MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Couse Hero? otherscott Academics 4 06-22-2010 01:34 PM
unlock Guitar Hero II marauderlove General Discussion 0 05-01-2008 03:17 PM
Guitar Hero III Tournament Starts Today! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 02-08-2008 07:47 AM
Guitar Hero III Fundraiser Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 01-29-2008 09:48 PM

Who Owns The GTR -> Your My Hero

Old 09-22-2009 at 07:59 AM   #31
hamza7

Liked: 2 Times

Reventon
For those of you Lamborghini Reventón

Fans here is a ad for the new roadster, I must say it is pretty amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeGlghZJKBo

Last edited by hamza7 : 09-22-2009 at 08:18 AM.

Taunton likes this.
Old 09-22-2009 at 10:04 AM   #32
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 394 Times

All day in summer some dude had his 911 GT3 parked in the parking lot outside DSB/DBAC.

Also some ******* 2nd year kid has a brand new shiny silver 335xi. I hate him for it as I am not nearly rich enough to afford that car and I love it.
Old 09-22-2009 at 11:31 AM   #33
hamza7

Yea you business kids have pretty shiny cars outside DSB, even the professors have nice luxury sedans, I've seen limo's there enough times.
Old 09-22-2009 at 07:19 PM   #34
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamza7 View Post
For those of you Lamborghini Reventón

Fans here is a ad for the new roadster, I must say it is pretty amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeGlghZJKBo

Good lord. BRB, touching myself. I've never seen anything so sexy. Forget men.

Quote:
Yea you business kids have pretty shiny cars outside DSB, even the professors have nice luxury sedans, I've seen limo's there enough times.
Only reason why I'm in business. XD

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Afzal likes this.
Old 09-22-2009 at 08:15 PM   #35
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Bobert's sig: "There's no replacement for displacement."

Turbochargers (and superchargers) beg to differ. What else could get the Evo VIII FQ400's tiny 2.0L engine to produce 400HP? Not many other cars can boast a power:displacement ratio of 200:1. =p

I think I'm just a little biased against European cars, but I really don't see the appeal if you're looking for performance. I'll admit their interiors might be pretty, but performance-wise, they're usually way overweight. (Also why I hate Pimp My Ride: great, your car has a rockin' sound system and more screens than a DS factory. Have fun trying to get it to highway speed.)

As for the Italian supercars, yes, they'll definitely turn a few heads, but unless you're absurdly rich, I consider them a waste of money. Their value depreciates way too quickly for me to ever consider one. A $250 000 Lambo will probably lose 30% of its value within about four years. With that kind of cash, a second house is probably a much better investment, but I guess to each their own. And I suppose the depreciation is good for people who don't mind buying from the second-hand market...

Appearances: again, yes, pretty much every Lambo will turn lots of heads. But I have this natural bias against drivers of cars like that, as it's more than likely they're total elitists or spoiled children of rich parents. That'll probably change as soon as I meet a nice, intelligent owner of one, but for now, my mind's made up. =p

It's also kind of the reason I prefer the R34 to the current GT-R. It's a semi-underground legend. While it won't attract as much attention to the average person as anything Italian, the people who do notice one are probably purists who know what's what and are able to appreciate what it can do (or at least people who've played Gran Turismo). Especially considering its low cost. Plus, I think it does circle taillights much better than the Vette.

*gets ready to be destroyed by all the ZR1 fans*

The R35 is nice and I like it because of its history, but it almost seems like Nissan's trying too hard to have it in the supercar category given its extreme appearance. I've always preferred subtlety myself.

I'm liking this discussion as a whole though. I should hang around the Business side of faculty more to try to catch a glimpse.
Old 09-22-2009 at 08:19 PM   #36
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post

As for the Italian supercars, yes, they'll definitely turn a few heads, but unless you're absurdly rich, I consider them a waste of money. Their value depreciates way too quickly for me to ever consider one. A $250 000 Lambo will probably lose 30% of its value within about four years. With that kind of cash, a second house is probably a much better investment, but I guess to each their own. And I suppose the depreciation is good for people who don't mind buying from the second-hand market...

Appearances: again, yes, pretty much every Lambo will turn lots of heads. But I have this natural bias against drivers of cars like that, as it's more than likely they're total elitists or spoiled children of rich parents. That'll probably change as soon as I meet a nice, intelligent owner of one, but for now, my mind's made up. =p

I can't say that I've ever seen a young person driving a lambo. It's ALWAYS been an older person (who's probably retired).

