MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Student form help?! oli13 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 08-31-2010 06:24 PM
New Student Form? Little First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-13-2010 09:59 AM
New Student Form? DMe3 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 18 07-14-2010 03:17 PM
new student form Reda First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 07-07-2010 05:49 PM
New Student Form deaner_123 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 07-20-2008 11:55 PM

New student form

Old 06-07-2008 at 05:26 AM   #1
zaidyusufani
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 0 Times

New student form
Hi,

I just want to ask about the new student form, McMaster didnt send me one with my acceptance email so I checked in the website and it was for 2006! so is this the one that I should send or there is some other new student form which is for 2008-2009 ?

and can I send it without a photo and then later when I get into McMaster I take a photo there because am an international student and Im gonna send the form by fax and faxes are black and white lol
Old 06-07-2008 at 08:52 AM   #2
J-Met
Elite Member

Liked: 136 Times

Sorry, I dont have the answer to your question....it should have come in the mail with one of your packages...I believe its also the package that came with the McMaster CD.

But I have another question...it says the new student form should be returned immediately...but what does immediately mean? I will be at Mac on may 7th and Im wondering if I should just hand it in in person, or if july 7th will be to late.
Old 06-07-2008 at 09:18 AM   #3
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Well, first you should try to contact the Registrar's office because they deal with student forms and admissions and things like that. They specifically ask you not to fax in your student form so I'd advise you find some other way to do that.

http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /contacts.html
Old 06-07-2008 at 10:58 AM   #4
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaidyusufani View Post
Hi,

I just want to ask about the new student form, McMaster didnt send me one with my acceptance email so I checked in the website and it was for 2006! so is this the one that I should send or there is some other new student form which is for 2008-2009 ?

and can I send it without a photo and then later when I get into McMaster I take a photo there because am an international student and Im gonna send the form by fax and faxes are black and white lol
Yes, as feonateresa suggested contact the Registrar's Office. They are the ones who process and release the forms, so they are the ones who can tell you what to do since you did not recieve a form.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 06-07-2008 at 11:00 AM   #5
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Met View Post
Sorry, I dont have the answer to you question....it shoul dhave come in the mail with one of your packages...I believe its also the package that came with the McMaster CD.

But I have another question...it says the new student form should be returned immediately...but what does immediately mean? I wil bel at Mac on may 7th and Im wondering if I should just hand it in in person, or if july 7th will be to late.

Uhhh...J-Met? Unless you mean May 7 2009 methinks you typed in the incorrect date.

You can send in the form by mail...which means it will get in quicker. As for handing in when you're on campus...I don't know if that would be too late. You can contact them as well.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 06-09-2008 at 11:07 AM   #6
pjohnson
Liaison Officer - Registrar's Office

Liked: Liked 2 Times

The New Student Form currently on the website is correct. You are right in that you cannot send a fax as we need a colour photo to scan from in order to create your McMaster student ID card. International students were not sent a hard copy offer package so will need to access the New Student Form online. Sending the form without the photo is not a good idea as it will simply not get processed because it will be incomplete. You can have your student card made when you come to campus, but be prepared for line-ups at the Registrar's Office during the first week of school.

The form should be returned no later than July 11, 2008 in order to ensure that your student card is created in time to be sent to you before classes start.
Old 06-09-2008 at 12:50 PM   #7
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

Thanks for the in-depth response Paula! Hope that answers everyone's questions.