Haha, yeah!
My bad, lol. I'm too tired >.<
NIGHT, EVERYONE
Old 11-10-2009 at 12:44 PM   #258
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Accents! Let's pick on the British!

I agree with most of it... except when people say "carmel" instead of caramel. I say carmel. It's the GTA accent (at least, I think it is, every native I've talked to had said it that way), blending/slurring the middle like that - basically the opposite of British, where they stress it (think Br-IT-ain)...though I say "Britiain" like the british do, have no idea where I picked that one up.

But there are other pronounciations that bug me...to continue picking on the British: they way they say schedule (Trekkies, think Picard). It drives me crazy (and, to tell you the truth, is the reason why Kirk>Picard in my book, even though I love the rest of his accent).

And I like how they say aluminium, which is a similar case to caramel, where the middle is dropped in Canada.

Last edited by britb : 11-10-2009 at 12:46 PM.
Old 11-10-2009 at 12:46 PM   #259
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by britb View Post
(and, to tell you the truth, is the reason why Kirk>Picard in my book, even though I love the rest of his accent).
LOL choosing one over the other based on how one says a word? Whatever floats your boat I guess :p
Old 11-10-2009 at 03:12 PM   #260
Rossclot

Liked: 137 Times

People who smoke and then walk straight back in. You smell. Please go away. All it takes is putting out your smoke and wandering around for a minute or two. Maybe go and wash your hands/face in the bathroom. The smell dissipates quickly enough, just please think of others.

It should be common place in our society that if someone sits beside you and smells bad enough to make you throw up, that throwing up on them is seen as acceptable rebuttal to their odor.

Shower, brush your teeth. Everyone will thank you.

You wont make any friends by stinking.

Kathy2 likes this.
Old 11-10-2009 at 03:21 PM   #261
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

I hate when my pencil eyeliner gets down to the wood and needs to be sharpened, but I don't have a sharpener.. then I try to put it on anyway and it hurts like a b!tch.

lawleypop, Maegs like this.
Old 11-10-2009 at 03:21 PM   #262
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Hey, it's a hard choice, I had to pick a side. I had a chart going once, but then realized how sad that was and got rid of it.
Old 11-10-2009 at 04:13 PM   #263
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
(Trekkies, think Picard). It drives me crazy (and, to tell you the truth, is the reason why Kirk>Picard in my book, even though I love the rest of his accent)
Trekkies are on of my pet peeves
Old 11-10-2009 at 04:22 PM   #264
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

-gasp- Are you a Star Wars fan? -overpowering temptating to make some sort of reference-

(I actually don't mind Star Wars, but it's not as good - never really got into any of the characters, 'cept Darth and Han)
Old 11-10-2009 at 04:25 PM   #265
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
-gasp- Are you a Star Wars fan? -overpowering temptating to make some sort of reference-

(I actually don't mind Star Wars, but it's not as good - never really got into any of the characters, 'cept Darth and Han)
100% Star Wars since '81.
Old 11-10-2009 at 04:57 PM   #266
Taunton
Elite Member

I love both Star Wars and Star Trek, although I admit I enjoy Star Wars slightly more.
Old 11-10-2009 at 05:16 PM   #267
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

-facepalm- I've never met a trekkie (can you believe that?!) face to face.

I'm guessing there isn't a club, is there? (Kinda hard, when you commute from your mom's basement...lol. Bah, I'll just watch Khan in Thode or something...)
Old 11-10-2009 at 05:21 PM   #268
Taunton
Elite Member

Quote:
-facepalm- I've never met a trekkie (can you believe that?!) face to face.

I'm guessing there isn't a club, is there? (Kinda hard, when you commute from your mom's basement...lol. Bah, I'll just watch Khan in Thode or something...)
I don't think there is a club... lol imagine having a Star Trek club... the general meetings would be like conventions, with everyone dressed up and speaking Klingon
Old 11-10-2009 at 06:13 PM   #269
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
I don't think there is a club... lol imagine having a Star Trek club... the general meetings would be like conventions, with everyone dressed up and speaking Klingon
dammit Ben. You know what they're gonna next year now right? :p

Taunton likes this.
Old 11-10-2009 at 06:36 PM   #270
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

It would be so awesome.

LOL, imagine all the engineering jokes that would come outta there, with engineers wearing red shirts and all. (Am I the only one who thought of that when I saw an engineer the first time?)

Maegs, Taunton like this.