MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Textbook Missing Pages!! Imtiaz Academics 6 09-26-2010 08:58 AM
OSAP Signature Pages sent to Stoney Creek Kaykayy Academics 10 08-31-2010 10:12 PM
OSAP declaration & signature pages jchoi92 Financial Aid 4 08-23-2010 12:16 PM
OSAP and Flex OSAP Plan HELP! knguyens2 Financial Aid 4 08-23-2010 09:40 AM
OSAP Signature Pages Can't Be Opened Desda First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 07-11-2010 04:13 PM

OSAP Declaration Pages

Old 06-30-2009 at 08:57 PM   #16
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwyhan91 View Post
Can we send the declaration pgs of applicant & parent in one envelope or seperately?
One envelope should do the trick.
Old 07-03-2009 at 01:00 AM   #17
smashpro1123

Liked: 5 Times

hi. i'm sending my signature and declaration pages (mine and my parents). but do i also send supporting documentation cover sheet?

Old 07-03-2009 at 01:04 AM   #18
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashpro1123 View Post
hi. i'm sending my signature and declaration pages (mine and my parents). but do i also send supporting documentation cover sheet?
Yes, send in the cover sheet filled out as well.

smashpro1123 says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 07-03-2009 at 01:08 AM   #19
smashpro1123

Liked: 5 Times

so only this documentations then

1) cover sheet
2) my declaration pages
3) my parents declaration pages
Old 07-03-2009 at 01:10 AM   #20
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashpro1123 View Post
so only this documentations then

1) cover sheet
2) my declaration pages
3) my parents declaration pages
That is generally the case.
Old 07-03-2009 at 01:15 AM   #21
zunizoon
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 0 Times

I sent in my declaration pages not two weeks ago, so its fresh. Send it to McMaster, the address is on the first page (:
Old 07-21-2009 at 08:54 PM   #22
kwyhan91

URGGHHH this is baaaaaaaad.

so i sent in my declaration pages already parents too
but i didnt know there was such thing as supporting documentation cover sheet.

so i sent it 3 weeks ago without the support doc cover sheet.

now my application is on hold because i didnt send in the support doc cover sheet.

apparently, you're suppose to send all three of them.
i found out NOWWW. =((((((((((

i was going to reprint the declaration pages but it says that
my signature pages have been reviewed by the ministry so won't let me even click on that option.

WHAT DO I DO =(

also, what does this mean?
You are not a resident of Ontario for OSAP purposes. However, if you are denied student financial assistance from the province or territory in which you most recently resided on the basis of residency, the ministry may review your situation to determine if you are eligible for assistance in Ontario. If you wish to have your personal situation reviewed, you and your parent(s) must:
1) complete a History of Canadian Residency for Student and Parent(s) form;
2) provide documentation that confirms your and your parent(s) date of entry into Canada (e.g., Canadian Immigration Record, Permanent Resident Card, or Protected Persons Status Document); and
3) provide a letter of refusal from the province in which you most recently resided indicating that you are not eligible for financial assistance on the basis of residency from the student financial assistance program operated by that province or territory.

Does this mean i have to send those 3 attached to my supporting doc
Old 07-21-2009 at 08:57 PM   #23
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

If you can't access the supporting documention cover sheet, call them and ask you to mail you one or make it so that you can access it again.

Those 3 things you listed, yes, attach those to the cover sheet and write down what they are ON the cover sheet.

EDIT: Actually, I just checked my OSAP. Go into CHECK STATUS and then click on the link under CHECKLIST - you should be able to print the supporting documention cover sheet from there.

Last edited by feonateresa : 07-21-2009 at 09:01 PM.
Old 07-21-2009 at 09:00 PM   #24
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
URGGHHH this is baaaaaaaad.

so i sent in my declaration pages already parents too
but i didnt know there was such thing as supporting documentation cover sheet.

so i sent it 3 weeks ago without the support doc cover sheet.

now my application is on hold because i didnt send in the support doc cover sheet.

apparently, you're suppose to send all three of them.
i found out NOWWW. =((((((((((

i was going to reprint the declaration pages but it says that
my signature pages have been reviewed by the ministry so won't let me even click on that option.

WHAT DO I DO =(

also, what does this mean?
You are not a resident of Ontario for OSAP purposes. However, if you are denied student financial assistance from the province or territory in which you most recently resided on the basis of residency, the ministry may review your situation to determine if you are eligible for assistance in Ontario. If you wish to have your personal situation reviewed, you and your parent(s) must:
1) complete a History of Canadian Residency for Student and Parent(s) form;
2) provide documentation that confirms your and your parent(s) date of entry into Canada (e.g., Canadian Immigration Record, Permanent Resident Card, or Protected Persons Status Document); and
3) provide a letter of refusal from the province in which you most recently resided indicating that you are not eligible for financial assistance on the basis of residency from the student financial assistance program operated by that province or territory.

