MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Max Number of Courses in Summer School? sana1504 Academics 10 06-03-2010 02:42 PM
Easy summer school courses Mickel Academics 6 03-25-2010 11:31 AM
Summer School Courses Goce Academics 24 01-19-2010 04:15 PM
Required courses in summer school kwyhan First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 01-05-2010 02:23 PM
Required courses for second year, med school, summer school, etc. kwyhan First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 12-26-2009 07:14 PM

Need Help with Summer School Choices- Business Courses

Old 03-24-2010 at 05:37 PM   #1
minikit99

Liked: 0 Times

Need Help with Summer School Choices- Business Courses
I plan to take ECON 2X03 and 2BA3 (Organizational Behaviour)

Now I wanted to only take a course or two during the first term during the summer... and have the rest of the summer open... do you think having both of those would be too hard?

any thoughts and comments would be greatly appreciated
Old 03-24-2010 at 10:00 PM   #2
sniderj
Elite Member

Liked: 177 Times

2X03 is a tough one (in my opinion, although I hate economics). 2BA3 isn't bad. 2AA3 is pretty straightforward, especially if you happen to have taken accounting in high school, in which case it's pretty much review.
Old 03-24-2010 at 10:55 PM   #3
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Why take 2ba3 in the summer? it's a bird course as it is.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 03-24-2010 at 10:56 PM   #4
minikit99

which one do you recommend taking then in the summer???
Old 03-24-2010 at 10:56 PM   #5
khaotic

Liked: 18 Times

Econ 2X03 is easy if you're confident with your math skills. I didn't feel like I learned a lot of new stuff in that course, but reviewed past topics with applied mathematics. Although there was new material. 2BA3 has a lot of reading and I guess there isn't as much critical thinking involved as Econ 2X03. As to which is easier I think 2BA3 is. However I also think 2BA3 has the a higher workload than 2X03 due to all the readings. As mentioned above you can take accounting 2AA3 if you took accounting in high school. Overall the course is pretty decent in difficulty, but I personally hate accounting =\

If I was in your position I would take the course you dislike the most so you won't have to deal with it during the school year along with 4 other ones.

Last edited by khaotic : 03-24-2010 at 10:59 PM.
Old 03-24-2010 at 11:06 PM   #6
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaotic View Post
Econ 2X03 is easy if you're confident with your math skills. I didn't feel like I learned a lot of new stuff in that course, but reviewed past topics with applied mathematics. Although there was new material. 2BA3 has a lot of reading and I guess there isn't as much critical thinking involved as Econ 2X03. As to which is easier I think 2BA3 is. However I also think 2BA3 has the a higher workload than 2X03 due to all the readings. As mentioned above you can take accounting 2AA3 if you took accounting in high school. Overall the course is pretty decent in difficulty, but I personally hate accounting =\

If I was in your position I would take the course you dislike the most so you won't have to deal with it during the school year along with 4 other ones.
I'm gonna have to disagree. I read the textbook once for 2ba3 and finished with a 7.

I studied my mother-friggin ass off for 2x03's first midterm, FAILED IT *MISERABLY* (less than 30%), and dropped it and now I'm taking it in the summer.

Considering I'm hearing about how people got 10+ in 2x03 over the summer, I'd say the smart move is take 2x03 in the summer.

Edit: Definitely take either 2x03 or 2aa3 in the summer. There is NO sense in taking one of the easier courses in the summer. Get one of the hard ones out of the way.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 03-25-2010 at 01:23 PM   #7
kolodzjt

Liked: 1 Time

Nice man taking the same courses as you in summer school 2X03 and 2BA3.
Old 03-29-2010 at 03:35 PM   #8
Jacqueline D

Hey there,

From personal experience I would say take 2X03 in the first summer term. Many students struggle with it during the year, not because it's super difficult, but because second year is really overwhelming. I would wait on taking 2AA3 till during the year, because in the January second term you'll be taking 2AB3 (whichs builds on material you learned in 2AA3), and it's better to have that fresh in your mind.

Whether to take the Organizational Behavior is up to you. It would make your year ALOT easier, which is the main reason I would consider it. Your midterms will fall on Fridays and Saturdays, and anything to reduce that study load will help. If you are strong in Calc, take both OB and Econ, if not... just focus on the Econ.

Hope that helps!
Old 03-29-2010 at 03:47 PM   #9
sniderj
Elite Member

Liked: 177 Times

2AA3 doesn't transfer a whole ton of information to 2AB3 (other than the basic concept behind journal entries). But that's just from what I remember, and I'm super old.