MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How To Get From Mcmaster To Toronto (go Bus)? rcmp1234 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 10-01-2010 08:31 PM
Toronto Raptors Greco General Discussion 6 10-28-2009 03:03 PM

NBA - Toronto Raptors

Old 11-11-2010 at 02:26 PM   #31
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaotic View Post
The Heat let Millsap score 46 points, 11 of them in the 4th. Bosh did nothing to stop him.

I can only imagine what Pau Gasol, arguably the most skilled big in the league can do against the Miami front court.

Also did anyone watch the raps game last night? Bargs for MVP! Hahaha.
Bosh is soft. He was soft when he was playing with the Raptors, he's still soft with the Heat.
He was never a phenomenal leader, just slightly better than the rest of his team, so he appeared to be "amazing"
Old 11-11-2010 at 03:27 PM   #32
manap3000
Account Locked

Liked: 64 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliu91 View Post
Bosh is soft. He was soft when he was playing with the Raptors, he's still soft with the Heat.
He was never a phenomenal leader, just slightly better than the rest of his team, so he appeared to be "amazing"
bosh is an above average/amazing defender and rebounder his frame limits him to what he can do, just b/c he left and gave some parting shots after ("at the end of the day no one would see me average a double double on tv in canada" doesn't make him a soft player...just a douche, he is still the 2nd best player to don a raptor jersey, after public enemy number one of course. Not seeing much of the ball (too much of the time its in lebrons/wades hands) has hurt his stock, one of the worst decisions he ever made....
Old 11-11-2010 at 03:35 PM   #33
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by manap3000 View Post
bosh is an above average/amazing defender and rebounder his frame limits him to what he can do, just b/c he left and gave some parting shots after ("at the end of the day no one would see me average a double double on tv in canada" doesn't make him a soft player...just a douche, he is still the 2nd best player to don a raptor jersey, after public enemy number one of course. Not seeing much of the ball (too much of the time its in lebrons/wades hands) has hurt his stock, one of the worst decisions he ever made....
Bosh is a good player, I agree.
But he will never be a kobe, or jordan.
Old 11-11-2010 at 04:10 PM   #34
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliu91 View Post
Bosh is a good player, I agree.
But he will never be a kobe, or jordan.
unfair comparison... ppl always underrate the big man... u always hear about jordan/kobe/magic/isiah.... but u rarely hear people praising olajuwon(who was number one draft pick in the same draft class as jordan/charles barkley/john stockton) or tim duncan calling them the best players of all time and whatnot
Old 11-11-2010 at 04:25 PM   #35
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by giftedchick View Post
unfair comparison... ppl always underrate the big man... u always hear about jordan/kobe/magic/isiah.... but u rarely hear people praising olajuwon(who was number one draft pick in the same draft class as jordan/charles barkley/john stockton) or tim duncan calling them the best players of all time and whatnot
Fair comparison.
People won't remember Bosh in 20 years. Some may, most people wont.
They will Remember Kobe, just as we remember Jordan.

He's just not aggressive enough, and well, if they remember him, they will remember him for taking the easy way and teaming up with Queen James and Wade.
He's overshadowed in Miami, Lebron and Wade have all the limelight.
Old 11-11-2010 at 04:31 PM   #36
Phil

Liked: 27 Times

Raptors suck, but I'm not hopping ship.
Old 11-11-2010 at 10:45 PM   #37
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Heats lose to Celtics.
Damn. Where is Wade's game?

5-4.. last few games 1-3, Lol'ing.
Old 11-11-2010 at 11:54 PM   #38
Parminder S
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 18 Times

Quote:
What're you talking about? What about Duncan? Wilt? Bill Russell? Kareem?? Shaq? They're considered a few of the all-time greats. No one underrates the big man, it's just that Bosh isn't THAT great.
Old 11-12-2010 at 03:32 AM   #39
giftedchick
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parminder S View Post
What're you talking about? What about Duncan? Wilt? Bill Russell? Kareem?? Shaq? They're considered a few of the all-time greats. No one underrates the big man, it's just that Bosh isn't THAT great.
i didnt say bosh was AMAAAZING but big men are usually underratted... bill russell has won as many championships than kobe and jordan combined (he won 11 in only 13 years) but u will never hear the average person put him on a list above guards like jordan kobe or magic
Old 11-12-2010 at 09:08 PM   #40
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Raptors take the win over the MAGIC.
Tomorrow, Raptors vs. Heat
Old 11-13-2010 at 02:36 AM   #41
giftedchick
Elite Member

of all games to win... the magic... lol... the magic is my team tho

i rep for orland toronto and phoenix
Old 11-13-2010 at 10:38 AM   #42
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Quote:
of all games to win... the magic... lol... the magic is my team tho

i rep for orland toronto and phoenix
Yeah, raptors work in mysterious ways...
They can hang with an elite team and beat them, but can't win against the GSW, etc..
Old 11-13-2010 at 11:26 PM   #43
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Annnnnd, they lose to the Heat. Expected.
What was entertaining was Bosh scoring 12 pts and 6 rebounds. Third wheel.
Old 11-14-2010 at 09:16 AM   #44
chinadian

Liked: 6 Times

Since both my Raps and Rockets are looking like they are not gonna make the playoffs this year I am rooting for the Lakers! o yes I HATE! the heats and I am looking forward to seeing them not making the finals!
Old 11-14-2010 at 04:37 PM   #45
giftedchick
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinadian View Post
Since both my Raps and Rockets are looking like they are not gonna make the playoffs this year I am rooting for the Lakers! o yes I HATE! the heats and I am looking forward to seeing them not making the finals!
i agree,.. but they wont make the finals... boston has beaten them twice already... so i guess we know the story there