MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How To Get From Mcmaster To Toronto (go Bus)? rcmp1234 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 10-01-2010 08:31 PM
Toronto Raptors Greco General Discussion 6 10-28-2009 03:03 PM

NBA - Toronto Raptors

Old 11-10-2010 at 11:03 PM   #16
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakim View Post
im not sure about that.... the heat are pretty solid.
Heat 5-3, Laker 8-0
My predictions are that Queen James is going to get egotistical and bash heads with Wade.
While Bosh sits behind being Robins' Robin.

Heat wont take it this year. Team Chemistry needs to work up.
Old 11-10-2010 at 11:04 PM   #17
sinnersdrown

Liked: 89 Times

I give them a couple of years.

Lakers all the way!
Old 11-10-2010 at 11:07 PM   #18
Juve
Elite Member

Liked: 117 Times

goddam toronto raptors suck ass , their best player is barny and thats sad
Old 11-10-2010 at 11:09 PM   #19
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juve View Post
goddam toronto raptors suck ass , their best player is barny and thats sad
Yeah, Raptors are playing worse than the Leafs.
And that's bad!
Old 11-10-2010 at 11:52 PM   #20
mcmastergcdb
Elite Member

Liked: 89 Times

Is there any good Toronto based team? All are cursed by the devil Joe!
Old 11-11-2010 at 12:09 AM   #21
Parminder S
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 18 Times

People just need to realize that we're not any good, so there won't be disappointment on the matter. Although I don't want us to be like the Nets of last year, it wouldn't hurt to sorta re-build and get a top 3 draft pick. BC needs to figure out what the direction of the franchise is, and who the face of the franchise will be for the next few years: Bargs, Derozan, the draftee, or someone else that comes here through a trade. Although, I'm not too disappointed from our start, it seems like we always lose each game by 5-8 points (except that 20 point blowout), which is fine by me. As long as we play hard, each game will be entertaining.
Old 11-11-2010 at 12:14 AM   #22
manap3000
Account Locked

Liked: 64 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parminder S View Post
People just need to realize that we're not any good, so there won't be disappointment on the matter. Although I don't want us to be like the Nets of last year, it wouldn't hurt to sorta re-build and get a top 3 draft pick. BC needs to figure out what the direction of the franchise is, and who the face of the franchise will be for the next few years: Bargs, Derozan, the draftee, or someone else that comes here through a trade. Although, I'm not too disappointed from our start, it seems like we always lose each game by 5-8 points (except that 20 point blowout), which is fine by me. As long as we play hard, each game will be entertaining.
i think BC should be publicly hanged for how badly he effed up this team. The fact that he keeps bringing in the eurotrash (there are good euro's but certainly not this bunch) and refuses to get rid of Bargnani.....who cares if we get the number one pick this year, harrison barnes isn't going to want to stay if he has to play with bargnani who rather than clogging the lane and winning games like a true center camps out on the 3 point line....derozan is also looking more and more like a bust everyday...everyone needs to go except ed davis and thats only b/c i really haven't seen him play.

i officially quit this team until BC is fired

/end rant
Old 11-11-2010 at 12:42 AM   #23
syan9184

Liked: 25 Times

As long as the ML$E is in charge, the Raptors and the Leafs will never get better.
Old 11-11-2010 at 01:01 AM   #24
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

triano will be booted by the end of the season.... hopefully we pick up someone by the trade deadline who can shake things up

but like someone said before... we havent reallly been losing by blowouts... the raps gotta learn to close out games.... the other day i watched them blow a 17 point lead... embarassing

and another thing... bargnani is way too soft for a big man... no reason for reggie evans to be out-rebounding him game after game
Old 11-11-2010 at 01:05 AM   #25
manap3000
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by giftedchick View Post
triano will be booted by the end of the season.... hopefully we pick up someone by the trade deadline who can shake things up

but like someone said before... we havent reallly been losing by blowouts... the raps gotta learn to close out games.... the other day i watched them blow a 17 point lead... embarassing

and another thing... bargnani is way too soft for a big man... no reason for reggie evans to be out-rebounding him game after game
keeping in mind reggie is 6'6 , andrea is taller than him by half a foot
Old 11-11-2010 at 01:07 AM   #26
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by manap3000 View Post
keeping in mind reggie is 6'6 , andrea is taller than him by half a foot
exactly... we get it barg. u can shoot threes... BUT u are also the tallest guy on the court grab a board!
Old 11-11-2010 at 01:11 AM   #27
slx4

Liked: 4 Times

evans is listed at 6-8 so its not THAT big of a diff I wouldn't bother firing triano because we still have to pay him for the years he's still owed on his contract. There's no point in trying to get a new coach when we clearly aren't a playoff team this year at the very least. Cheers to a potential all star with our 2011 draft pick
Old 11-11-2010 at 01:17 AM   #28
manap3000
Account Locked

agreed, lousy coach can stay with lousy team for now, but sooner rather than later the two italians need to go!!!

*nba height listing are often wrong; the tall players @ centre are underlisted (sometimes from embarassment, tactical reasons, or that they actually grew after coming into the league; remember some of these kids are teens when they come into the league

*the shorter players are overlisted to intimidate.
Old 11-11-2010 at 12:11 PM   #29
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

You know, the reason why our teams suck so bad is because they all have diehard fans.
The leafs are one of the most expensive franchises in the league. They lose so many games, yet it costs alot to attend them still.
Imagine if the leafs actually made the playoffs? It would cost insane amounts!
If the demand exists, they have no incentive to improve the teams. Just put on a losing show.

...?! likes this.
Old 11-11-2010 at 12:27 PM   #30
khaotic

Liked: 18 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakim View Post
im not sure about that.... the heat are pretty solid.
The Heat let Millsap score 46 points, 11 of them in the 4th. Bosh did nothing to stop him.

I can only imagine what Pau Gasol, arguably the most skilled big in the league can do against the Miami front court.

Also did anyone watch the raps game last night? Bargs for MVP! Hahaha.