MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Daily game Jul 14 : Stealing the Diamond Chad Daily Game 0 07-14-2011 04:14 AM
Dbac(8) jo87 Academics 3 12-14-2010 02:08 AM
thieves stealing... paperplanes Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 13 09-12-2010 09:55 PM
Stealing aya017 General Discussion 30 12-10-2009 09:08 AM
DBAC Summer Use J-Met General Discussion 4 07-13-2009 02:28 PM

People stealing in the DBAC change rooms

Old 02-29-2012 at 07:53 PM   #1
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

People stealing in the DBAC change rooms
So guys, I just want to warn you to be very careful when you're storing your stuff in the locker rooms located in DBAC.

I have rented (yes, paid $56 to rent a locker) and I've had my gym shoes and squash racket along with my friend's shoes stolen. Totalling to nearly $400 this is something that I can't keep quiet about.

It was between Monday (Feb 27) after 6:30 to Wednesday (Feb 29) 2:30. My locker is near the tall day lockers, and I found out today that my lock is no longer useful because it is jammed. My guess is that the lock was forced open, and as a result, the lock jammed (it can no longer be unlocked, locked, or have the little dial spin around). It kind of defeats the purpose of leaving your stuff in YOUR locker, if it's not going to be safe and/or compensation will not be granted.

If anyone has any information, it would be greatly appreciated.

I lost:
Green Reebok Runners
Michael Jordan (red/black)
Squash Racket

Everyone be careful, because you have thieves walking around the school, scoping out to steal your used, smelly gym gear. I've already contacted campus security, but there isn't much they can do about this.

Afzal, Desda, justinsftw, Malka, paperplanes, qwerty91, tamarakucera, terrafirma, Zachary, _Luu_, ~*Sara*~ all say thanks to Cliu91 for this post.
Old 02-29-2012 at 08:02 PM   #2
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Sorry for your loss Colin. It's unfortunate we got people stealing here ._. Were there any security cameras in the area where you lost it?
Old 02-29-2012 at 08:03 PM   #3
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by herBs View Post
Sorry for your loss Colin. It's unfortunate we got people stealing here ._. Were there any security cameras in the area where you lost it?
You can't have security cameras in the change rooms, i think that is illegal, LOL.
There is one outside, but, the campus security pretty much said it was a slim chance and they weren't going to investigate further without witnesses =.=
Old 02-29-2012 at 08:13 PM   #4
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliu91 View Post
So guys, I just want to warn you to be very careful when you're storing your stuff in the locker rooms located in DBAC.

I have rented (yes, paid $56 to rent a locker) and I've had my gym shoes and squash racket along with my friend's shoes stolen. Totalling to nearly $400 this is something that I can't keep quiet about.

It was between Monday (Feb 27) after 6:30 to Wednesday (Feb 29) 2:30. My locker is near the tall day lockers, and I found out today that my lock is no longer useful because it is jammed. My guess is that the lock was forced open, and as a result, the lock jammed (it can no longer be unlocked, locked, or have the little dial spin around). It kind of defeats the purpose of leaving your stuff in YOUR locker, if it's not going to be safe and/or compensation will not be granted.

If anyone has any information, it would be greatly appreciated.

I lost:
Green Reebok Runners
Michael Jordan (red/black)
Squash Racket

Everyone be careful, because you have thieves walking around the school, scoping out to steal your used, smelly gym gear. I've already contacted campus security, but there isn't much they can do about this.
I feel bad for you, man. Maybe next time, you can save money by renting out a locker in the basement of the Arts Quad (i.e. KTH, CNH, TSH)? It's $35 for the year, I think, and it's pretty close enough to DBAC. You could keep your stuff there, and just take it from DBAC and back.

Cliu91 likes this.
Old 02-29-2012 at 09:18 PM   #5
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliu91 View Post
You can't have security cameras in the change rooms, i think that is illegal, LOL.
There is one outside, but, the campus security pretty much said it was a slim chance and they weren't going to investigate further without witnesses =.=
That part must've skipped past by mind, xD.
Old 02-29-2012 at 09:22 PM   #6
pinkpiggydoe

Liked: 14 Times

if there is a camera outside (hopefully its in colour), can't you ask to look at the footage for someone walking out with rackets near the time they were stolen? i assume they're hard to hide...
good luck
Old 02-29-2012 at 09:28 PM   #7
Dave12

Liked: 6 Times

happened to a friend of mine too, his wallet with all his ID and a credit card or two, and his iphone were stolen. Same situation too, rents a locker and his lock was forced opened. Happened the friday right before reading week/
Old 02-29-2012 at 11:50 PM   #8
lolabb

Liked: 0 Times

this might seem like a silly question but do they rotate locks on the lockers?
Old 03-01-2012 at 12:07 AM   #9
qwerty91
Elite Member

Liked: 173 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsftw View Post
I feel bad for you, man. Maybe next time, you can save money by renting out a locker in the basement of the Arts Quad (i.e. KTH, CNH, TSH)? It's $35 for the year, I think, and it's pretty close enough to DBAC. You could keep your stuff there, and just take it from DBAC and back.
Thats a great idea if you cant get locker in DBAC but if you shower then it could be a problem/annoyance
Old 03-01-2012 at 07:38 AM   #10
3am Coffee

Liked: 155 Times

that sucks bro, im pretty sure someone stole my gym shirt.

people at mcmaster are really weird.

Cliu91, Snowman like this.
Old 03-01-2012 at 05:18 PM   #11
CrashPlague
Gravity is Just a Theory

Liked: 33 Times

It's hard to realize that such delinquents are running around campus.... I'm sorry man, it sucks to have stuff stolen from you.

Cliu91 likes this.
Old 03-01-2012 at 06:26 PM   #12
spiketown

Liked: 5 Times

They're climbing through your windows, snatchin your people up, tryna rape 'em, so ya'll need to hide yo kids, hide yo wife.... and hide your husband cuz they rapin' erboddy out hurr.

Old 03-01-2012 at 09:34 PM   #13
nomchock

Liked: 31 Times

i dont understand why they dont put huge cctv camera's in front of the locker room entrance and exit, and like right outside any bathrooms and shit

people leave laptops, expensive shoes, phones, keys, wallets, hundreds of dollars of books/IP in lockers and they can't have the common courtesy of doing the bare minimum to protect it?

Afzal, terrafirma like this.
Old 03-01-2012 at 09:48 PM   #14
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomchock View Post
i dont understand why they dont put huge cctv camera's in front of the locker room entrance and exit, and like right outside any bathrooms and shit

people leave laptops, expensive shoes, phones, keys, wallets, hundreds of dollars of books/IP in lockers and they can't have the common courtesy of doing the bare minimum to protect it?
People shouldn't be stupid and bring expensive items to a gym...
Old 03-01-2012 at 09:53 PM   #15
joannet

Liked: 2 Times

People also can't bring all their stuff back home and then come back for the gym, that kinda defeats the purpose of lockers.