MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
mugsi/solar help commie21 Academics 0 06-30-2011 12:29 AM
Mugsi/solar ammowasted Academics 4 06-13-2011 03:24 AM
Want to know what's happening with MUGSI/SOLAR? Come hither. huzaifa47 MacInsiders Announcements 41 02-01-2011 06:22 PM
Why is everyone on MUGSI/Solar? sweetrachel First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 08-31-2009 07:43 PM
MUGSI and SOLAR won't let me on! ND_ftw First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 30 08-13-2009 11:03 AM

MUGSI/SOLAR Rage

Old 03-22-2010 at 08:19 AM   #16
hollie012

Liked: 2 Times

I managed to confirm my courses @ 8:08.
I still hate mugsi though. Ugh.
Excited to be one of the first to choose courses for fall since I'm heading for 4th year
Old 03-22-2010 at 08:30 AM   #17
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaya View Post
i dont mean to seem mean but sitting there and pressing a button over and over again.. well ya seems a bit retarded unless you enjoy it and then by all means get 2 it.. and i am aware what retarded means.. thats why i used it and its a term i am not denoting against those with the problem rather to the situation at hand and the mental structure of mcmaster university registration for courses.. yep i like how i justified myself
It's like using the word "gay" as an insult. Unless your midterm is really attracted to midterms of the same sex and you loathe this phenomenon, there's no need to use it as derogatory term, even if you don't think you are - by comparing it to something you find stupid or useless, you are.

Using the word "retarded" to encompass the struggle you face with some electronic server diminishes the struggle that the mentally challenged do face. In the medical sense of the word, "retarded" simply refers to slowed or ceased growth. But since SOLAR is not growing I doubt this is how you mean to use the word. You are insulting them, regardless of if you're completely familiar with the connotations or not.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

lorend says thanks to goodnews.inc for this post.

lorend, nerual, Shmowen like this.
Old 03-22-2010 at 08:53 AM   #18
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

oh ffs, i finally skldfnsldkfsd got on.

IT MAKES ME SO MAD, LOL.
SUCH A STUPID SYSTEM.

2 hours later (oh, and did I mention I stayed up all night. rofl)

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

suzy likes this.
Old 03-22-2010 at 10:18 AM   #19
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Gonna keep trying intermitently, chances are it's gonna be like the summer when I don't get on until 28 hours after it opens... I can't wait to graduate and never have to deal with this BS again.
Old 03-22-2010 at 10:55 AM   #20
Scrub
Original "G"

Liked: 57 Times

So I just got on a nd registered for my course..took me all of 10mins..haha you need some MUGSI love/luck to get er done fast

Also, if I had a dollar for every time a thread like this started, well I might have enough money to actually pay for the fixing of the god-awful system ...just a thought
Old 03-22-2010 at 11:53 AM   #21
Moo!io

Liked: 21 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews.inc View Post
And one of those spots is taken up for ELM.
And another is when a faculty member or administrative staff member logs on just to make sure everything is working right.
LOL
Oh Mugsi, how we loathe you so...

{ don't stop the music }
Old 03-22-2010 at 12:01 PM   #22
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

I would have gladly paid $100 more on my tuition every year if it made MUGSI work. Now that I'm graduating, I don't have to worry about it anymore. But still. I would give $400 to get back all that time and frustration.
Old 03-22-2010 at 12:05 PM   #23
Moo!io

Liked: 21 Times

Just be glad we don't have to go through this kind of hell every semester and that we don't really HAVE to do summer school...we just choose to because we're either

a) gluttons for punishment or
b) we need a course to graduate/satisfy prereqs

=_="

{ don't stop the music }
Old 03-22-2010 at 12:39 PM   #24
larp

Liked: 8 Times

Actually U of T's ROSI system was even worse than MUGSI here. Take an older system with a more primitive interface, put 3 times more students than Mac on it, and voila you have an even bigger failure of a system now.

lawleypop likes this.
Old 03-22-2010 at 02:54 PM   #25
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

Haha, I got onto SOLAR on my first try. :3
that was surprisingly quick, took me one minute, not even.

Love life.

Old 03-22-2010 at 03:03 PM   #26
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

if i pick a summer course for 2nd term but then in a few weeks decide that im unable to stay in hamilton for the summer can i unregister for the course? without penalty?
Old 03-22-2010 at 04:00 PM   #27
Deegs14
Cogito, ergo sum

Liked: 156 Times

I got onto MUGSI very fast this morning, I did it right before my class. I guess I was one of the lucky ones to get on this fast XD
Old 03-22-2010 at 04:03 PM   #28
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanieee View Post
if i pick a summer course for 2nd term but then in a few weeks decide that im unable to stay in hamilton for the summer can i unregister for the course? without penalty?
Yeah, you can drop a course anytime before the course starts without penalty. It's best to do it before you submit your payment agreement though, since I expect things to get a little more complicated after that.

Melanieee says thanks to Entropy for this post.
Old 03-22-2010 at 07:34 PM   #29
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Summer school is much easier to register for than term 1 and 2 because there's so many less people. I can't imagine how bad U of T's system must be. To register for classes this year, it took me over 4 hours. I can't imagine what it was lik for U of T students!!
Old 03-27-2010 at 02:47 AM   #30
mattgood9

Liked: 3 Times

we need a new system...really