MacInsiders Logo
Old 10-17-2009 at 11:51 PM   #151
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by marieeeeeee View Post
Me too!!! I was sitting in lecture and this girl sitting next to me had the most *my nose hurts my allergies are acting up* smell....some people (like me) have allergies and heavy perfume makes it worse. :( Oh and people who smell...and they have body odor...doesn't take much to clean up no?
Oh, even worst than that: People who don't shower, and then try to use Axe/Perfume to cover it up. So you get a mix of flowers/musk and BO. *voms
Old 10-18-2009 at 12:24 AM   #152
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

That's the worse, people who don't shower. Do they honestly think some cheap Axe will fix it? New flash: smell isn't the only thing that looks like crap. We can all tell your hair is bedhead, even guys with really short hair (I can tell so easily, it's not even funny)...probably because I have long, wavy hair, so I pay attention to it, since it takes me forever to comb it and stuff.

Yes, that's why i wear contacts as much as possible. I think I see better with them on too, probably because they are actually on the eye, instead of infront of it. I'm out now though, so I have to put up with my lens.

Oh! Dirty lens! Drives me crazy like you wouldn't believe. I can't even use like a piece of paper towel to clean them, I need Windex. I hate it when there's dirt or something oily on them and you get like cloudy marks all over it, which makes trafic lights and things streak. I hate it soooooo much.

Another one: how cough medicines are favoured. They all still taste absolutely horrible - stop lying with those pretty pictures of fruit in the corner. Can we please try a new flavouring strategy? What's the point of making me pay for flavour additives if they aren't working right? I'm sure people would use them more it they didn't vomit everytime they took their medicine.

There was ONE medicine that tasted okay, and it was a prescription I got when I was really small for an infection. Banana. It had the pretties colour too. I remember 'cause it was like a landmark moment; they don't HAVE to taste bad, they just do.
Old 10-18-2009 at 12:36 AM   #153
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

When my face.....hurts....as though tiny little lephracauns are trying to escape from my sinuses and I have to take nasal sprays on the GO Bus because it is the only decongestant that works (as the antibiotics and Advils no longer do...)

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 10-18-2009 at 10:21 AM   #154
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Speaking of perfume.

Last time I checked, I'm not allergic to anything.

But I can't sit anywhere near the first 3 rows in accounting class b/c I actually get a sneezing fit from the professor's cologne. >_<

If that's what allergies are like, **** that. I feel bad for you guys that do have them. It's like someone is tickling my nose the ENTIRE time. It's almost painful, lol.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 10-18-2009 at 10:23 AM   #155
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by britb View Post
That's the worse, people who don't shower. Do they honestly think some cheap Axe will fix it? New flash: smell isn't the only thing that looks like crap. We can all tell your hair is bedhead, even guys with really short hair (I can tell so easily, it's not even funny)...probably because I have long, wavy hair, so I pay attention to it, since it takes me forever to comb it and stuff.

Yes, that's why i wear contacts as much as possible. I think I see better with them on too, probably because they are actually on the eye, instead of infront of it. I'm out now though, so I have to put up with my lens.

Oh! Dirty lens! Drives me crazy like you wouldn't believe. I can't even use like a piece of paper towel to clean them, I need Windex. I hate it when there's dirt or something oily on them and you get like cloudy marks all over it, which makes trafic lights and things streak. I hate it soooooo much.

Another one: how cough medicines are favoured. They all still taste absolutely horrible - stop lying with those pretty pictures of fruit in the corner. Can we please try a new flavouring strategy? What's the point of making me pay for flavour additives if they aren't working right? I'm sure people would use them more it they didn't vomit everytime they took their medicine.

There was ONE medicine that tasted okay, and it was a prescription I got when I was really small for an infection. Banana. It had the pretties colour too. I remember 'cause it was like a landmark moment; they don't HAVE to taste bad, they just do.
What's wrong with bedhead? Even I don't brush my hair in the morning if I'm just putting it up in a ponytail/clip. Lol. o_o

I also think the "I just woke up" look is kinda cute. Lol.

Old 10-18-2009 at 01:20 PM   #156
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by britb View Post
We can all tell your hair is bedhead
I really don't care if I have bedhead. I shower at night, rather than in the morning and sometimes I have AWESOMELY HILARIOUS bedhead. I never care about how it looks, but when I have really crazy bedhead, it makes me extra happy just because of how comedic it is!

