MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My offers in jeopardy! Help?! MaryS First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-12-2010 12:04 AM
Alternate Offers amare First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 05-10-2010 04:54 PM
McMaster University Offers of Admission 2010 Thread Rubicon First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 28 04-18-2010 09:28 AM
Conditional Offers yevenbother First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 83 07-15-2009 11:20 PM
McMaster Kinesiology offers of admission? Mac12 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 17 04-15-2009 06:19 PM

Offers of Admission

Old 05-04-2008 at 08:06 AM   #121
angusluk

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by missing_sock View Post
Hi guys! I'm new to this forum! I called mac and they told me the Health Sci acceptances (and ...rejections) were going to be sent around May 7th or 8th. So, do you live outside of Ontario?
Hey ya I live in HK, so i applied via the 105D route, dw if u havent got it yet! n gd luck!
Old 05-04-2008 at 08:53 AM   #122
missing_sock

Thanks for the support!
Old 05-04-2008 at 09:13 PM   #123
soroush122

HELp Me :((
Hey Guys , I got an offer of admission from Mac about 3 or 2 weeks ago in Engineering ( + 2000 $ Entrance) , also I got an offer from U of T for its General Engineering and Computer Engineering. The point is that, I can't make up my mind and choose one :confuse d02: . I live in toronto and I'm here about 6 month( I come from Iran). I visited Mac campus once and I loved it way more than U of T, but if I stay in toronto , I don't have to pay for Residency and be worry about foods and these things, On the other hand I wont be able to make many friends and enjoy being with other students in residence. The reputation is another factor and concern for me. I'll go to Mac 10 may tour and then decide ( one more thing, if I get into Mac's Engineering and then wanna switch to kinesiology or anything that can be helpful for Dentistry , is it applicable? ) THANKSSSS
Old 05-04-2008 at 10:57 PM   #124
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

You can take the Dentistry pre-requisites as elective courses as Mac, provided you meet their prereqs

And no one can make the decision about this but yourself!

But you can always transfer...

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 05-04-2008 at 11:04 PM   #125
rakib

pre-requsites
hi, i received a conditional offer on biochemistry program. However i do want to apply for dentistry. In regards to the pre requisites for dentistry, how do i select the required courses,... like i mean is there any affiliated person, that helps with selecting pre-requsites for dentistry for first year students? Or is it like, For example i have taken biochem...so i have to take all the required courses for biochem...and for the electives...i can take all the pre requisites ?
Old 05-04-2008 at 11:21 PM   #126
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

You need to look up what Dentistry schools want. You also need to consider each school seperately, as they are likely all different just like medical schools are.

From there, you will see if your courses will meet the requirements, or if you will be taking them as electives, or something seperate from your degree in summer school.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 05-05-2008 at 01:20 AM   #127
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

@soroush122: Consider the $2000 entrance scholarship payment to help pay off your residence
Old 05-05-2008 at 06:02 PM   #128
soroush122

Thanks guys...., do u have any idea about Mac's may 10th tour?
Old 05-05-2008 at 06:37 PM   #129
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

It's not a tour. It's a day of various events and opportunities to ask various departments questions and see what's available.

Old 05-05-2008 at 09:39 PM   #130
Alvand

Liked: 39 Times

I received an acceptance from Mac for Business last week and I really want to check out the campus but I don't know if I can make it to the May 10 event because my prom is on Friday. But I really want to come so I'm going to see how the day goes...
Old 05-05-2008 at 09:44 PM   #131
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

you mean the morning? lol.

you can come on other days, such as the easy summer orientation program days, or welcome day also

Old 05-06-2008 at 04:33 PM   #132
missing_sock

I just got into health sciences, my first choice!!! Yay! Good luck to everyone else!
Old 05-06-2008 at 05:29 PM   #133
kenvin100
Elite Member

Liked: 21 Times

Congrats mate, what was your average?

I just got my package in the mail..looked at the intro CD..im looking foward to first week, sounds fun!

Hopefully, I have my friends from school to come with me lol..but w.e I'm willing to make good friends
Old 05-06-2008 at 07:33 PM   #134
missing_sock

My average was greater than 90 and less that 100..hehehe, no actually I'm not
sure exactly b/c I also asked for my IB grades to be reviewed. I'll get my package
within the next week or two... I can't wait till next year! Hopefully I'll have some friends join me as well, but I hope to make some great new friends too! Maybe I'll see you next year! (lol, not that I'll be able to tell)
Old 05-06-2008 at 07:46 PM   #135
42__svubc07

hey everyone, i'm new to this forum.

i see a lot of people got accepted to hthsci already, and i'm just wondering now.. how do they do the offers of admission? like how many rounds do they do, and what is the basis upon which they send out their offers? is it by marks/supplementary score? alphabetical order?

i'm getting really anxious. :(