MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any advice? DLoukov Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 6 03-31-2012 12:34 PM
Need some advice Chopinetude Academics 7 01-07-2012 08:34 PM
ENG advice soody Academics 4 08-15-2011 09:17 PM
Course advice mike4 Academics 4 08-08-2011 01:34 AM
Advice?!~ xo.monica First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 24 12-24-2009 11:56 AM

Need some advice

Old 08-15-2014 at 12:52 AM   #1
Jennnnn

Liked: 4 Times

Need some advice
Hey everyone,

I just don't know where to start, so I thought I'd get some advice to feel better. I have seen way too many people that I know get hurt when they really don't deserve it or feel bad about what is done. But, yet the people who have done the hurt are the ones who get everything. I am so tired of seeing this and I am losing hope in trying to keep everyone I love from going through it. For instance, I know one of my friend's ex broke up with her and hooked on with a girl in just a short time frame. But, he is known to have had 10+ girlfriends plus he goes to church every Sunday. I just don't get how people if they believe in god, are okay doing what they do and never feel guilt...you'd think by the 3rd or 4th girl he would but no....

Another issue is a guy who is expected to get married, but is acting inappropriately with my friend. His fiance has no clue was has been going on and she told her. But, she refused to believe her. So, in this case I do want to help his finance out but just don't know how... Is it really all up to faith?

Any input would be nice, just need some advice :(
Old 08-15-2014 at 05:33 AM   #2
SweetyTweety
Elite Member

Liked: 165 Times

The truth always comes out in the end, and it may not seem like it, but people eventually do get what they deserve. Don't stress yourself out trying to solve other people's problems, just worry about your own troubles for now. The world's too heavy to carry on your shoulders.
Old 08-15-2014 at 10:41 AM   #3
2Dream

Liked: 24 Times

Agree with SweetyTweety, you arent Atlas. Bad shit happens to good people. Bad shit happens to bad people. Same goes for good things. There is no cosmic balance, the world isnt a fair place. Anyone who believes that doing good unto others will bring nothing but happiness clearly has their head in the clouds.
Old 08-23-2014 at 09:44 PM   #4
Hannibal

Liked: 1 Time

"But, he is known to have had 10+ girlfriends plus he goes to church every Sunday. I just don't get how people if they believe in god, are okay doing what they do and never feel guilt...you'd think by the 3rd or 4th girl he would but no"

I just wanted to say that just because he goes to church every Sunday does not mean that he is really religious. The church consists of a mixture of phonies and sincere believers. People pretend to be someone they aren't for all sorts of reasons, this is no different.

Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. - Galatians 6:7

On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’ - Matthew 7:22-23
Old 08-24-2014 at 10:00 PM   #5
Kudos
Elite Member

Liked: 175 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetyTweety View Post
The truth always comes out in the end, and it may not seem like it, but people eventually do get what they deserve.
Both these things are patently untrue.

adaptation likes this.
Old 08-25-2014 at 02:26 PM   #6
MeenaM

Liked: 0 Times

Try and think through problems like these logically. If you think or know someone is cheating on someone, then tell them. Don't tell them outright that this guy's a douche bad even if you know its true. Try and make it seem like that you suspect something but you hope you're wrong. You owe at least that much to a person. What they do with that info is their business and their business alone. Maybe they already know, maybe they'll get burned later on in life. But at least you've done your duty.

Now if you're asking about advice on a more spiritual level, like how can people do bad things without feeling any remorse and stuff like that - then you're out of luck. Life sucks for everyone. Some people are actually good people, they just don't realize that what they're doing is wrong and that it's something they should feel bad for. When my sis was younger, her and her friends would skip class and go and kick at an ESL class's door and make a run for it. After school, she'd come and tell me expecting me to laugh along with her. I of course shouted at her and made her feel like shit. She's not a bad person, she just didn't realize how wrong her actions were. She felt really bad afterwards.

Then there's some people that just don't care. They don't care that cheating on someone will hurt their partner. These people usually have a twisted sense of what's ok and what's not. And I don't mean this in a criminal sense (like they're not murderers or rapists or anything), they probably just think 'hey if you're stupid enough to be cheated on, you deserve to be cheated on'. Or this is my life, I'll do whatever I want.

Sorry for the long post and I hope this helps. I'm an atheist, and I don't actually know much about Christianity, but if you're a true believer than believe in that. Believe in your god. Also this is just my opinion . I'm sorry for what you're going through and hopefully you'll get past this problem soon.