MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Paying tuition Angoose First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 09-22-2010 07:08 PM
Paying off Tuition joannR Financial Aid 2 09-13-2010 07:20 PM
Tuition Fees and Possible Tuition Reduction due to Headstart/LEAP MacPack First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 06-10-2010 09:07 PM
Paying Tuition Ruggedman First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 07-31-2008 08:36 PM
Paying for tuition online Chad Financial Aid 0 08-10-2007 03:13 PM

Paying tuition

Old 08-30-2009 at 10:59 PM   #16
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiles View Post
Oh okay, so if the "Payment Agreement Balance" is 0, we should be fine, right? And we don't have to necessarily pick up OSAP before September 1st?
Yes to both those questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afzal View Post
I sent my fees last week through int'l wire transfer and it showed on the acct statement...do i still have to fax the CIBC deposit form?
It seems like you do:

Quote:
International Wire Transfer
  • Arrangements for an International Wire Transfer should be made 10 days to 2 weeks prior to your payment deadine date
  • Download the International Student’s CIBC Direct Deposit Form from: http://www.mcmaster.ca/bms/student/SAC_downloads.htm or by clicking the "Forms" button at the top of your Payment Agreement
    • the specific banking information is on this form
  • Once the money transfer is completed and you have bank confirmation, please complete the CIBC Direct Deposit form and submit it to the Student Accounts and Cashiers Office, Gilmour Hall 209 (or by fax 905-527-3615)
  • Please Note: upon receipt of your transfer, CIBC may apply a $10.00 CAD service charge – please keep this in mind when considering the amount of your payment.
  • International Wire Transfer payments made will not show on your Payment Agreement. These payments will show on your Account Statement (MUGSI / My Student Accounts and Cashiers / Account Statement) once your payment has been received and processed by the Student Accounts office. It's good practice to view your Account Statement to make sure that your payment has been receive and applied toward your balance owing.
Old 08-31-2009 at 01:13 AM   #17
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiles View Post
I paid my bill directly through my bank (BMO) about a week ago, but the "balance forward" part of my PA hasn't changed. Is it supposed to be like that?
Me too, I made my payment about 4 business days ago, and still nothing :(. I'm hoping it'll show up by tomorrow or something !
Old 08-31-2009 at 02:54 AM   #18
nikki12

Liked: 0 Times

when is the last day to pay the fees?
Old 08-31-2009 at 04:04 AM   #19
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Liked: 60 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki12 View Post
Sept. 1 is the last day to pay without a late fee applied. After that I've heard it goes on for another one or two weeks. I'm assuming after that they will request you pay them. They cannot deny you an education if you are financially in need, unless you just don't want to go to school.

nikki12 says thanks to EasternHeat for this post.
Old 08-31-2009 at 04:18 AM   #20
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki12 View Post
It must be received at the office on Sept 1, if it isn't they chareg you a $35 late fee. Also, it depends on which payment plan you chose

nikki12 says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.
Old 08-31-2009 at 10:43 AM   #21
HaXoRZ

Liked: 4 Times

wait what if you pay using the online interac but come tomorrow the payment is still pending, do you still get assessed the late fee?
Old 08-31-2009 at 10:51 AM   #22
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaXoRZ View Post
wait what if you pay using the online interac but come tomorrow the payment is still pending, do you still get assessed the late fee?
I think payments received on September 1st don't get charged the late fee... I'm not sure though. But yes, even if you made the payment before the deadline the university doesn't get paid until they actually receive it. So they will charge the late fee if they receive it after September 1st.
Old 08-31-2009 at 12:12 PM   #23
Harlequin

Liked: 35 Times

I'm still waiting on my resp money so I haven't paid yet. >.<
So if I pay past Sept 1st but before October, I'll have to pay the $35 late fee plus 1.2% interest for one month? Or does the interest start adding after October?
Old 08-31-2009 at 12:26 PM   #24
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin90 View Post
I'm still waiting on my resp money so I haven't paid yet. >.<
So if I pay past Sept 1st but before October, I'll have to pay the $35 late fee plus 1.2% interest for one month? Or does the interest start adding after October?
Interest is charged at the end of every month.
Old 08-31-2009 at 12:29 PM   #25
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Liked: 60 Times

Hey do you know how long the OSAP pick up line would be today? Still big? :S