MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to cancel redirecting MUSS e-mail to other e-mail account? raine Computers & Tech 2 11-13-2010 10:23 AM
Internet, Home phone, tv and cell phone bill **jewel 03** General Discussion 15 10-15-2009 07:29 PM
MUSS E-mail System myoozik General Discussion 21 03-05-2009 09:59 PM
can't log on to MUSS e-mail account.. sj316 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 09-06-2008 05:22 PM

Muss to Google Mail phone app ??

Old 02-20-2012 at 12:56 PM   #1
M1234

Liked: 0 Times

Muss to Google Mail phone app ??
Hey guys,

So does any1 know how to get the new gmail thing on phone? I mean my muss.cis.mcmaster email has been redirected to the google mail services. I have the gmail app on my phone but it wouldnt work if i try to log in there with my [email protected]

so does any1 know how to get it for my phone?

thanks
Old 02-20-2012 at 01:00 PM   #2
nemo123

I am having the same problem. I have a blackberry and I can't add my mac email to my phone.

This is soo annoying
Old 02-20-2012 at 01:24 PM   #3
qwerty91
Elite Member

Liked: 175 Times

the new gmail for mcmaster does not yet support IMAP or POP support.
right now you can only access via internet browser at studentmail.mcmaster. ca A
There is no support for mobile or phone or tablet or outlook.
You will need to forward to a real email until this feature is made available to us.
See `let the migration begin` thread

hatorade says thanks to qwerty91 for this post.
Old 02-22-2012 at 03:53 PM   #4
haqsabre

They need to activate the 2-step authentication feature in the admin panel. I spent like 1 hour trying to figure this out. Anybody know the email of the the admin for this?
Old 02-22-2012 at 04:33 PM   #5
qwerty91
Elite Member

Liked: 175 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by haqsabre View Post
They need to activate the 2-step authentication feature in the admin panel. I spent like 1 hour trying to figure this out. Anybody know the email of the the admin for this?
The lockout is intentional. Google cannot produce a secondary password because it is unlikely that google actually knows the passwords. We log on to a secure UTS site then are redirected to our affiliated gmail log-in. Because google doesnt know the password (or the password we know), we cannot log in through any of google's services (apps, gmail browser, imap, pop). Apparently UTS id working to correct this.
Old 02-22-2012 at 05:01 PM   #6
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by haqsabre View Post
Yeah, I'm sure the people responsible have no clue what they're doing, and would appreciate your amazing expertise..

--HP--, Afzal, GCSM, qwerty91 like this.
Old 02-22-2012 at 11:04 PM   #7
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 416 Times

There was this website called m.gmail.com that opened up long ago when WAP was relevant. Might come in handy right about now for all BB ppl

just set up email forwarding to your actual email and forget it.
Old 02-25-2012 at 09:29 AM   #8
ph4ntastic

Hey I ended up just forwarding my gmail to my email that is synced with my blackberry. If you go to the top right corner click the little wheel thing, go to mail settings, Forwarding & POP IMAP, then add your email in there =)
Old 02-25-2012 at 12:17 PM   #9
Wilkies

This is for people who do not feel like forwarding email accounts but want to view there mcmaster emails on there phone.

1. Go to sso.mcmaster.ca/shibboleth-idp/Authn/UserPassword on your mobile phone. (at least on the iPhone 4)

*add https:// before sso because this is my first post i cannot link URLs

2. I suggest bookmarking the page.

3. Login using your MACID and password.

4. View your McMaster emails using the web browser gmail.

I know this is not an ideal way to do it but it does work.
Old 02-25-2012 at 02:15 PM   #10
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilkies View Post
This is for people who do not feel like forwarding email accounts but want to view there mcmaster emails on there phone...
a.k.a. people too lazy to take 2 minutes to consolodate their email accounts

Afzal likes this.
Old 02-27-2012 at 06:25 PM   #11
Wilkies

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
a.k.a. people too lazy to take 2 minutes to consolodate their email accounts
haha yes sir