MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do I include Mac Entrance Scholarship on my OSAP application? +MORE OSAP questions gabbynelly Financial Aid 2 06-28-2012 02:56 PM
Mac ID and osap raveenaj First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 07-16-2011 02:07 PM
Would my exam mark be zero if the medical document didn't get approved? : ( Frank Ocean Academics 32 04-12-2011 04:04 PM
OSAP and Flex OSAP Plan HELP! knguyens2 Financial Aid 4 08-23-2010 09:40 AM
OSAP help? jochanny Financial Aid 3 08-13-2010 08:37 PM

OSAP document HELP!!!!

Old 07-25-2012 at 03:35 PM   #1
luna

Liked: 10 Times

OSAP document HELP!!!!
To get OSAP I have to send the university a letter explaining why I was on academic probation (I'm on probation due to medical reasons and I wasn't satisfied with the program I was in). Has anyone done something like this? I am not sure about the structure of the letter (eg. how long it should be etc) and I'm concerned about what my chances of getting OSAP are now!! Do you think my situation will still have them accept my application and should I provide a doctor's note too, they didn't ask for one but in case they do later? I'm going to go to campus later and talk with them in person too but I still need help with how the letter is to be written.
Old 07-25-2012 at 07:51 PM   #2
sinnersdrown

Liked: 89 Times

The letter should be a page long specifying why you were placed on academic probation and also provide medical documentation for proof of the medical reasons you specified. You should also make mention of any improvements you have noticed regarding your reasons and grades and what you plan on doing to improve your studies. As long as you mention all that, I see no reason as I why they wouldn't accept your application. They'd just like to know why you were placed on probation in the first place.
Old 07-26-2012 at 11:24 PM   #3
luna

Liked: 10 Times

This takes a lot of stress off me! thank you so much!!
Old 07-26-2012 at 11:55 PM   #4
sinnersdrown

Liked: 89 Times

No problem, don't stress out too much and just write it to the best of your ability with all the relevant information.