OSAP help? jochanny Financial Aid 3 08-13-2010 08:37 PM
Osap vp15 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 07-22-2010 08:55 PM

OSAP booboo

Old 06-21-2010 at 10:37 AM   #1
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

OSAP booboo
Hello everyone. Well, this is embarassing, but I've recently found out that I filled in my OSAP application incorrectly, and now it is "on hold". I called the financial aid office and was told to write a letter regarding the change that must be made. I did just that, and submitted the letter a week ago. However, the Queen Elizabeth II scholarship required my application to be completed by the 18th (letter was sent 15th). I'm wondering how long it usually takes to correct these OSAP changes, and whether or not my chances for this scholarship will be jeopardized. Sorry for the wall of text!
Old 06-21-2010 at 12:25 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angoose View Post
Hello everyone. Well, this is embarassing, but I've recently found out that I filled in my OSAP application incorrectly, and now it is "on hold". I called the financial aid office and was told to write a letter regarding the change that must be made. I did just that, and submitted the letter a week ago. However, the Queen Elizabeth II scholarship required my application to be completed by the 18th (letter was sent 15th). I'm wondering how long it usually takes to correct these OSAP changes, and whether or not my chances for this scholarship will be jeopardized. Sorry for the wall of text!
I would contact SFAS again to inquire about that. I assume you would still be eligible because your original application was sent in before the deadline. But assumptions aren't very good to make. So definitively contact them. They should be open now.
Old 06-21-2010 at 05:50 PM   #3
mcmastergcdb
Elite Member

Liked: 89 Times

lol at booboo
Old 06-21-2010 at 08:21 PM   #4
Angoose
Elite Member

I know, I know...I said Booboo. I don't know what else to call it without using an expletive >: O. I'm just afraid my OSAP won't get processed at all, since I'm counting on it for a chunk of my tuition. Surely someone understands me?!
Old 06-21-2010 at 08:24 PM   #5
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
I know, I know...I said Booboo. I don't know what else to call it without using an expletive >: O. I'm just afraid my OSAP won't get processed at all, since I'm counting on it for a chunk of my tuition. Surely someone understands me?!
Your application will still be processed, the only issue is the QEII scholarship.
Old 06-21-2010 at 09:24 PM   #6
Fa11enAnge1

Liked: 3 Times

Dont worry too much. As long as you submitted an application before the QEII deadline -- you should be able to appeal the decision and get the scholarship. The same thing happened with me, though mine was a little different story. But the point was that I missed the QEII deadline in the Mac OSAP application but I had submitted one before hand.

In the end I got the QEII, but I had to wait until January to get it ... CONCLUSION: the OSAP people are really nice and if your reason is not "OH i missed the deadline for QEII", you should be okay for the scholarship
Old 06-21-2010 at 09:56 PM   #7
Needlenose
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 27 Times

This is probably a silly question for which the answer is obviously no, but... If you missed the deadline for QEII and submitted your OSAP application after this deadline, there is no way to get QEII ever, right? I mean, you can't apply for it when going from first to second year? (I missed the QEII deadline when applying for OSAP from Gr 12 and therefore never received any QEII money. Sucks, right?)
Old 06-21-2010 at 09:59 PM   #8
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needlenose View Post
This is probably a silly question for which the answer is obviously no, but... If you missed the deadline for QEII and submitted your OSAP application after this deadline, there is no way to get QEII ever, right? I mean, you can't apply for it when going from first to second year? (I missed the QEII deadline when applying for OSAP from Gr 12 and therefore never received any QEII money. Sucks, right?)
I believe that's right. It's the same as if you fail to renew your QEII after first year. You can no longer get the QEII after that.
Old 06-21-2010 at 10:51 PM   #9
Angoose
Elite Member

Just wondering, is the OSAP site usually a bit slower to update? I'm crossing my fingers hoping that my application is no longer "on hold" as it says.
Old 06-21-2010 at 10:57 PM   #10
limelime

Liked: 0 Times

Is the QE II deadline this Friday for students going into second year?
Old 06-21-2010 at 10:59 PM   #11
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Just wondering, is the OSAP site usually a bit slower to update? I'm crossing my fingers hoping that my application is no longer "on hold" as it says.
I would probably say that they update everything at once atleast once each day. But they have lots of applications to go through so yeah...
Old 06-21-2010 at 11:45 PM   #12
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Damn taxman didn't give us the page with the financial infos for the lines 300, so I can't even finish my form to mess it up.

I have nothing to contribute to this thread, so I'll put in what first popped into my head when I read the thread title:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTy2D...eature=related
Old 06-22-2010 at 07:36 PM   #13
AlienSummer

Liked: 55 Times

I made a mistake last summer and noticed the mistake right after I sent it in. It took two months and several emails until they finally fixed it. They released the money to me in September, and then "changed" it for second semester. It was really frustrating.
Old 06-23-2010 at 01:26 PM   #14
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienSummer View Post
I made a mistake last summer and noticed the mistake right after I sent it in. It took two months and several emails until they finally fixed it. They released the money to me in September, and then "changed" it for second semester. It was really frustrating.
Yeah, if there are any changes to your application, course load, income, basically anything that affects your OSAP, they correct it in the second instalment. That's why they have 2 instalments. Otherwise the fact that they split the money in 2 is idiotic.
Old 06-23-2010 at 03:59 PM   #15
Angoose
Elite Member

Interesting video >: O. This OSAP thing is really frustrating, I agree :(. *Breaks a wall*