MacInsiders Logo
Old 10-10-2009 at 12:28 AM   #16
Kevin S

Liked: 128 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Professors that read off their slides and/or take information word for word from the book.
lol, have you taken Econ 1B03 with Hannah Holmes?
Old 10-10-2009 at 12:41 AM   #17
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin S View Post
lol, have you taken Econ 1B03 with Hannah Holmes?
Yes, she's not too bad. She technically doesn't "read" off her slides. I'm pretty sure she has all the slides memorized in her head though. But it's a lot better when the professor is actually talking to the class and then what she talked about shows up on the slide than her just plainly reading off the slide.

You might argue that there is no difference, but to me there is a difference.

I'm taking Econ 1B03 right now.
Old 10-10-2009 at 12:46 AM   #18
Kevin S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
So we all have them, yet we don't think about them or remember until they come up eventually.

So here are mine.
1- Why do GO bus drivers let people on when there are no more seats left?! Do they really think it's normal for someone to stay standing for 1.5 hours (Hamilton to Union, for eg.) in that tiny aisle?!
2- Why on earth do people save seats for their friends who are "going to" come on at a bus stop that the bus is goign to reach LATER. While other people who have paid remain standing in the aisle. And this has happened everytime I take the Go Bus to go home..
Next time, I'm making sure I either sit down, wait for the next bus, maybe even cancel the trip home.

I agree with Jake here even though I commute from Brampton (I always get a seat hehe, since it's the first stop to McMaster).

As for going home, honestly, standing up isn't a problem. I don't understand why it seems to be a problem for you if you have a seat. We just wanna go home, and if that means standing up the entire way, whatever.

Other Pet Peeves...

- People that talk during lecture.
- Slow walkers.
- TA's that have no idea what they're doing.

...there are much more, but I'm to tired to think of any

Last edited by Kevin S : 10-10-2009 at 12:58 AM.
Old 10-10-2009 at 12:49 AM   #19
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

- moody people
- prudes
- snobs
- my extended family
- people who text/take cell calls even though they are talking to you
- courses with way too many assessments

Last edited by sinthusized : 10-10-2009 at 12:54 AM.
Old 10-10-2009 at 08:13 AM   #20
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Ungrateful wenches.

For example, I was walking home like 2-3 days ago, and there was a dog running across sterling. it almost got hit twice.

So I walked up to it, spent 15-20 minutes calling the owner, animal control, and waiting for animal control to come pick it up b/c the owner wouldn't answer their phone.

This dog was crazy hyper and get jumping around and got loose at some point, booked it across sterling, and almost got hit AGAIN.

Then two people looked at me, gave me dirty looks as if *I* was the one doing something wrong.

So I went after the dog and LOOKED for him. Found him, grabbed him, tightened his collar, and was gonna walk back to the corner of sterling and whidden 'cause that's where animal control was gonan meet me.

Then like a 40 year old was walking up to me with her daughter and she yelled across the street "Bad Deco!". So I said, "is this your dog?"

Her: "Yea, just let him go."
Me: "He almost got hit twice, I'll hold on to him till you get here."
Her: "It's not a big deal, just let him run around."

Then she got close enough that we didn't have to yell.

Her: Oh haha someone must have left the back door open.
Me: Yea, probably.

Then I handed the dog over by the collar and she just let him go! Like we're still right beside the ****ing street! Stupid *****.

Me: so I phoned animal control to come pick him up, so I guess I'll phone them to let them know not to bother.
Her: Oh. Thanks. Bye.

Like, wtf. Yea, you're welcome b!tch, for me saving your dog's life essentially twice because you're a dumb broad.

I hate people.

EVERY time I return an animal to their owner, they're just like "Oh okay. Thanks." Like it doesn't actually matter if it gets run over by a car.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 10-10-2009 at 09:03 AM   #21
MDCL

Liked: 29 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
EVERY time I return an animal to their owner, they're just like "Oh okay. Thanks." Like it doesn't actually matter if it gets run over by a car.
How many animals have you found?!

Twice in 12 years our black lab has gotten outside our yard. I've been extremely grateful to the people who found him.

Maybe you need to find animals in another neighborhood?
Old 10-10-2009 at 09:46 AM   #22
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

I thought of more...
  • not having a dishwasher
  • losing my keys
  • wet pant legs
  • wet socks
  • people who think my degree is easy

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 10-10-2009 at 09:52 AM   #23
Harlequin

Liked: 35 Times

When people shorten words or replace letters in words on msn or while texting.
It is NOT cool. Also not cool is replacing words with numbers.
ALSO ... I hate hate hate it when people get your/you're or there/their/they're mixed up.
Old 10-10-2009 at 09:56 AM   #24
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin90 View Post
When people shorten words or replace letters in words on msn or while texting.
It is NOT cool. Also not cool is replacing words with numbers.
ALSO ... I hate hate hate it when people get your/you're or there/their/they're mixed up.
Grammar nazis ftw!

to/two/too tends to get mixed up a lot by people too.

