Osap vp15 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 07-22-2010 08:55 PM

Need help with OSAP

Old 07-10-2009 at 10:41 PM   #16
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Thanks Sara, appreciate the link & advice.
You're very welcome! And Bushra's right, avoid calling them in the afternoon, morning would definitely be best, as you'd be sure they're present and not off for lunch or break, etc.
Old 07-10-2009 at 11:42 PM   #17
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews.inc View Post
I'd really like a "Dislike; Types Too Fast" button.
Lol, I try my best to answer people's questions right away. I know how it feels to wait on an answer. It can be very nerve wracking and emotional especially now that we are in university. Our futures are on the line!

manu likes this.
Old 07-10-2009 at 11:53 PM   #18
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Lol, I try my best to answer people's questions right away. I know how it feels to wait on an answer. It can be very nerve wracking and emotional especially now that we are in university. Our futures are on the line!
He says as he chuckles of the superiority of his Dell over our Macbooks. </tangent>

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 07-17-2009 at 11:49 AM   #19
Inferno

Liked: 24 Times

Just wanted to post an update.

Well, I got an email reply on Tuesday, saying that they did update my OSAP application with the correct driver's license number. I also called in to make sure, and they said that they did update it.

However, today is Friday, and my online OSAP status is still on hold. What gives?
Old 07-17-2009 at 01:38 PM   #20
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Just wanted to post an update.

Well, I got an email reply on Tuesday, saying that they did update my OSAP application with the correct driver's license number. I also called in to make sure, and they said that they did update it.

However, today is Friday, and my online OSAP status is still on hold. What gives?
A lot of people are in the same position as you at the moment, with missing info/corrections and such, so the online application takes some time to be updated, and for them to have the OSAP amount up.

Inferno says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.
Old 07-17-2009 at 02:32 PM   #21
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews.inc View Post
He says as he chuckles of the superiority of his Dell over our Macbooks. </tangent>
LOL...ah Bushra, this forum's comic genius.

Dell's are aaaaawful however...Dell and HP have both made The List.(tm)

@Inferno: Unfortunately, your best bet is to call them by phone, and let them know your full situation. You know they received your driver's license info...I don't know what could be holding them up so much...but if it merits, you may want to drive down to Hamilton and show them the license face to face.

goodnews.inc says thanks to Mowicz for this post.
Old 07-17-2009 at 06:49 PM   #22
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowicz View Post
LOL...ah Bushra, this forum's comic genius.

Dell's are aaaaawful however...Dell and HP have both made The List.(tm)

@Inferno: Unfortunately, your best bet is to call them by phone, and let them know your full situation. You know they received your driver's license info...I don't know what could be holding them up so much...but if it merits, you may want to drive down to Hamilton and show them the license face to face.
First of all, my Dell is awesome!

@ Inferno: Like Sara said, it'll take some time to process. Give it 5-7 business days, there are tens of thousands of students applying to OSAP. They will probably have to re-review your application one more time before giving the estimate.
Old 07-18-2009 at 05:40 AM   #23
kumara

Liked: 7 Times

Hi, I just submitted my OSAP application online on july 12th but realize that i forgot to put my other income from Information from parents section. I wonder if you could tell me what i should put in that column? For example, my mother has 16000$ (RRSP), should i put 16000$ in that column? I'm confused when they say Cashed-in RRSP. :s

Oh and should i contact them?or should i cancel my application and resubmit?
Old 07-18-2009 at 11:19 AM   #24
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumara View Post
Hi, I just submitted my OSAP application online on july 12th but realize that i forgot to put my other income from Information from parents section. I wonder if you could tell me what i should put in that column? For example, my mother has 16000$ (RRSP), should i put 16000$ in that column? I'm confused when they say Cashed-in RRSP. :s

Oh and should i contact them?or should i cancel my application and resubmit?
I don't think they would ask for your parents' RRSP, but it would be best to call them and clarify everything, about what "Cashed-in RRSP" means, and if there's any missing information, they can easily insert it in over the phone, instead of you cancelling the whole thing and re-doing it all over.

goodnews.inc says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.
Old 07-18-2009 at 10:43 PM   #25
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
I don't think they would ask for your parents' RRSP, but it would be best to call them and clarify everything, about what "Cashed-in RRSP" means, and if there's any missing information, they can easily insert it in over the phone, instead of you cancelling the whole thing and re-doing it all over.
Cashed-in RRSP should be reported with the Total Gross Income.

Quote:
Income - Total Gross

You must provide all taxable and non-taxable income from all sources, world-wide (except if it is an income item from the list of Income - Not to be Reported in your OSAP Application provided below). For example, you must include employment, child-support and alimony payments, monetary gifts, lottery winnings, and government benefits, Extended Care and Maintenance Payments, cashed-in RRSPs, cashed-in RESPs, withdrawals from retirement accounts, withdrawals from trust accounts, income received as a result of a joint election to split pension income, the amount of non-economic loss and/or pain and suffering awards in excess of $100,000, and any other income (e.g., awards, scholarships, fellowships, bursaries, grants, interest, investments, and/or trust fund income). All income is verified with Canada Revenue Agency. The ministry may also contact any of the government bodies that administer income support in order to verify income.
Old 07-19-2009 at 12:23 AM   #26
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Cashed-in RRSP should be reported with the Total Gross Income.
Hmm, that's really weird.. Good to know though .. Thanks Jeremy
Old 07-19-2009 at 12:39 AM   #27
mcinside
Elite Member

Liked: 23 Times

It's the same with me...I sent in all my stuff to the Financial Aid office but my OSAP apllication says that I still need to submit it. I know it's really irrating that they haven't updated the stuff yet and it is really scary having that 'pending' on your application coz you think something's gone wrong. That's how I felt, but Inferno if you called them and they said everything is updated than don't sweat it.
Old 07-19-2009 at 12:42 AM   #28
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcinside View Post
It's the same with me...I sent in all my stuff to the Financial Aid office but my OSAP apllication says that I still need to submit it. I know it's really irrating that they haven't updated the stuff yet and it is really scary having that 'pending' on your application coz you think something's gone wrong. That's how I felt, but Inferno if you called them and they said everything is updated than don't sweat it.
I swear, it seems like everyone is having that problem.. It definitely shouldn't take that long to update XD
Old 07-19-2009 at 12:58 AM   #29
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
I swear, it seems like everyone is having that problem.. It definitely shouldn't take that long to update XD
The fact that everybody is having this problem shows that there is a lot of people having this problem. Which means that OSAP has a lot of applications to review AGAIN, not to mention all the applications that are continuously being sent in.
Old 07-19-2009 at 01:00 AM   #30
mcinside
Elite Member

Liked: 23 Times

No, it shouldn't XD