MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another OSAP Question lawleypop General Discussion 6 09-13-2010 09:38 PM
What happens if I do this (OSAP question) Sultan First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 07-12-2010 01:51 PM
OSAP Question Alchemist11 Financial Aid 3 05-31-2010 11:10 PM
osap question danallan First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-13-2009 07:16 PM
Question about TTG and OSAP HeatherH General Discussion 5 07-15-2009 05:49 PM

OSAP Question

Old 06-21-2013 at 12:57 PM   #1
sbajaj28

Liked: 2 Times

OSAP Question
So I just submitted my OSAP application for 2013-2014 and I was wondering if I had to mention my program change. I was in Life Science I and will now be going into Honours Biology but its under the same faculty. Does it make a difference in my application? Just getting a little worried now...
Old 06-21-2013 at 01:32 PM   #2
akikokoyoki
The Welcome Wagon
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 101 Times

I went from Humanities I to Honours Linguistics when I was about to enter second year. In my experience, it was changed automatically in their system when I applied for the second time. Since I changed my program again due to circumstances, I did that manually this time. It will make a difference on the funding they are going to give you but not a big one...
Old 06-21-2013 at 02:02 PM   #3
sbajaj28

When I was submitting the application it said Honours Life Science as my program and I didn't see a way to change it. Would it best to contact the school and have them change it?
Old 06-21-2013 at 02:06 PM   #4
akikokoyoki
The Welcome Wagon
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbajaj28 View Post
When I was submitting the application it said Honours Life Science as my program and I didn't see a way to change it. Would it best to contact the school and have them change it?
Yes that would be best at the moment. Just explain your situation and I'm sure they are willing to change it.
Old 06-21-2013 at 03:09 PM   #5
Jennnnn

Liked: 4 Times

So, let's say there needs to be an income change with the osap application and it has already been submitted, how would one go about making this change? Who would I need to contact?
Old 06-21-2013 at 03:21 PM   #6
akikokoyoki
The Welcome Wagon
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennnnn View Post
So, let's say there needs to be an income change with the osap application and it has already been submitted, how would one go about making this change? Who would I need to contact?
You need to contact the SFAS (Student Financial Aid and Scholarship) office about that matter. I believe there is an application you have to fill out and hand in to the office. It's best to ask them about it.

Although after you submit the application online, OSAP will send you an email during the year indicating that you have to update your income on the OSAP website. The first time I've done this, it was mailed to me. Now it's online.

(you will find the information you need to know)
Old 06-21-2013 at 03:31 PM   #7
Jennnnn

Liked: 4 Times

Thanks so much for your help!
Is there a way to cancel the osap application after submitting it if let's say a section was filled out incorrectly?
Old 06-21-2013 at 03:39 PM   #8
akikokoyoki
The Welcome Wagon
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennnnn View Post
Thanks so much for your help!
Is there a way to cancel the osap application after submitting it if let's say a section was filled out incorrectly?
You can't cancel the application after it has been submitted. You can only cancel it if you are still working on it. But if there is an incorrect part of the application that you filled out, you have to let the SFAS office know about it. There is also an form that you fill out to do this which is available in their website.

Also when you print the signature pages after submitting it online, there is a chance for you to correct the ones that you fill up incorrectly. You make this correction and submit it to the SFAS office afterwards. Of course you and your parents have to sign the pages.

Last edited by akikokoyoki : 06-21-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Old 06-21-2013 at 10:24 PM   #9
sbajaj28

I talked to the SFAS office and they said the exact same thing, fill out an OSAP Change Request Form and send it along with the signature pages. They'll process the changes once they receive all the documents
Old 06-24-2013 at 03:04 PM   #10
Chewie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbajaj28 View Post
I talked to the SFAS office and they said the exact same thing, fill out an OSAP Change Request Form and send it along with the signature pages. They'll process the changes once they receive all the documents

Just to clarify since I wondered about the same thing - if we need our program changed, we have to fill out the OSAP Change Request Form and send it along with our signature pages?
Old 06-25-2013 at 12:13 PM   #11
sbajaj28

I believe so, or at least that's what the receptionist in the OSAP office told me!