MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Years Reminders lorend MacInsiders Announcements 11 01-05-2010 05:34 PM
New Years At Montreal!!! ria89 Clubs & Groups 0 11-23-2009 06:48 PM
Upcoming Years iRetaliate First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 11-15-2009 06:41 PM
Tips for First Years adrian First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 09-04-2009 10:41 PM
4th years lorend Academics 0 11-10-2007 09:58 AM

New Years Resolutions

Old 01-02-2010 at 04:24 PM   #46
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF_CHAN View Post
I don't think many people make resolutions for the sake of making them. They make them to improve themselves.

Thinking "I'm doing this because it's my resolution" is just an extention of "I'm making this resolution because I think it's good for me."

I mean, were you thinking of resolving not to skip class just for the sake of not skipping class? Or did you think of it because you thought it would be better for your grades/work ethic?
What I meant was, after New Years Day 2009, I never thought about my resolution again. I started my workout regime in the summer. I completely forgot about my resolution once January 2nd came around.
Old 01-02-2010 at 04:27 PM   #47
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by arathbon View Post
3) Start being productive before 10:00 at night. I've seriously gotta shift the time when I do my best work from 11:00 to 1:00 to something earlier. Yeah it works fairly well and I still get good grades and such, but at the end of the day, i would worry less, and have less 2-3 days panic/super extra work sessions, not have massive exam stress and would get even better marks, if I could conquer this aspect of my laziness.
I have the exact same problem! I don't know why, but I always do homework at 10pm and 11pm. It's weird. This school year though, I made the change to start doing it right after school at 4pm, and on weekends. I feel so much better now that I don't procrastinate! I guess that was a "new school year resolution".
Old 01-04-2010 at 08:41 PM   #48
jo87
Elite Member

Liked: 152 Times

So has anyone just gotten a gym membership for the new year? I want to but I keep putting it off. I also commute so I need to rent locker, is there any chance of me getting one? Is the gym packed right now?
Old 01-04-2010 at 08:57 PM   #49
Ian Finlay

Liked: 28 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo87 View Post
So has anyone just gotten a gym membership for the new year? I want to but I keep putting it off. I also commute so I need to rent locker, is there any chance of me getting one? Is the gym packed right now?

So far it has seemed busier but not as bad as I thought. Lockers are usually always booked up until may, which if you get it in may you get first dibs for renewal for september(this is a good investment, what I did and have had my locker for the past 3 years). There are always day lockers so make sure you get bring your own lock, or purchase a cheap one at the Short Stop. There are day lockers in the gym which are always full usually in january but free up as the time goes on, so those are great. There are also half locker day lockers outside the lockers across from the squash courts which are always free, and some down the hallway near the Sport Hall Gym(I believe) Also if you go run on the track upstairs there are day lockers upstairs near the track.

I know this isn't your own personal locker, but they work!
Old 01-04-2010 at 09:33 PM   #50
BlakeM
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo87 View Post
What I did was just grab a locker right by 128Q, and have my gym stuff in there, and get day time lockers in the gym for when I want to workout. Works pretty well so far, but I didn't go today to see the New Year's rush.
Old 01-04-2010 at 10:17 PM   #51
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

Ahh I was never one for making plans but why not?

-Stop thinking about what's wrong with the world and how to save it and learning about various Marxist views on World Politics and other fun fun stuff that distracts me from my actual studies

-Start doing well in Economics. All this Marxist Hating has made me disillusioned from the subject that is possibly going to be my best bet at getting a job after graduation. I should also make a resolution to blindly submit to the Market knows best/Consumers are rational assumption and become a slave to the system, I have to do that to do well in my classes

-Complete my SRA projects and come up with even bigger and better ones for next year.

-Atleast "try" and solve the huge issues within the MSU. I'm not sure exactly why they bother me, but they do for some reason.

- Go to the gym. Gone are the days when I used to train with competitive level club soccer teams 4 days a week to automatically keep me fit. I've always hated gyms and the whole theory of standing in a room playing with machines but all that sitting in Mills/SRA office and drinking too much pop/candy/bad food has made me more unfit but more importantly lazier then I ever was in my life :(

-Somehow find a way to revive my Soccer Career and get into Mac Varsity for 010' season.

-Get off my ass and find a more interesting job, Shell Blows.

-Learn a Wind based musical instrument; not sure where to start with that.

-Volunteer outside McMaster

-Find a Boxing or Kungfu Club in Hamilton. I used to do this stuff 5 years back, I kind of miss it.

MSU Vice President Education '12/13