MacInsiders Logo
Old 10-12-2009 at 11:53 AM   #61
MDCL

Liked: 29 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
There's tons of stories about people abusing/killing dogs and cats.

Leaving your dog tied up outside a store is a perfect opportunity for people like this to grab their next victim. It's not like this stuff doesn't happen where we live.
Might as well just stay in bed under the covers...way too dangerous out there!

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. The risks associated with this thing we call living existed before instant communication, before facebook and before the internet.

You are assigning a disproportionate risk factor to things because you can read about them on the internet. Reading about terrible things makes them "real" to you. I'm not denying that there are terrible pople out there. Psychos who tortured animals existed before mass media....we just wouldn't have been able to read about them unless it hit the ol' fashioned broadsheet.

Enjoy your paranoia!
Old 10-12-2009 at 02:51 PM   #62
myoozik

Liked: 42 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew12 View Post
My biggest annoyance on the Go Bus is that person who always talks loudly on their cellphone the entire ride.

Oh plus I hate how for the 47/47A etc buses people never line up.
agghh these are the two worst things.

- once, some guy blasted gino beats from his cellphone. not that i hate club music, but on a bus home after a long day of class on full blast AT NIGHT, NOPE. sometimes someone would call him and interrupt the song, which was great but then he would talk so damn loud. after his conversation, the gino beats started again. eventually some girl had to tell him to shut it off but he was pretty rude about it. ridiculous.

- it's amazing how the aldershot/union station GO bus riders can be so civilized as to line up for their bus, but the 47 kids NEVER line up. it's always a damn free for all, and I distinctly remember a girl who was waiting for the bus 15 mins. early not being able to get on that bus because all these people overtook her. what a shame. and in all that mess, the dudes who shove girls out of the way so that they can get on are just damn disrespectful.

a few others:
- big groups of people in the basement of the arts quad lining up side by side in the hallway and having a group conversation, whilst walking slowly (and apparently it's "rude" to cut through them if you're in a rush)
- residents who don't shovel their sidewalks in the winter
- MDCL not having donuts
Old 10-12-2009 at 03:09 PM   #63
BlakeM
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by myoozik View Post
a few others:
- big groups of people in the basement of the arts quad lining up side by side in the hallway and having a group conversation, whilst walking slowly (and apparently it's "rude" to cut through them if you're in a rush)
- MDCL not having donuts
I second this. I have a class in TSH B105, and every single time i leave that class, at least 3 groups of 3/4 people either walking slowly shoulder to shoulder or in a very loose circle in the hallway leading to the student centre. WHY GOD DAMN IT WHY?

On a similar tangent, nothing is more frustrating than the cafe in Thode not having chocolate croissants and having to go to JHE/MoMac to get one(especially since I never leave Thode, and as such never get one). =[
Old 10-12-2009 at 06:54 PM   #64
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDCL View Post
Might as well just stay in bed under the covers...way too dangerous out there!

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. The risks associated with this thing we call living existed before instant communication, before facebook and before the internet.

You are assigning a disproportionate risk factor to things because you can read about them on the internet. Reading about terrible things makes them "real" to you. I'm not denying that there are terrible pople out there. Psychos who tortured animals existed before mass media....we just wouldn't have been able to read about them unless it hit the ol' fashioned broadsheet.

Enjoy your paranoia!
This isn't about paranoia. This is about taking proper precautions in order to stay safe.

You want to take your kid to the park. On the way, you realize you want to pick up bread. For some reason, the store won't let kids inside. Are you going to leave your kid outside, tied to a pole? Obviously not.

Would you walk down a highway? Would you get on a plane without doors? Would you walk through the middle of a police shootout?

I understand people need to take risks in order to live every day of their lives (ie. cars are very dangerous, though you need to take one in order to get to school and work), but there are things we can do to protect outselves (ie. wear a seatbelt)

Not tying up my dog outside while I run errands is simply protecting him. I can walk him at any other time where I'm not furthering the risk of losing him. If you're willing to risk losing your dog because your time is so precious that you can't get your groceries later, then fine, that's your problem.

Last edited by Kathy2 : 10-12-2009 at 06:56 PM.

lawleypop likes this.
Old 10-12-2009 at 06:58 PM   #65
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
This isn't about paranoia. This is about taking proper precautions in order to stay safe.

You want to take your kid to the park. On the way, you realize you want to pick up bread. For some reason, the store won't let kids inside. Are you going to leave your kid outside, tied to a pole? Obviously not.

Would you walk down a highway? Would you get on a plane without doors? Would you walk through the middle of a police shootout?