Does this mean i have to send those 3 attached to my supporting doc
Are you Canadian or a Permanent Resident? There are certain condition you have to meet in order to be eligible for the financial aid: https://osap.gov.on.ca/eng/not_secur...ig_req_123.htm

Yes, you must provide all those documents.
Old 07-21-2009 at 09:14 PM   #25
kwyhan91

Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post
If you can't access the supporting documention cover sheet, call them and ask you to mail you one or make it so that you can access it again.

Those 3 things you listed, yes, attach those to the cover sheet and write down what they are ON the cover sheet.

EDIT: Actually, I just checked my OSAP. Go into CHECK STATUS and then click on the link under CHECKLIST - you should be able to print the supporting documention cover sheet from there.

no i can access the support doc sheet.
but NOT declaration pages.. i already sent them without a supporting doc. i know, so stupid.

but am i too late?
causeim in a 50 week program=(((
Old 07-21-2009 at 09:15 PM   #26
kwyhan91

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Are you Canadian or a Permanent Resident? There are certain condition you have to meet in order to be eligible for the financial aid: https://osap.gov.on.ca/eng/not_secur...ig_req_123.htm

Yes, you must provide all those documents.
yes , i am a canadian resident...
Urgh, does this mean i gotta go make changes on my application??

and i cant seem to print declaration pages.
i sent them already but without a supporting doc.

am i too late?
is my application cancelled?
Old 07-21-2009 at 09:18 PM   #27
saukalra
Elite Member

Liked: 18 Times

Quote:
no i can access the support doc sheet.
but NOT declaration pages.. i already sent them without a supporting doc. i know, so stupid.

but am i too late?
causeim in a 50 week program=(((
Your supporting document has to reach there 90 days before the END of your academic year. So its not too late at all now.
Heres the link I got this info from:
https://osap.gov.on.ca/eng/not_secur..._deadlines.htm

kwyhan91 says thanks to saukalra for this post.
Old 07-21-2009 at 09:21 PM   #28
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
yes , i am a canadian resident...
Urgh, does this mean i gotta go make changes on my application??

and i cant seem to print declaration pages.
i sent them already but without a supporting doc.

am i too late?
is my application cancelled?
It's 90 days before the end of the term (I changed it because I forgot you already applied and it only applies to supporting documents)

No, you don't have to make changes on your application (Unless you said you were a Canadian citizen or chose an option that's not "Permanent Residence".

Which province have do you have PR in?
Old 07-21-2009 at 09:22 PM   #29
kwyhan91

Quote:
Originally Posted by saukalra View Post
Your supporting document has to reach there 90 days before the END of your academic year. So its not too late at all now.
Heres the link I got this info from:
https://osap.gov.on.ca/eng/not_secur..._deadlines.htm
Thank you.
I tottally did NOT see that END of your academic year.
thank you so much

i need to make changes to my application because I DO reside in Ontario..
But i made a silly error in the application.
How do I reach the financial aid office to ask them to cancel my application??

Also, i cant seem to access the declaration pages.
how do i print them again?
they said i can't print them because it's already being viewed by the ministry.
Old 07-21-2009 at 09:24 PM   #30
kwyhan91

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
It's 90 days before the end of the term (I changed it because I forgot you already applied and it only applies to supporting documents)

No, you don't have to make changes on your application (Unless you said you were a Canadian citizen or chose an option that's not "Permanent Residence".

Which province have do you have PR in?
Canadian Citizen. Current Status: I am a single, dependent student. Residency: I now reside in Ontario, and none of the following statements applies to me:
(1) Ontario is the last province in which I resided in for 12 consecutive months without being a full-time postsecondary student;
(2) I have lived in Canada for less than 12 consecutive months;
(3) My spouse has always resided in Ontario,
(4) Ontario is the last province my spouse resided in for 12 consecutive months without being a full-time postsecondary student (if applicable);
(5) My spouse and I have lived in Canada for less than 12 consecutive months;
(6) Ontario is the last province my parent(s), step-parent, legal guardian(s), or official sponsor(s) has resided in for 12 consecutive months (if applicable); or
(7) My parents and I have lived in Canada for less than 12 mont

thats what i wrote on my application.

When i was going to cancel my app, it says "IF YOU ACTUALLY DO RESIDE IN ONTARIO, CONTACT FINANCIAL AID OFFICE TO CANCEL YOUR APPLICATION)