You should buy this shirt: http://www.threadless.com/product/29...Their,_The re

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 10-10-2009 at 10:17 AM   #25
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
  • people who think my degree is easy
*gasp* :p

All jokes aside, do people not realize how hard it is to 12 an essay-based class?
Old 10-10-2009 at 10:21 AM   #26
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 473 Times

Ah the Go Bus pet peeves. I hate the people who sit on the outside seat and put their stuff on the inside one. Umm no, in the mid-afternoon/early evening this bus is going to fill up and you won't be hogging a seat with your stuff. Move yourself to the inside seat and let someone else sit down a**hole. I always put my stuff in front of me and sit on the inside seat and then if no one comes and the bus leaves then I might move my stuff to the other seat if I have some extra stuff and I'm uncomfortable.

Also people who put the seat back really far annoy me. Umm wtf is your problem? I know the seats do go back but they don't need to go back that far and crush me and my stuff.

My biggest annoyance on the Go Bus is that person who always talks loudly on their cellphone the entire ride. Especially if it's in the morning. Usually they aren't even making an important call, it's just idle chit chat, gossip or a stupid argument with someone on the other end. Seriously stfu and talk to them later, I'm trying to sleep or at the very least not get a headache on the way home. Most people on the Go Bus try and sleep or listen to music and the loud cellphone a**hole is just distracting and annoying. Plus this person always seems to sit near me no matter what. The gossip ones are the worst, its like, do you really have to *****/gossip about your "friends" loudly for an entire bus full of people to hear for an hour?

Oh plus I hate how for the 47/47A etc buses people never line up. They just get into a huge clump of people and push their way through. People who come at the last possible minute always try and push to the front too. Umm first come, first serve buddy, get back. I wish people would just line up and friggin' wait their turn. I hate when I get to the stop 15 minutes or more before the bus is supposed to arrive and people show up right as its pulling up and line push me or stand in front of me, like wtf. How rude.

Old 10-10-2009 at 10:45 AM   #27
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

@ Kevin & Jake.
You're right it's actually not that bad, I thought at first. But after 5 hours of classes and running around campus, as well as standing on the HSR, 1.5 hours on the GO Bus with your stuff. Trust me, I couldn't walk properly after I got off :(

I definitely agree with the stupid annoying people talking on the GO Bus, I was standing between these 3 stupid girls (I got stuck there, since everywhere else was full), and they were taling in the most annoying voices ever. That one girl did not shut up the entire bus ride! [email protected]
Old 10-10-2009 at 11:09 AM   #28
Kevin S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
@ Kevin & Jake.
You're right it's actually not that bad, I thought at first. But after 5 hours of classes and running around campus, as well as standing on the HSR, 1.5 hours on the GO Bus with your stuff. Trust me, I couldn't walk properly after I got off :(
Welcome to the life of a commuter.
Old 10-10-2009 at 11:23 AM   #29
nila*

Liked: 52 Times

people who decide its ok to play music off the speaker in their phone on the bus.
no one cares that your phone costs thousands of dollars, get over yourself and shut up.
Old 10-10-2009 at 12:22 PM   #30
ladyh

Liked: 25 Times

- people who don't spay/neuter their cats and let them roam outside and seem surprise when their cat is pregnant .. congrats, you just contributed to the HUGE cat overpopulation problem in hamilton.

- people who don't spay/neuter their dogs with the intention of letting them have a litter, or thinking it would be good for them to have a litter, aka being a "backyard breeder". i hate backyard breeders. most of them have no idea what they're doing (but they are convinced that they do), and seem to be completely unaware of how many freaking homeless dogs there are already are in this city. i don't hate ALL breeders (ones that are actual reputable breeders are fine, the ones who screen both parents first both for temperament and for health issues, who actually do it to better the breed, and are very very careful about where the puppies go .. the ones who might even show their dogs and stuff), but UGH just stop! half the time the stupid backyard breeders can't find a home and send the puppies to a pet store. no responsible breeder would ever do that.

- students who keep cats in their houses, don't spay/neuter, feed them the cheapest shittiest food known to man (whiskas .. i volunteer in a clinic and every week there's some cat which a whiskas-related illness, usually crystals in the urine), don't vaccinate, and are basically negligent owners .. and at the end of the year, they just "let the cat go". i love pets, i want to be a vet, but i know it's completely unrealistic for me to keep a cat/dog in a student house and give them PROPER care.

- pet shops that sell puppies/kittens, and people who buy puppies/kittens from these pet shops. i can understand that you are aware of the issues involving pet shops / puppy mills, and want to "save" the puppy from the pet store, but you're just creating space for another puppy that is probably ridden with health issues and temperamental problems that will arise later in life.

- people who think a "labradoodle" is an actual breed. it's not a breed, get your facts straight. it's a mix between a labrador retriever and a poodle, so you could refer to him as a labradoodle, but don't pretend you have a purebred dog (lmao). what's wrong with having a mixed breed, anyway? they're usually healthier, and won't be prone to the genetic diseases that some purebred dogs are prone to ..

- the fact that euthanasia is considered a "treatment" these days. i'm all for euthanasia in certain circumstances, but it shouldn't be considered a treatment when you just don't want the dog anymore. disgusting.

- people who forget where their food came from. farmers feed cities.

- people who don't tip in restaurants (given that the service was perfectly acceptable). i particularly get annoyed when students don't think they have to tip. if you expect the same level of service that any other "adult" customer would get, then you should tip.

- when you are leaving a lecture hall, and can't leave, since the next class of people are all pushing their way in. if we all push, we can all get out or in faster!!! wouldn't it make more sense to let the leaving class exit first, and then have the next class go in? instead of this chaos of people entering and exiting through the same doors?

lorend likes this.