I understand people need to take risks in order to live every day of their lives (ie. cars are very dangerous, though you need to take one in order to get to school and work), but there are things we can do to protect outselves (ie. wear a seatbelt)

Not tying up my dog outside while I run errands is simply protecting him. I can walk him at any other time where I'm not furthering the risk of losing him. If you're willing to risk losing your dog because your time is so precious that you can't get your groceries later, then fine, that's your problem.
Glad you're still posting, because I gave up. This guy needs to go back to trolling 4 chan.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

micadjems likes this.
Old 10-12-2009 at 07:14 PM   #66
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 473 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by myoozik View Post
- it's amazing how the aldershot/union station GO bus riders can be so civilized as to line up for their bus, but the 47 kids NEVER line up.
I know, I always see the 15A bus people lined up against the railing and wish I was going on that bus. Must be people from Mississauga and Brampton, lol.

Also can I just say I'm annoyed by the people going to Square One who don't make it on time for the 47B bust which comes 10 mins before the 47A and then they show up and push to the front of all of all the other people waiting to go to the Bramalea Go. It just annoys me b/c the other bus only goes to Sqaure One and not BG and I've seen all these SQ1 people crowd the 47A bus. I liked what one driver did one time. He let all the people who wanted to go to Bramalea Go on first and then if there was room left he let SQ1 people on. It pisses me off when people who want to go to Bramalea Go get pushed out of the way and can't get a seat on the 47A b/c all the SQ1 people push out of the way. Get on the 47B people, ugh. I know it seems like a small thing but it's so annoying that they can go on both buses and sometimes people who want to go to Bramalea Go can't get a seat b/c they didn't hustle their ass to the SQ1 only bus.
Old 10-12-2009 at 07:37 PM   #67
MDCL

Liked: 29 Times

Quote:
Would you walk through the middle of a police shootout?

Not tying up my dog outside while I run errands is simply protecting him.
Clearly the public is unaware that tying up your dog outside a store while you zip in is, in fact, as dangerous as walking through the middle of a police shootout.

I hope you won't limit yourself to a few rants. Perhaps you could start-up a public awareness campaign to help inform the ignorant masses?
Old 10-12-2009 at 08:59 PM   #68
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDCL View Post
Clearly the public is unaware that tying up your dog outside a store while you zip in is, in fact, as dangerous as walking through the middle of a police shootout.

I hope you won't limit yourself to a few rants. Perhaps you could start-up a public awareness campaign to help inform the ignorant masses?
I was obviously using the police shootout as an example and I never said those situations are identical. I do hope that people become aware that leaving their dogs tied up outside is dangerous and I hope people stop doing it.

Every post you have made to me has been incredibly rude and uncalled for. I was never mean or rude to you. I explained my pet peeve, why I don't tie up my dog, and that's it. You don't have to be so mean. If you want to tie up your dog, fine, but there's no need for the attitude. If all you're going to do is say mean things and try to insult me then there's nothing left to discuss. Thanks.

Last edited by Kathy2 : 10-12-2009 at 09:06 PM.
Old 10-12-2009 at 10:48 PM   #69
rrtt
Elite Member

Liked: 56 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Eh, I've done the pen chewing thing before. It's not like the people who do it do it purposely. It's not like I say to myself, "You know what, I'm gonna take this person's pen and purposely chew on it to piss them off."

Lmao.

Either I chew on a pen, or I bite my fingernails, or I chew a crap load of gum.

I'm fixated on my oral stage.
haha I know most people don't do it intentionally. I will sometimes chew on my OWN pen so I totally understand. It's just that I don’t like having a stranger's salvia on my pen. I especially hate it when I end up chewing on my pen that someone else has chewed on. Realizing that I most likely just swapped spit with the really annoying guy who sits in front of me in orgo isn’t amusing

~*Sara*~ likes this.
Old 10-12-2009 at 10:56 PM   #70
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtt View Post
haha I know most people don't do it intentionally. I will sometimes chew on my OWN pen so I totally understand. It's just that I don’t like having a stranger's salvia on my pen. I especially hate it when I end up chewing on my pen that someone else has chewed on. Realizing that I most likely just swapped spit with the really annoying guy who sits in front of me in orgo isn’t amusing
Haha, eww! I just may never lend out pens ever again after your comment XD

rrtt likes this.
Old 10-12-2009 at 11:28 PM   #71
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtt View Post
I think it was just last year... someone lent me a pen, and I started chewing on it... and at some point I remembered that it wasn't mine and I actually said to myself, "oh shit..."

