unlikely unless the colour is....bad. I have Esprit jeans that are an incredibly dark blue; they leak the moment water touches them, they leak without water. They've stained my Nikes, my other clothes, my shirts, etc. The easiest way is to take a white cloth and rub it against the fabric to see if yours do the same thing.

If they're new and a very vivid colour, just go with a cold rinse and dark colours that no longer bleed, just to be safe.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 08-14-2010 at 09:44 PM   #17
Cristina_n13

Liked: 23 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony View Post
I want to start collecting coins for laundry so I was wondering how much it costs to do a load of laundry (washing and drying).

So how much is it and what coins should I bring?

Thanks
Just another note that people may not know about is that you don't really need to be collecting coins, you can just go to the service desk (Keyes for WQ, Commons for NQ) and they will give you change - ie. break your bills or whatever so you have laundry $
Old 08-14-2010 at 10:01 PM   #18
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristina_n13 View Post
Just another note that people may not know about is that you don't really need to be collecting coins, you can just go to the service desk (Keyes for WQ, Commons for NQ) and they will give you change - ie. break your bills or whatever so you have laundry $
It's not a good idea to rely on this though--they do run out of change, and they're not always open when you want to do your laundry But it is a back-up in case you're really stuck.
Old 08-14-2010 at 10:03 PM   #19
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
It's not a good idea to rely on this though--they do run out of change, and they're not always open when you want to do your laundry But it is a back-up in case you're really stuck.
Didn't someone in this thread suggest just going to a bank and getting rolls of quarters and loonies? I think that's the best option.
Old 08-14-2010 at 10:48 PM   #20
Olivia.

Liked: 9 Times

Yup, rolls at the bank have been my plan for a while. I've just been waiting around to find out if I need quarters only or loonies as well. Looks like it's the later, though
Another question, should I assume that the washing machines in res will not be HE ?
Old 08-14-2010 at 10:50 PM   #21
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivia. View Post
Yup, rolls at the bank have been my plan for a while. I've just been waiting around to find out if I need quarters only or loonies as well. Looks like it's the later, though
Another question, should I assume that the washing machines in res will not be HE ?
You can actually use all quarters, but it's heavier to carry around like 40 quarters than 10 loonies.

Yeah, they won't be HE.

Olivia. says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 08-14-2010 at 11:01 PM   #22
MCHEDDENITE
Elite Member

Liked: 96 Times

ALSO a little trick i learned, if u happen to have a twoonie or many twoonies u can just go to a vending machine n put them in n then hit that thingy n it refunds u back quarters for laundry. hedden has the vending machines near the laundry room btw

jhan523, Olivia., Patrick.O like this.
Old 08-14-2010 at 11:06 PM   #23
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCHEDDENITE View Post
ALSO a little trick i learned, if u happen to have a twoonie or many twoonies u can just go to a vending machine n put them in n then hit that thingy n it refunds u back quarters for laundry. hedden has the vending machines near the laundry room btw
Good idea! It doesn't work on vending machines that take bills though. Those actually return in toonies and loonies.