MacInsiders Logo
Old 10-25-2009 at 09:40 PM   #181
niteskie
Elite Member

Liked: 45 Times

I don't get it o.o. What's so wrong with a warm chair?
Old 10-25-2009 at 09:40 PM   #182
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline54 View Post
Another pet peeve - sitting down in a chair that someone has just been sitting on and its all warm and gross. Ewwwwwwwwww.
Me too! Especially when you have a class right after another that just finished, and you have no choice but to suck it up and just sit down :(.

It feels gross
Old 10-25-2009 at 10:17 PM   #183
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu View Post
-i hate it when people say "that's so gay" it is offensive and rude!
That bugs me too. I always cringe when people (including some friends who out of habit) say that.
Old 10-25-2009 at 11:38 PM   #184
WekSos

Liked: 24 Times

When I sit down on a toilet expecting to poop, and I end up just farting !!!!!!

BlakeM, lawleypop, TTHX, xo.monica like this.
Old 10-25-2009 at 11:47 PM   #185
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 416 Times

Before I had a room mate, i didn't have any pet peeves (or didn't know of any)... Now:

- Burping loudly
- Farting loudly
- wanting privacy while being an idiot with a girl friend in a double room!

yeah...i hate these things!!
Old 10-26-2009 at 12:02 AM   #186
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Quote:
I have a bunch of immature guys on my floor who I heard more than once say "that's so gay" or something along the lines of that. And to make matters worse, my CA was talking to a bunch of people in the hallway outside my door (the hallway conversations as I like to put 'em) and after someone told a story about how this guy dresses (something about how his hairstyle and clothing was different from others), my CA was like "why? is he gay?" Like wtf!! what does being gay have to do with your choice of hairstyle or dress??? why does it matter anyways??
I would seriously suggest reporting that CA to your res manager. The fact that an upper year student who is supposed to be in a leadership position is using such derogatory language is disgusting.

Or, if you're not comfortable going that route right away, contact the QSCC on campus, and they can perhaps suggest some solutions for you..

UGH. People like that bother me to know end...

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 10-26-2009 at 12:52 PM   #187
Flag

Liked: 35 Times

Quote:
-i hate it when people say "that's so gay" it is offensive and rude!
Gay and retarded both REALLY bother me when people use them. There's no need...
Old 10-26-2009 at 03:48 PM   #188
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

- Clubs sending multiple e-mails and spamming my inbox. (ONE per week, max.)
- Clubs not BCCing (and allowing my e-mail to be shown to everyone else on the mailing list).
Old 10-26-2009 at 08:33 PM   #189
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

That almost everything happens late at night - tests, clubs meetings, extra help sessions... I see the logic in it, but I'm a commuter, so I can't get too involved in clubs or things, since I basically use my club free time just getting to and from school. I'd do a lot more if it didn't mean me wasting two, three, four hours waiting for the meeting, and then another one or two getting back home.

It would be great to have club meetings function like lectures, where they happen once or twice a week at different times - attendance would be fantastic - but that's pretty impossible.

Oh, the mosquitoes in BSB's basement. I think they slink in in the morning, because I see one almsot everyday trying to give me west nile. It's so odd, you think they'd like it upstairs, it all the extra doors and things.
Old 10-27-2009 at 01:53 AM   #190
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Getting surrounded by a group of approximately 6 girls who can (barely) speak very little english...ie. not enough to understand what 'excuse me' means...and not being able to get past them to get off the bus until two stops beyond your intended stop.

And that good sir, is what grinds my gears. *happened today*
Old 10-27-2009 at 02:03 AM   #191
WekSos

Liked: 24 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
I really don't care if I have bedhead. I shower at night, rather than in the morning and sometimes I have AWESOMELY HILARIOUS bedhead. I never care about how it looks, but when I have really crazy bedhead, it makes me extra happy just because of how comedic it is!

Some of my biggest pet peeves are related to driving:

- people who drive slower than the speed limit (when the conditions are perfectly fine).
- people who don't accelerate when they're on the on-ramp for a highway (you should be going at least 100km/h when you move into the right lane. Ideally you should be moving as fast as the rest of the traffic).
- People who drive 100km/h on the highway, even though traffic in general is going faster. When you're driving at a significantly different speed than everyone else you are a dangerous impedence to traffic. That means going faster OR slower than everyone else.
- People who don't move over to let you on the highway, even though there's tons of room in the lane next to them
- people who don't signal when they're supposed to. That includes before changing lanes and before making turns. Signaling as you turn doesn't count.
- people who stop at stop lights like 10+ feet back from the stop line. <- this is something that people do in hamilton all the time and nowhere else! I don't get it... the stop line is there for a reason! It allows more cars to fit!

I drive over 500km per day on the weekends for my Orkin job, and I deal with idiot drivers all the time. It's scary how bad people are at driving.
-People who still dont speed up or move out of the way when you go nazi with the hi-beams!
-Trucks overtaking trucks with their speed limit thing ! (I take the 403 and its 2 lanes)
-People who go the SAME speed as the car next to them blocking up the highway
-People who merge onto the highway at 60 forcing you to either merge in at 60 or downshift and speed up like a crazy driver
- people who DO NOT TURN THEIR LIGHTS ON in the rain or conditions where visibility is reduced (ARGGHHHHH)
-idiots who drive with their hi-beams on
- and more i cant think of atm

hope13 likes this.
Old 10-27-2009 at 09:19 AM   #192
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Kevin Hoeffer.

I'm going to murder that s.o.b. >___________________< HOW CAN ONE PERSON MAKE SOMEONE RAGE SO MUCH.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 10-27-2009 at 12:52 PM   #193
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by WekSos View Post
-People who merge onto the highway at 60 forcing you to either merge in at 60 or downshift and speed up like a crazy driver
- people who DO NOT TURN THEIR LIGHTS ON in the rain or conditions where visibility is reduced (ARGGHHHHH)
Totally and 100% agree on these. People who drive with their lights off are *******s. People don't realize that in Ontario it's actually illegal to drive without at least daytime running lights on.
Old 10-27-2009 at 05:53 PM   #194
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Those girls were probably ignoring you - how do they go to a university in hamilton and not understand something as basic as excuse me? It's like the first thing you learn in french (I'm guess it would be similar the other way around). You could have made a ruckus, the driver would have probably waited for you to get through them, I haven't met a nasty Go driver yet. Idiot girls.

Can't speak for much of the driving, since I still have a g1, but I HATE it when cars turn with you (like along side). It makes me soooo nervous. Can't you wait a second and at least let me see the road I'm trying to cross without getting hit?
Old 10-27-2009 at 06:57 PM   #195
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

People who send you random messages accusing you of something, without any proof and/or refusing to believe you.. So annoying.