So I booked it out of class and "forgot" to give it back. >_< I figured it was better than giving a chewed pen back, lmao. :(

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 10-12-2009 at 11:59 PM   #72
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew12 View Post
I know, I always see the 15A bus people lined up against the railing and wish I was going on that bus. Must be people from Mississauga and Brampton, lol.

Also can I just say I'm annoyed by the people going to Square One who don't make it on time for the 47B bust which comes 10 mins before the 47A and then they show up and push to the front of all of all the other people waiting to go to the Bramalea Go. It just annoys me b/c the other bus only goes to Sqaure One and not BG and I've seen all these SQ1 people crowd the 47A bus. I liked what one driver did one time. He let all the people who wanted to go to Bramalea Go on first and then if there was room left he let SQ1 people on. It pisses me off when people who want to go to Bramalea Go get pushed out of the way and can't get a seat on the 47A b/c all the SQ1 people push out of the way. Get on the 47B people, ugh. I know it seems like a small thing but it's so annoying that they can go on both buses and sometimes people who want to go to Bramalea Go can't get a seat b/c they didn't hustle their ass to the SQ1 only bus.
I really get that and completely understand. The Square One crowd is undoubtedly one of the rudest and most arrogant bus crowds given that so many people think (in comparison to the other lines that are evident) they are above the concept of a line and just cut in.
Maybe because they think they live in Mississauga which is a richer neighbourhood than a lot and that somehow...daddy could buy them a bus if they don't get their way. I don't know. It's really immature and terrible and I agree.

But I just wanted to point out that wrt the 47A, not all of us can make it after a 5:20 class for the 47B. I have asthma and end up hacking phelgm after a brisk walk from CNH or MDCL and while I really like catching the earlier bus and after reading your post understand that it would be more polite to, sometimes I don't have a choice and I definitely won't in the winter.

Plus, I've never ever gotten the chance to speak to my Stats professor after class precisely cause I want to catch that bus so taking one that's 10 minutes later is advantageous in 2 important respects for me.

Not all of us are just doing it because we don't want to take the time to be punctual

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 10-13-2009 at 10:11 AM   #73
sew12
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews.inc View Post
I really get that and completely understand. The Square One crowd is undoubtedly one of the rudest and most arrogant bus crowds given that so many people think (in comparison to the other lines that are evident) they are above the concept of a line and just cut in.
Maybe because they think they live in Mississauga which is a richer neighbourhood than a lot and that somehow...daddy could buy them a bus if they don't get their way. I don't know. It's really immature and terrible and I agree.

But I just wanted to point out that wrt the 47A, not all of us can make it after a 5:20 class for the 47B. I have asthma and end up hacking phelgm after a brisk walk from CNH or MDCL and while I really like catching the earlier bus and after reading your post understand that it would be more polite to, sometimes I don't have a choice and I definitely won't in the winter.

Plus, I've never ever gotten the chance to speak to my Stats professor after class precisely cause I want to catch that bus so taking one that's 10 minutes later is advantageous in 2 important respects for me.

Not all of us are just doing it because we don't want to take the time to be punctual
Mostly its the ones who push that annoying. If you want to go to SQ1 on the 47A by all means, it stops there but some people need to learn to wait their turn to get on the bus. I can tell you know what I mean.

Its like geez if you show up to the bus stop at 36 and the 47A is just pulling up and a whole bunch of people are waiting than you don't just run up and stand in front of them. I see so many people do it. Like you just got here and 15 people have been standing here for 10 minutes, back up and wait your turn. I'm sure its not just people going to SQ1, people who go to Bramalea Go are rude too, lol.

The 47B should perhaps come 5 minutes later than it does and the 47A 5 minutes later than it does. 5:30 is really cutting it close when class ends at 5:20. I know if my bus came at 5:30 I might have trouble getting there are time too, I have short legs and I walk slow. My asthma acts up in extreme weather conditions so I can feel your pain.

Ah Go Bus commuting, how annoying you are. In theory its really easy, the bus goes from Point A to Point B and back but in reality there are so many little annoyances. Like getting up extra early and the rude people who take the bus.

We need a commuting support group, lol.
Old 10-13-2009 at 10:31 AM   #74
Jake

Liked: 107 Times

Yeah I've also noticed that the commuters from Brampton are much much nicer than the commuters from Mississuga. :p lol

Last edited by Jake : 10-13-2009 at 10:39 AM.
Old 10-13-2009 at 10:36 AM   #75
sew12
Elite Member

Go Brampton!

Kevin S likes this.