MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Planning course selections kbrad1694 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 06-09-2012 07:21 PM
Who's planning to go to law school? Lawstudent Academics 19 01-08-2012 05:59 PM
So who's planning on getting Trine 2? Yogurt Gaming 5 12-05-2011 02:29 PM
The How To: Event Planning ferreinm Getting Involved 0 01-18-2009 09:14 PM

how is my course planning

Old 06-21-2012 at 03:32 PM   #1
Elaine Guo

Liked: 0 Times

how is my course planning
I'm an international student and have only been in Canada for one year. English is my second language but I really enjoy social science stuffs although I know there's gonna be lots of reading and writing...I'm planning to take SOCIOL 1A06, ECON 1B03, ANTHROP 1AA3, PSYCH 1X03, PEACE ST 1A03 for the first term, and ECON 1BB3, ANTHROP 1AB3, CMST 1A03,THTR&FLM 1T03, SOCIOL 1A06 for the second. I'm really wondering whether this will be too stressful for me? thanks soooooo much in advance!!!
Old 06-21-2012 at 03:53 PM   #2
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

The econs are easy! i took them both and they were extremely easy courses my friend took the psych course and he said it was easy too!

Elaine Guo says thanks to Chris23 for this post.
Old 06-21-2012 at 03:58 PM   #3
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Liked: 227 Times

ANTHROP 1AA3 is pretty easy too. You'll be fine as long as you don't slack.

Elaine Guo says thanks to Eternal Fire for this post.
Old 06-21-2012 at 04:13 PM   #4
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Fire View Post
ANTHROP 1AA3 is pretty easy too. You'll be fine as long as you don't slack.
The course hasn't been offered for the first time yet--how do you know it's easy? (I notice you just mentioned this one and not 1AB3)
Old 06-21-2012 at 04:21 PM   #5
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
The course hasn't been offered for the first time yet--how do you know it's easy? (I notice you just mentioned this one and not 1AB3)
Sure it was. It was offered last year.
Old 06-21-2012 at 04:26 PM   #6
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
No, it wasn't. There were three first year anthros last year (1A03, 1Z03 and 1B03). These courses were offered for the last time this summer. This year, starting in September, they've changed it to 1AA3 and 1AB3, which are brand new courses.
Old 06-21-2012 at 04:34 PM   #7
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
I think you meant 1A03, not 1AA3?
Old 06-21-2012 at 04:42 PM   #8
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Quote:
No, it wasn't. There were three first year anthros last year (1A03, 1Z03 and 1B03). These courses were offered for the last time this summer. This year, starting in September, they've changed it to 1AA3 and 1AB3, which are brand new courses.
Well, two of my housemates took an antho course last year during second term and they said it was really easy. I remember them telling me it was 1AA3, but if it wasn't then who knows which one it was. I probably got confused then.

Besides, it's not like here is a huge difference in difficulty between those three courses. They're all first year, and none of them have any prerequisites, not to mention people take them as electives all the time.
Old 06-21-2012 at 04:44 PM   #9
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Well, two of my housemates took an antho course last year during second term and they said it was really easy. I remember them telling me it was 1AA3, but if it wasn't then who knows which one it was. I probably got confused then.

Besides, it's not like here is a huge difference in difficulty between those three courses. They're all first year, and none of them have any prerequisites, not to mention people take them as electives all the time.
It was probably 1A03.

Nobody can comment on the difficulty of the new anthro courses since no one has taken them yet--you don't know how they relate to the old ones. Though, I've heard Prowse is a really good prof, so that's a good sign.
Old 06-21-2012 at 07:37 PM   #10
Elaine Guo

oh thank you! that's very relieving
Old 06-22-2012 at 06:59 PM   #11
kirsten..!

Liked: 26 Times

sociology and theatre&film have a lot of reading and writing, socio has a major essay and readings every week, and theatre&film you have to read plays and stuff and write an essay. just manage your time well and give yourself enough time to do the readings and work on the papers and you should be fine, if you leave things to the last minute it will be stressful
Old 06-24-2012 at 11:19 AM   #12
Elaine Guo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirsten..! View Post
sociology and theatre&film have a lot of reading and writing, socio has a major essay and readings every week, and theatre&film you have to read plays and stuff and write an essay. just manage your time well and give yourself enough time to do the readings and work on the papers and you should be fine, if you leave things to the last minute it will be stressful
wait a moment...do you mean socio has a major essay every week?!!!and I've heard that theatre&film is a very easy course and you get to watch lots of movies, so I wasn't expecting much writing in this course
Old 06-24-2012 at 11:22 AM   #13
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine Guo View Post
wait a moment...do you mean socio has a major essay every week?!!!and I've heard that theatre&film is a very easy course and you get to watch lots of movies, so I wasn't expecting much writing in this course
I wouldn't qualify a single essay as a lot of writing (for theatre and film). Idk about socio though.
Old 06-24-2012 at 11:37 AM   #14
Elaine Guo

Quote:
I wouldn't qualify a single essay as a lot of writing (for theatre and film). Idk about socio though.
okay~ thank you so much!