MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Time table help! With changes made. jon.john23 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 06-24-2010 03:56 PM
Made by Mac lawleypop Computers & Tech 26 02-25-2010 10:10 AM
Events or Stories that Made Your Day Lois General Discussion 63 11-13-2009 11:48 PM
ii made a mistake in payment Theexe1 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 22 09-02-2009 09:58 PM
Made by a Mac Contest staceygab General Discussion 1 12-16-2008 12:32 AM

News that has made my day

Old 09-02-2009 at 10:12 PM   #16
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Lol, that reminds me.

There he is!

Where?

There!

What, behind the rabbit?

It IS the rabbit!

XD

lmaoo?

You'll have to youtube me, this doesn't ring a bell. XD

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 09-02-2009 at 10:20 PM   #17
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
lmaoo?

You'll have to youtube me, this doesn't ring a bell. XD

camais, katie_batt, Taunton, _Luu_ like this.
Old 09-02-2009 at 10:21 PM   #18
niteskie
Elite Member

Liked: 45 Times

HAH I did an english project on that movie in grade ten. lol

lawleypop likes this.
Old 09-02-2009 at 10:21 PM   #19
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Oh wow, I can't believe that went over my head.

I feel like a dumbass. D:

/cutcut

Old 09-02-2009 at 10:35 PM   #20
_Luu_
Elite Member

Liked: 184 Times

Quote:
Every time I see that scene of the movie, it's just a LOLfest for me.
Old 09-03-2009 at 12:29 PM   #21
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
If I were a parent I wouldn't let my young child stray too far from me near a dock. It would be far too easy for her to fall in.
In this case, the animal would have attacked the child no matter what... research has shown that predatorial animals who attack children tend to do so no matter who is present. The animal was probably really hungry and since she was a food source already (she was feeding them earlier) it attacked.

It's still animal instinct, but neither the parent or the child were in the wrong in this instance.

katie_batt likes this.
Old 09-03-2009 at 01:01 PM   #22
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
Here's one that made me happy

http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/09/02/w...ity/index.html

Scientists at MIT have been working on wireless electricity for a while now, but it looks like this technology could be made available to consumers as early as next year.
* Watches as cancer rates steadily rise *

:p
Old 09-03-2009 at 01:15 PM   #23
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
In this case, the animal would have attacked the child no matter what... research has shown that predatorial animals who attack children tend to do so no matter who is present. The animal was probably really hungry and since she was a food source already (she was feeding them earlier) it attacked.

It's still animal instinct, but neither the parent or the child were in the wrong in this instance.
Don't feed the animals. Simple.

Old 09-03-2009 at 02:40 PM   #24
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
* Watches as cancer rates steadily rise *

:p
Electromagnetism won't cause cancer. Unless it's UV, X-rays or Gamma rays, but I doubt they are using those to power wireless objects.

It's the same thing when people thought that microwaves would cause cancer. If that were true then we would be having massive problems with light bulbs.
Old 09-03-2009 at 02:42 PM   #25
Taunton
Elite Member

Quote:
Electromagnetism won't cause cancer. Unless it's UV, X-rays or Gamma rays, but I doubt they are using those to power wireless objects.

It's the same thing when people thought that microwaves would cause cancer. If that were true then we would be having massive problems with light bulbs.
Haha, they can't cause cancer, but they can do damage . The reason microwaves have those mesh-looking things inside the window is to stop microwaves from escaping. There's a few places on the internet where the gory details of what happens when an animal is put in the microwave.... not pretty :( . The same principles would apply to a person.

Microwaves are also being implemented by the US army as a nonlethal crowd control device... a tank or vehicle with a giant satellite-dish type thing emits strong microwaves into a crowd and disperses it... the microwaves create a feeling of burning on the skin and force people to back off.
Old 09-03-2009 at 02:44 PM   #26
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Haha, they can't cause cancer, but they can do damage . The reason microwaves have those mesh-looking things inside the window is to stop microwaves from escaping.
Yeah, it can heat you up and cause your proteins to unfold, etc.. but definitively doesn't have enough energy to cause cancer.
Old 09-03-2009 at 02:47 PM   #27
Duarch

Liked: 19 Times

Quote:
Yeah, it can heat you up and cause your proteins to unfold, etc.. but definitively doesn't have enough energy to cause cancer.
Lol and unfolding proteins isn't dangerous at all! Prions scare me...
Old 09-03-2009 at 02:55 PM   #28
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duarch View Post
Lol and unfolding proteins isn't dangerous at all! Prions scare me...
The amount of radiation shouldn't be a problem, I doubt they would be able to make a TV or Washing Machine work.

But there's a cellphone coming out that can convert radio waves into usable electricity. It's not enough to hold a call, but it can keep your cellphone on until you have a chance to charge it.
Old 09-03-2009 at 03:00 PM   #29
Taunton
Elite Member

Quote:
The amount of radiation shouldn't be a problem, I doubt they would be able to make a TV or Washing Machine work.

But there's a cellphone coming out that can convert radio waves into usable electricity. It's not enough to hold a call, but it can keep your cellphone on until you have a chance to charge it.
Thats interesting... I just watched a mythbusters episode that showed that radio waves can barely produce enough power to keep a watch on... do you have a news article or something where I could read about this phone?
Old 09-03-2009 at 03:03 PM   #30
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

I don't know; there have already been random studies saying things like cordless phones and cell phones stuck against your head *may* increase your chances of getting brain cancer; and that's a weak radio signal.

I don't know how comfortable I am with wireless waves carrying enough energy to power a whole machine passing through me at any given moment.

Then again; pretty much everything these days can cause cancer :p

On that note; I for one welcome our future wirelessly powered robot overlords!

Taunton likes this.