MacInsiders Logo
Old 10-15-2009 at 09:15 PM   #106
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

Garbage and gum hate too.

I don't encounter a lot of gum thankfully but that could be b/c almost all my classes are in TSH 201 and its a small room with like just nice chairs with those desk thingys on them and people don't stick gum around the room. Maybe Multimedia students just aren't gross, lol.

There's garbage cans all over campus, I really don't get people who leave their trash on the floor. Like really bring the garbage with you when class is over.
Old 10-15-2009 at 09:22 PM   #107
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

I sit at the end because I don't want to get stuck between people. I always move really quick when I notice someone eyeing the row, and I don't get annoyed when a bunch of people do it, since I DID bring it upon myself.

Oh, I have another one. I hate it when people ask questions during a lecture most of the time. Just let the prof get what s/he wants to get done and THEN ask your question. Don't interupt a hundred people because YOU don't get something. I find it really inconsiderite when people stop the whole lecture for themselves, especially when the question can be answered by a textbook or a neighbour. Some girl did it in my last math class and when spent 15 minutes explaining some really basic exponent laws.

Another one; I hate it when people clog the halls waiting to get into their lecture room. Case and point; BSB 147. There is more than one entrance, y'know, and there's no point waiting at the door, since the people have to come out first anyway.
Old 10-15-2009 at 10:33 PM   #108
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by britb View Post
Another one; I hate it when people clog the halls waiting to get into their lecture room. Case and point; BSB 147. There is more than one entrance, y'know, and there's no point waiting at the door, since the people have to come out first anyway.
I'm so happy I don't have class in that room this year. I hope I never have class in that room ever.

Maegs likes this.
Old 10-15-2009 at 10:36 PM   #109
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

It's a nice hall, if you get past the idiots standing outside it. I have it for like half my classes.
Old 10-16-2009 at 12:35 AM   #110
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
It's a nice hall, if you get past the idiots standing outside it. I have it for like half my classes.
I don't really like the hall, the back rows are pretty much useless. Also, are the fans on the right wall still making noise?
Old 10-16-2009 at 01:23 AM   #111
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Honestly, all lecture halls should be built like the MDCL 13xx and the 11xxs. They are AWESOME.

There is no reason to not like them.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 10-16-2009 at 09:48 AM   #112
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
I sit at the end because I don't want to get stuck between people. I always move really quick when I notice someone eyeing the row, and I don't get annoyed when a bunch of people do it, since I DID bring it upon myself.
I get super frustrated with everything people have mentioned on this point... I hate being stuck in an aisle behind slow people, and I hate having to move for people who want to get past me.

Solution? I almost always sit in the front row when I'm in a lecture hall, and I walk really fast to make sure I can get one of those seats.
Old 10-16-2009 at 02:04 PM   #113
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

I hate when people are walking towards me on the sidewalk three or four in a row. Then as I approach as close to the edge as possible, they don't move and I'm forced onto the grass or road.
So ignorant.

Whenever I'm with someone else, no matter how many people I'm with and no matter how many people are walking towards me, I ALWAYS step behind my friends so others can pass by.

sinsintome, Taunton like this.
Old 10-16-2009 at 04:10 PM   #114
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
I hate when people are walking towards me on the sidewalk three or four in a row. Then as I approach as close to the edge as possible, they don't move and I'm forced onto the grass or road.
So ignorant.

Whenever I'm with someone else, no matter how many people I'm with and no matter how many people are walking towards me, I ALWAYS step behind my friends so others can pass by.
Just push your way through them.

Then again, I step on the backs of people's heels if they're walking like turtles.
Old 10-16-2009 at 04:26 PM   #115
rrtt
Elite Member

Liked: 56 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Just push your way through them.

Then again, I step on the backs of people's heels if they're walking like turtles.
Gosh, I would hate to be walking in front of you! haha just kidding. I am a pretty fast walker so I think my heels would be safe

You could always just say "excuse me." In my experience, unless there is a huge group, it always works.
Old 10-16-2009 at 04:30 PM   #116
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

I only do it if people are being ridiculously slow (i.e. chatting and texting/blocking stairs, etc). Normally I just dart around people.
Old 10-16-2009 at 04:31 PM   #117
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I only do it if people are being ridiculously slow (i.e. chatting and texting/blocking stairs, etc). Normally I just dart around people.
I may be 4"11 but if you ever step on my heels I'll kick your butt. ;D

People like me can't help it, haha.

Old 10-16-2009 at 04:43 PM   #118
rrtt
Elite Member

Liked: 56 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
I may be 4"11 but if you ever step on my heels I'll kick your butt. ;D

People like me can't help it, haha.
haha that totally makes sense! I am really tall (5'9), so I have pretty long legs and I can take really big steps. Hence, I am usually a fast walker. If I was shorter (and therefore had shorter legs and smaller steps), I would probably be a lot slower!
Old 10-16-2009 at 04:46 PM   #119
tungo89
Club G.R.O.S.S.

Liked: 46 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
So we all have them, yet we don't think about them or remember until they come up eventually.

So here are mine.
1- Why do GO bus drivers let people on when there are no more seats left?! Do they really think it's normal for someone to stay standing for 1.5 hours (Hamilton to Union, for eg.) in that tiny aisle?!
2- Why on earth do people save seats for their friends who are "going to" come on at a bus stop that the bus is goign to reach LATER. While other people who have paid remain standing in the aisle. And this has happened everytime I take the Go Bus to go home..
Next time, I'm making sure I either sit down, wait for the next bus, maybe even cancel the trip home.
There is probably nothing in the world that pisses me off more than people taking up seats with their bags. If you have 10 bags, fine. But your knapsack needs to have a seat?

I don't let people get away with it now. I gave one guy hell at Union, he refused to move it. I considered sitting on it, but then I'm at fault. I got the driver to make him move it. He got so pissed off the driver kicked him out. I proceeded to take his chair and a seat for my bag (I was last one getting on the bus).

Don't be afraid to speak up!

lawleypop, Taunton like this.
Old 10-16-2009 at 04:47 PM   #120
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtt View Post
haha that totally makes sense! I am really tall (5'9), so I have pretty long legs and I can take really big steps. Hence, I am usually a fast walker. If I was shorter (and therefore had shorter legs and smaller steps), I would probably be a lot slower!
Yah, seriously, I'm definitely the slowest walker ever.

Plus, I'm never in a rush. =P