Even the ONLY lambo in my hometown (it's a surprise there's one at all), it was an old person driving it. Maybe I should hang around big cities more often? But on the 115 (road to mosport) and 401, it's never been a young person. xD

Old 09-22-2009 at 08:53 PM   #37
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

I've seen a couple of 19 year oldish people driving porsches, 1-2 driving a ferrari (one was a 599), one driving a Maserati Quattroporte and I've seen one driving a murcielago. Must be nice!
Old 09-22-2009 at 08:57 PM   #38
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
I can't say that I've ever seen a young person driving a lambo. It's ALWAYS been an older person (who's probably retired).

Even the ONLY lambo in my hometown (it's a surprise there's one at all), it was an old person driving it. Maybe I should hang around big cities more often? But on the 115 (road to mosport) and 401, it's never been a young person. xD
I agree.

As for lambo owners being elitists.... quite honestly, if you've worked to be successful enough to own a lamborghini, you have a right to be proud.

I will always dream of owing one of those machines one day... definitely my favourite by far.

And as for performance? European vehicles are my favourite by far...
Old 09-22-2009 at 08:58 PM   #39
Taunton
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTGregD View Post
I've seen a couple of 19 year oldish people driving porsches, 1-2 driving a ferrari (one was a 599), one driving a Maserati Quattroporte and I've seen one driving a murcielago. Must be nice!
Yeah, they've either got extremely rich parents/relatives or they're into the drug trade... either way I agree with you that it would be nice... imagine the insurance cost of being a young driver in a supercar!
Old 09-22-2009 at 09:04 PM   #40
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
I agree.

As for lambo owners being elitists.... quite honestly, if you've worked to be successful enough to own a lamborghini, you have a right to be proud.

I will always dream of owing one of those machines one day... definitely my favourite by far.

And as for performance? European vehicles are my favourite by far...
OH MY GOD, BEN.

SOUND THE ALARMS.

WE AGREE ON SOMETHING.

XD

My life will be complete once I own one of every lamborghini. I've dreamt about them since I was 9. Then that Reventon came out... Sweet baby jesus.

Taunton likes this.
Old 09-22-2009 at 09:08 PM   #41
Taunton
Elite Member

Quote:
OH MY GOD, BEN.

SOUND THE ALARMS.

WE AGREE ON SOMETHING.

XD

My life will be complete once I own one of every lamborghini. I've dreamt about them since I was 9. Then that Reventon came out... Sweet baby jesus.
Haha, what colour of lambo would you get?

I really like the classic lambo yellow on black myself.
Old 09-22-2009 at 09:14 PM   #42
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
Haha, what colour of lambo would you get?

I really like the classic lambo yellow on black myself.
The spider green or the orange.

It's the only colours that should be seen on a sports car. There is something about that sports car orange that is just so sexy.

Like the Challenger orange. Not the Camaro orange.

It's sad that I actually get excited about this. Lmao.

http://www.wastedtalent.com. ar/wp-...r_srt8 _1.jpg

http://freshcarnews.net/wp-content/u...rd-mustang.jpg

But I also like the bumblebee yellow on the lamborghini. It does look very classic.

Old 09-22-2009 at 09:16 PM   #43
hamza7

Maybe you have seen some young people driving Lambo's but maybe they got them from that Orange county guy, Orange County Lamborghini's use to be the biggest Lambo dealership in the world but the owner screwed it up by screwing with VW(owners of Lambo) finance to scam them for 70 million dollars or something, but he got caught so to make fast cash, if you went into that dealership in April of '07 you could a got a Murcielago roadster a car that usually goes for over $400,000 for only $63,000 as long as you were willing to pay cash, talk about the deal of the century!
Old 09-22-2009 at 09:17 PM   #44
Taunton
Elite Member

Quote:
The spider green or the orange.

It's the only colours that should be seen on a sports car. There is something about that sports car orange that is just so sexy.

Like the Challenger orange. Not the Camaro orange.

It's sad that I actually get excited about this. Lmao.

http://www.wastedtalent.com. ar/wp-...r_srt8 _1.jpg

http://freshcarnews.net/wp-content/u...rd-mustang.jpg

But I also like the bumblebee yellow on the lamborghini. It does look very classic.
So like this one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:La...uperVeloce.jpg

My favourite look is this one:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:La...utosalon09.JPG
Old 09-22-2009 at 09:17 PM   #45
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Maybe you have seen some young people driving Lambo's but maybe they got them from that Orange county guy, Orange County Lamborghini's use to be the biggest Lambo dealership in the world but the owner screwed it up by screwing with VW(owners of Lambo) finance to scam them for 70 million dollars or something, but he got caught so to make fast cash, if you went into that dealership in April of '07 you could a got a Murcielago roadster a car that usually goes for over $400,000 for only $63,000 as long as you were willing to pay cash, talk about the deal of the century!
I just crapped my pants.

If only I just carried around 63,000$ cash on me at all times.

Darn me for not being prepared for situations like these.