Homeless People jordko General Discussion 29 10-15-2009 10:42 PM

People You Miss

Old 07-21-2009 at 11:30 AM   #16
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa47 View Post
Giant sea Turtles at the beach back home!
Cool! I remember back home in Mauritius, they have giant tortoise. Those are so cool! I used to ride on them when I was smaller XD
Old 07-21-2009 at 12:24 PM   #17
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nino View Post
My buddies from high school...
so true, I miss mine too
Old 07-21-2009 at 04:54 PM   #18
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Aww. This thread is so sad :(
Old 07-24-2009 at 12:47 AM   #19
fullsmash26
Reporter, Macleans

Liked: 15 Times

My best friend
I miss my best friend. It's been over a week since we last went for dinner another two before we do again.

I miss her now because I'm drinking the tea she bought me a few months ago and wearing the night coat she purchased me in April when my ex-girlfriend was refusing to return my stuff. Not only that, the night coat is my favourite colour.

The best part about my friend, she knows me better than I know myself
Old 07-24-2009 at 02:16 AM   #20
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

I know it's not a person, but sometimes when my life gets especially hectic, I miss being an elementary school kid, and just how simply life really was back then.

janeller, ~*Sara*~ like this.
Old 07-24-2009 at 02:22 AM   #21
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Aww. This thread is so sad :(
;_; It really is. But it's nice to have someone that you miss, because chances are they miss you too and that just means you're special to each other in some way.
Old 07-24-2009 at 02:28 AM   #22
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

I've been kind of glum recently...feeling the effects of time passing me by. (I swear I'm having a midlife crisis...I'm too young for that!) This'll be the perfect thread for me to vent a little bit.

I miss the days when I could really connect with the media. Some of those 'cult classic' TV shows that were huge when I was a teen, like the whole Buffy the Vampire Slayer craze, or X-Files! I wiki'd some of the actors the other day and I'm horribly depressed that many of them can't find work, or have 'unofficially' retired from acting to persue other things. ):

The good old days of NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, N64, PSX...I started to outgrow them slightly by the Gamecube / PS2 / XBox generation, it seems as if I'm just not the target audience anymore. Whatever happened to the RPG Genre? It feels like such a sell-out. ):

I miss my highschool friends, who have grown quite different from me...most of whom did actually attend McMaster for various things. Back in highschool I could have had any number of discussions with a variety of friends from different backgrounds/opinions, and nowadays I just can't...most of my friends have gone the humanities route, so they validate their arguments using qualitative sources (which I'm not knocking here), but I'm a math guy so straight logic, axioms, rules of inference, that kinda thing, are my idea of a proof. I'm just growing incompatible with many of them, even though we've had some amazing times. ):

I miss a few of my friends who went to teach overseas...in particular, one whom I have not been able to contact. I hope she is in good health. ):

I miss my one friend from Kinesiology, haha. (What a cliquey faculty!) She was (just about) the only other person, besides me, who did not play a Varsity Sport. She's going off to to PT in London, so I won't get to see her very much. And she owes me lunch! xD

I miss having sessions with the Mac Break Club...everyone's on hiatus during the summer, and no one's in Hamilton to practice. ):

On a related note, I miss my brother (who is not literally my brother, but 'best friend' wouldn't do it justice) who is doing his co-op in Oshawa. We never get to just chill out anymore, and he's getting all stressed out and distant. (I gotta kick his ass a little bit haha) ):

I miss my long-time girlfriend, even though I just saw her earlier today. (:

And I miss my father, who passed away in 2004. It was tough to graduate without having him there. ):

Last edited by Mowicz : 07-24-2009 at 02:35 AM.
Old 07-24-2009 at 02:28 AM   #23
fullsmash26
Reporter, Macleans

Liked: 15 Times

Summer Day Camp
I spent 11 years at the same summer day camp.

I was allowed to attend at age 4 and remember the first day (Monday) ended with a major thunderstorm. (A thunderstorm that I remember vividly because it resulted in my fear of lightning that I only overcame with the help of a shrink and lots of time)

The following year, when I was age 5, I remember a Thunderstorm occurring on the Tuesday.

At age 6, there was one in the first week on Wednesday.

I was convinced there would be a TStorm the following year on Thursday. I remember being disillusioned when the skies remained clear that day.

lol
Old 07-24-2009 at 10:35 AM   #24
janeller

Liked: 3 Times

I miss my 12 best friends of 17 years (which makes them family, pretty much.)
I miss my friend who passed away.
I miss Peanut Butter Delites from Dairy Delite.
I miss my cat named Tazz who had to be put down when I was in first year.
I miss when summer was summer and not a "4 months to make as much money as possible"
I miss the Magic Schoolbus
:-)