MacInsiders Logo
Old 10-19-2009 at 11:12 AM   #166
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

I never said I disagreed with the statement, I just don't understand the complaint.

If you're complaining about the smoke staying in the drive thru area and other people having to smell/inhale it, then one should apply that logic/complaint to all other outside areas.

But you know, that would "infringe on someone's right to smoke" and that would just be terrible.

-insert eyeroll here-

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 10-25-2009 at 01:30 PM   #167
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

First years who don't have their facts right.
Such as all the people who on Thursday and Friday kept spreading unnecessary panic about the Psych quiz being inaccessible because "ELM would be shut down".
No, it says the "3rd Friday of every month" and it leads to a link that gives you the scheduled maintenance dates.
It's really annoying. Everybody makes mistakes but do try checking the information before repeating it to somebody else who then repeats it again etc etc.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

lawleypop likes this.
Old 10-25-2009 at 02:38 PM   #168
MDCL

Liked: 29 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews.inc View Post
Everybody makes mistakes but do try checking the information before repeating it to somebody else who then repeats it again etc etc.
Are you telling me there's someone out there who posted something without checking it out first? I'm shocked.

Seriously though...there's a relationship out there...the degree to which you should n-check an online source is directly related to the impact the source's info will have on you.

Would you trust a random post who said that if you're not standing on the big white 'X' outside Mills at 5:36 pm today you will receive all the accumulated STDs from first year commerce students?
Old 10-25-2009 at 02:40 PM   #169
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Bad drivers.
The pedestrian sign was clearly there, and some stupid driver decides to speed up and make a left turn, barely a foot away from where I'm standing. Didn't know there's a new rule about pedestrians stopping for cars =/?
Old 10-25-2009 at 05:06 PM   #170
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDCL View Post
Are you telling me there's someone out there who posted something without checking it out first? I'm shocked.
That, is super.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 10-25-2009 at 06:09 PM   #171
manu
jack

Liked: 75 Times

i hate it when i touch a door handle and it is wet...eww...
Old 10-25-2009 at 06:12 PM   #172
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 361 Times

My in ear headphones having static in winters/late fall that periodically shocks the obviously sensitive ear repeatedly :S

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 10-25-2009 at 06:12 PM   #173
marieeeeeee

Liked: 26 Times

People who cough or sneeze without covering their mouths.....it IS flu season AND midterm season...it's hard to be sick. :|
Old 10-25-2009 at 07:17 PM   #174
manu
jack

a few more:

-i don't like how ink is so expensive
-i hate it when people say "that's so gay" it is offensive and rude!
Old 10-25-2009 at 07:21 PM   #175
marieeeeeee

Liked: 26 Times

I forgot some more...

People who step on seats in lecture halls to go down a row and people who put their feet on top of the seat in front of them.....I'm not a germophobe but shoes are dirty... :|
Old 10-25-2009 at 07:22 PM   #176
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu View Post
a few more:

-i hate it when people say "that's so gay" it is offensive and rude!
I don't like it either, but I'd have to say that the only people I've heard using that phrase are the younger high school kids who I work with at McDonald's (who obviously aren't matured yet)... maybe it's the crowd I hang out with, but I really never hear that phrase used much around here at all.
Old 10-25-2009 at 07:49 PM   #177
manu
jack

I have a bunch of immature guys on my floor who I heard more than once say "that's so gay" or something along the lines of that. And to make matters worse, my CA was talking to a bunch of people in the hallway outside my door (the hallway conversations as I like to put 'em) and after someone told a story about how this guy dresses (something about how his hairstyle and clothing was different from others), my CA was like "why? is he gay?" Like wtf!! what does being gay have to do with your choice of hairstyle or dress??? why does it matter anyways??
Old 10-25-2009 at 08:22 PM   #178
MDCL

Liked: 29 Times

excellent pet peeve..the homophobic and the those who see it .
Old 10-25-2009 at 09:12 PM   #179
caroline54

Liked: 10 Times

Another pet peeve - sitting down in a chair that someone has just been sitting on and its all warm and gross. Ewwwwwwwwww.

rrtt, ~*Sara*~ like this.
Old 10-25-2009 at 09:25 PM   #180
rrtt
Elite Member

Liked: 56 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline54 View Post
Another pet peeve - sitting down in a chair that someone has just been sitting on and its all warm and gross. Ewwwwwwwwww.
I hate that too! I heard a story/myth that people in South America actually refuse to sit on chairs that are still warm from someone else. They will wait for 30 seconds, pat the chair, wait for 30 more seconds and then sit down.

If a seat is really warm, I usually just find another chair