MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Daily game Jul 14 : Stealing the Diamond Chad Daily Game 0 07-14-2011 04:14 AM
Dbac(8) jo87 Academics 3 12-14-2010 02:08 AM
thieves stealing... paperplanes Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 13 09-12-2010 09:55 PM
Stealing aya017 General Discussion 30 12-10-2009 09:08 AM
DBAC Summer Use J-Met General Discussion 4 07-13-2009 02:28 PM

People stealing in the DBAC change rooms

Old 03-01-2012 at 09:54 PM   #16
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by joannet View Post
People also can't bring all their stuff back home and then come back for the gym, that kinda defeats the purpose of lockers.
Yeah, that makes sense, I guess...

I loaned my locker to somebody last semester, find a friend with a locker and lockerpool...?
Old 03-02-2012 at 12:01 AM   #17
arathbon
Elite Member

Liked: 307 Times

I have no choice but to leave my stuff at the gym, my commute is over an hour and I can't just go home and come back every time I want to use the gym. What's the point of having locks if people are going to force them open? How does this even happened? Does no one notice?
Old 03-02-2012 at 07:42 AM   #18
nomchock

Liked: 31 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
People shouldn't be stupid and bring expensive items to a gym...
dumbest logic i've ever heard. what about the people who go to mac in the morning and stay all day? are these people, myself included, supposed to not bring their required materials to school because some degenerates can't stop stealing from ****ing students?

i can't help that i have a laptop in my bag and i can't put it anywhere, nor can other people help to bring their wallets and leave it in their lockers. its not my fault i have things that are worth money and people want to steal shit

there should be a bare minimum that the university does to prevent theft from happening. they manage to patrol parking all day long, but can't install a few cameras, yarite
Old 03-02-2012 at 11:42 AM   #19
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomchock View Post
there should be a bare minimum that the university does to prevent theft from happening. they manage to patrol parking all day long, but can't install a few cameras, yarite
Well they wouldnt be allowed to install cameras IN the changeroom since i doubt that would ever be approved (if it was legal, im not sure) but they could install them outside the changerooms at that little crossection between the guys and the girls. that way they would have some chance of identifying who did it if the time range is small enough
Old 03-02-2012 at 12:59 PM   #20
Reno V

Liked: 38 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomchock View Post
dumbest logic i've ever heard. what about the people who go to mac in the morning and stay all day? are these people, myself included, supposed to not bring their required materials to school because some degenerates can't stop stealing from ****ing students?

i can't help that i have a laptop in my bag and i can't put it anywhere, nor can other people help to bring their wallets and leave it in their lockers. its not my fault i have things that are worth money and people want to steal shit

You can't install cameras in change rooms.

Whenever I go to the gym, I lock my stuff in the lockers in the front of the change room with the most traffic, and I usually go when the gym is most populated.

Deters thievery with witnesses around.

That being said, leaving valuable stuff in your locker overnight, let alone two nights in a row, is incredibly stupid.

Frankly if you're in the situation where you know you're leaving valuable stuff in your locker on a consistent basis, you should lock it in lockers with cameras, i.e. the lockers in the arts quad.

RyanC likes this.
Old 03-02-2012 at 01:07 PM   #21
Reno V

Liked: 38 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan H. View Post
Well they wouldnt be allowed to install cameras IN the changeroom since i doubt that would ever be approved (if it was legal, im not sure) but they could install them outside the changerooms at that little crossection between the guys and the girls. that way they would have some chance of identifying who did it if the time range is small enough
Identifying someone like that is practically impossible. As for small time range, the average length of time spent at the gym is an hour I would say. A LOT of people go through those doors.

Manpower is better spent on other activities. I don't want my tuition money going towards helping people who are comfortable with leaving hundreds of dollars worth of items in unguarded lockers for days on end and get stolen from and then whine about it.

Of course stealing is wrong. When I was 10 or 12, someone stole my Pokemon Yellow and Nintendo Gameboy from the coat in my jacket in my locker. Broke my little preteen heart.
Old 03-02-2012 at 04:37 PM   #22
terrafirma

Liked: 48 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno V View Post
I don't want my tuition money going towards helping people who are comfortable with leaving hundreds of dollars worth of items in unguarded lockers for days on end and get stolen from and then whine about it.[/url]
Why would you blame the victim and not the perpetuator? What is the purpose of having lockers available for rent then, if the expectation is that your stuff will get stolen? It's not "incredibly stupid" to keep stuff in a locker that you paid for.

Your implication that they are 'asking for it' reminds me of the women being blamed for their rapes just because of that they wear. Because, oh you know, they should have expected it.
Old 03-02-2012 at 06:10 PM   #23
ybur

Liked: 0 Times

I have to say I am somewhat shocked this happened. Often times when I go to the gym and try to grab a day locker numerous people leave stuff in them without locking them! In those cases I can see things being stolen, but for someone to force a lock and take your stuff, well that makes me feel pretty uneasy.