Some of my biggest pet peeves are related to driving:

- people who drive slower than the speed limit (when the conditions are perfectly fine).
- people who don't accelerate when they're on the on-ramp for a highway (you should be going at least 100km/h when you move into the right lane. Ideally you should be moving as fast as the rest of the traffic).
- People who drive 100km/h on the highway, even though traffic in general is going faster. When you're driving at a significantly different speed than everyone else you are a dangerous impedence to traffic. That means going faster OR slower than everyone else.
- People who don't move over to let you on the highway, even though there's tons of room in the lane next to them
- people who don't signal when they're supposed to. That includes before changing lanes and before making turns. Signaling as you turn doesn't count.
- people who stop at stop lights like 10+ feet back from the stop line. <- this is something that people do in hamilton all the time and nowhere else! I don't get it... the stop line is there for a reason! It allows more cars to fit!

I drive over 500km per day on the weekends for my Orkin job, and I deal with idiot drivers all the time. It's scary how bad people are at driving.

Last edited by Taunton : 10-18-2009 at 01:25 PM.

xo.monica, ~*Sara*~ like this.
Old 10-18-2009 at 01:55 PM   #157
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

They actually teach people that "stop before getting to the white lines" tactic in driving school to avoid being rear-ended into the intersection.

Still kinda stupid though.

And highway merging it totally meant to be done at 180km/h

My one pet peeve of driving is when I'm in the passing lane, and people going slower than me don't get out of my way and instead just sit there forcing me to slow down and cruise behind them.

Maegs, Taunton like this.
Old 10-18-2009 at 02:50 PM   #158
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTGregD View Post
They actually teach people that "stop before getting to the white lines" tactic in driving school to avoid being rear-ended into the intersection.
At least it's an explanation that makes some sense, not that I agree/disagree with it... this particular pet peeve is more of an annoyance than an actual problem or issue.
Old 10-18-2009 at 03:49 PM   #159
Joseph

Liked: 132 Times

I’m also a commuter from Brampton, and I couldn’t agree with you guys more, Bushra and Stefanie, with all the GO Bus problems!

Old 10-18-2009 at 07:24 PM   #160
Flag

Liked: 35 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTGregD View Post

Still kinda stupid though.

And highway merging it totally meant to be done at 180km/h

My one pet peeve of driving is when I'm in the passing lane, and people going slower than me don't get out of my way and instead just sit there forcing me to slow down and cruise behind them.

Ahh passing lanes.

Terrible when you're CLEARLY making a move, and then someone crosses across infront of you that's going slower than you.

Or when you're passing and the person you're trying to pass speeds up. Geez.
Old 10-19-2009 at 12:03 AM   #161
kenneth526
Elite Member

Liked: 41 Times

A few years back, people on the something awful forum had the clever idea of MS Painting their University pet peeves, and a lot of them are hilariously relevant. Enjoy:
http://www.somethingawful.co m/d/co...t-your-pet.php

jade177, TTHX like this.
Old 10-19-2009 at 12:35 AM   #162
pinkpiggydoe

Liked: 14 Times

i also hate it when people smoke at the drive thru window.. its like.. you can not worry about ur health but think about other people ... the smoke doesnt go away even after the car has left

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
Just came back from a shift at McD's... SO many McD's related pet peeves:

-customers who don't ask for condiments at the drive-thru speaker, and then ask for them at the window
-customers who add to their order at the window, or otherwise change their order at the window
-customers who stop talking in-between each and every item so I have to say "is that everything?" or "anything else?" a billion times
-customers who talk really quietly at the speaker, or customers who order from the passenger side of the car... both of which causes me to have a hard time hearing the order, and then they get mad when I have to ask them to repeat themselves

That's it for now... I have other, non-McD's related pet peeves, but this was a great way to vent after a long shift!
Old 10-19-2009 at 10:41 AM   #163
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 473 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpiggydoe View Post
i also hate it when people smoke at the drive thru window.. its like.. you can not worry about ur health but think about other people ... the smoke doesnt go away even after the car has left
This should be illegal. Its not only inconsiderate to other people but smoking in restaurants is illegal therefore smoking in your car and getting inside the resturant at a drive through window would be illegal. Your smoke is going inside the restaurant, not allowed.
Old 10-19-2009 at 10:50 AM   #164
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

I'm not quite sure what people mean by this smoking thing.

If it "stays in the air," then smoking outside should be illegal too. I mean, are there people blowing their smoke out as soon as you open the window to hand them their food? o_O

Old 10-19-2009 at 11:10 AM   #165
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 473 Times

I wish smoking on campus was illegal. People never seem to obey those X feet away from the building signs.

Also when I'm walking to class behind you in a busy period with lots of people around and I can't easily move out from behind you I'd appreciate it if you didn't light up and allow your nasty smoke to invade my air and corrupt my lungs.

I know its outside but people are so inconsiderate. Campus is huge, I'm sure you could find somewhere to smoke that doesn't infringe upon the health of other people.

pinkpiggydoe likes this.