MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
payment agreement :( lolabb Financial Aid 3 08-31-2010 11:01 PM
Payment Agreement vp15 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-31-2010 10:55 PM
Payment Agreement help! Mfm12 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-12-2010 02:56 PM
OSAP and Payment Agreement - Payment Options Kathy2 Financial Aid 1 07-04-2010 12:53 PM
Payment agreement twitterbird General Discussion 6 08-18-2009 04:48 PM

Payment Agreement

Old 08-11-2008 at 08:04 PM   #136
Quester

Liked: 6 Times

quick question...were your osap updated again within the last few days?
and was the word 'issued' replaced with the word 'estimate' in your payment agreement?
Old 08-11-2008 at 08:33 PM   #137
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

I have a question about the form of payment. Does the check have to come from the student's bank account or can it comes from their parents' bank account?
Old 08-11-2008 at 08:40 PM   #138
Quester

oh, is it just mine or is the osap amount in payment agreement higher than what's listed in osap website?
Old 08-11-2008 at 08:49 PM   #139
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Higher? Definitively not.... Mine is about 60% of my full osap entitlement with the other 40% being released in January....

If anything, maybe your osap entitlement was changed as they are doing further reviews of your application. In that case you should probably try and update your payment agreement.
Old 08-11-2008 at 08:51 PM   #140
Nosferatu

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
I have a question about the form of payment. Does the check have to come from the student's bank account or can it comes from their parents' bank account?
It can come from their parents' bank account. Just make sure to write the student number on the front of the cheque.

jhan523 says thanks to Nosferatu for this post.
Old 08-12-2008 at 11:03 AM   #141
Quester

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Higher? Definitively not.... Mine is about 60% of my full osap entitlement with the other 40% being released in January....

If anything, maybe your osap entitlement was changed as they are doing further reviews of your application. In that case you should probably try and update your payment agreement.
i'm doing a full payment and there's a discrepancy b/w those two numbers by $200ish. i just updated my payment agreement yesterday b/c my osap entitlement changed once again.

you're doing full payment, right?
Old 08-12-2008 at 11:15 AM   #142
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Yes, I have the full payment.

Edit: Just wondering if OSAP e-mails you if the entitlement changes because I haven't been checking the website for changes.
Old 08-12-2008 at 11:57 AM   #143
Quester

I haven't received any emails from them. I just checked the website after I saw the updated OSAP amount in my payment agreement.
Old 08-12-2008 at 01:02 PM   #144
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Oh, ok. I'll make sure to keep checking.
Old 08-12-2008 at 02:57 PM   #145
cooketm
McMaster Employee

Hello All
Some more information

The OSAP amount that is used either "estimate" or "issued" is the amount we will ask to be remitted from your Loan Documents (note: calculated as 60% of your total entitilement). Even if all of the monies are to be directed to the University you still need to pick up and negotiate the loan in September. Be sure to check out the Student Financial Aid website for dates, time and required documentation http://sfas.mcmaster.ca/

If the OSAP amount is not enough to cover at least the first installment then a Balance Owing will show on your PA. This is the amount that is due by September 1st. The August 15th date is only for people using cheque payments to allow us enough processing time before September 1st. If you are using On-line payments you have until September 1st.

Hope this helps!

BTW...I think this is a great network and many thanks to Chad, Loren et all for your good advice....thanks, Theresa
Old 08-12-2008 at 03:44 PM   #146
**jewel 03**

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooketm View Post
Some more information

The OSAP amount that is used either "estimate" or "issued" is the amount we will ask to be remitted from your Loan Documents (note: calculated as 60% of your total entitilement). Even if all of the monies are to be directed to the University you still need to pick up and negotiate the loan in September. Be sure to check out the Student Financial Aid website for dates, time and required documentation http://sfas.mcmaster.ca/

If the OSAP amount is not enough to cover at least the first installment then a Balance Owing will show on your PA. This is the amount that is due by September 1st. The August 15th date is only for people using cheque payments to allow us enough processing time before September 1st. If you are using On-line payments you have until September 1st.

Hope this helps!

BTW...I think this is a great network and many thanks to Chad, Loren et all for your good advice....thanks, Theresa
Oh man now I am freaking out.. cooketm just posted that if you are paying by cheque you have to pay by Aug 15th. But I was told earlier that I could drop my cheque off the day I move in Aug 30th (as long as it is before Sept 1st). Now I am scared that I won't get my money in time, and the Student Cashiers is closed. Please help!!
Old 08-12-2008 at 03:49 PM   #147
cooketm
McMaster Employee

Don't worry anitaa I'm sure it will be OK...we just need the bulk in by Aug 15th. Have you looked into paying On-line?

Here is a link to our PDF for Payment Methods
http://www.mcmaster.ca/bms/student/p..._methods.p df

Thanks, Theresa

ayiri says thanks to cooketm for this post.
Old 08-12-2008 at 03:49 PM   #148
Alvand

Liked: 38 Times

If you're paying online, do you only have to click on 'confirm' on the payment agreement page, and that's all?
Old 08-12-2008 at 03:53 PM   #149
cooketm
McMaster Employee

After you have clicked confirm you will need to set-up the payment on Your banks website...please see the PDF link that I sent to anitaa

Thanks, Theresa
Old 08-12-2008 at 03:55 PM   #150
**jewel 03**

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooketm View Post
Don't worry anitaa I'm sure it will be OK...we just need the bulk in by Aug 15th. Have you looked into paying On-line?

Here is a link to our PDF for Payment Methods
http://www.mcmaster.ca/bms/student/p..._methods.p df

Thanks, Theresa
hey when I read the pdf you sent me (thanks) it says this :
Payment is due at the Student Accounts & Cashiers office no later than by September 1, 2008. If the payment is submitted earlier, it can be post-dated no later than September 1, 2008.

Does that mean I am still ok as long as I get the cheque to Gilmour Hall by Sept 1st?