MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Music 2F03...urgent advice needed!!!! mehtad5 Academics 1 06-18-2010 12:38 PM
Average for upper year students into residence AnnaWM Residence & Housing 10 06-12-2010 01:03 PM
Average for 3rd year njd123 Academics 6 05-30-2010 05:50 PM
continue to 3rd year average maryam17 Academics 1 05-01-2010 04:44 PM
Urgent! 2nd year courses question ... EngLufLuf General Discussion 8 06-29-2009 12:33 AM

Need advice on what to do with my low 1st year average (Urgent!)

Old 12-06-2009 at 12:59 PM   #16
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kute_lisa88 View Post
Just quit school while you can!! Honestly, if you're getting those kinds of grades in first year, i can't imagine how you will do in ur third and fourth years.

I suggest u look into other programs that you might be interested in and have an aptitude for. Science is not for the faint of heart and if you're in life science just to be a doctor, you should not be in this program.
OP might be failing a class, but you fail at life.

Also, OP, I'm in the same boat. Just start studying really hard. Hard enough that you feel like you'd rather shoot yourself in the nuts than ever study again.

Also, if you think you're gonna fail, EXPECT to fail. But still try and pass it. Because if you do fail that class, it's not that big a disappointment.

I'm planning on failing Accounting, but... doesn't mean I'm not gonna try and pass it.

I just know that if I tell myself "I can do this if I try really hard!" and I fail, I'm gonna be super bummed out.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Last edited by lawleypop : 12-06-2009 at 01:07 PM.

goldfish101 likes this.
Old 12-06-2009 at 01:48 PM   #17
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Chemistry 1A03 might be 'difficult' but it's not a course that you have to fail.
Old 12-06-2009 at 01:51 PM   #18
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post
Chemistry 1A03 might be 'difficult' but it's not a course that you have to fail.
Perhaps. I guess if the OP tries super hard, he/she can maybe pull through with like a 4 or something. Still better than a 0 along with summer school :p.
Old 12-06-2009 at 02:21 PM   #19
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
I'm planning on failing Accounting, but... doesn't mean I'm not gonna try and pass it.

I just know that if I tell myself "I can do this if I try really hard!" and I fail, I'm gonna be super bummed out.
Cheri: I don't know accounting per se, but I might be able to help. (I helped another friend of mine who's now in 5th year Commerce Co-op). I'm willing to sit down with you and try to go through the stuff (but bear in mind that I never actually took Commerce lol...I'd probably be a great person to bounce ideas off of though!) if you'd like. (:

When is the final? Maybe we could book some time to sit down and study.

To the OP: We're all pulling for you...You can do it!
Old 12-07-2009 at 05:38 PM   #20
mcmastergcdb
Elite Member

Liked: 89 Times

hey guys thanks for believing in me and for good insights. I hope i pass this thing at least if not do good. And also good luck to all of you on your exams. I hope you guys do well!!
Old 12-07-2009 at 05:54 PM   #21
Quester

Liked: 6 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kute_lisa88 View Post
Just quit school while you can!! Honestly, if you're getting those kinds of grades in first year, i can't imagine how you will do in ur third and fourth years.

I suggest u look into other programs that you might be interested in and have an aptitude for. Science is not for the faint of heart and if you're in life science just to be a doctor, you should not be in this program.
This person probably did really bad in his/her first year...just ignore this and try to look forward to the rest of your undergrad. Nobody said that you must finish your undergrad in 4 years, right? I mean, if you're doing poorly now just forget about it; you still have 3.5 years left to go.

I was in life sci last year and have done quite poorly, compared to my usual high school standard. Nevertheless, I've been enjoying my second year a lot more than last year mostly due to the fact that I'm actually taking courses that I wanted to take. Hence, if you wish to be in biology programme for next year, well, there is still a very high chance that you will not do horribly in 3rd and 4th year as this poster suggested because perhaps bio is your forte and not chem.

My advice is to you is to stop worrying about whether or not you'll fail chem, and just try to study your butt off for the exam (i.e do A LOT of practice problems).:cheerleade r: