MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
Anyone in Philosophy 3Q03 - Philosophy of Law? MacStudent06 Academics 2 09-29-2010 07:06 PM
Too Much Philosophy? Chambini Academics 5 06-27-2010 04:09 PM
Philosophy 1E03 resh.jyoti Academics 3 11-17-2009 12:18 PM
Philosophy Goce Academics 0 09-04-2007 09:00 PM

Philosophy 1B03

Old 06-13-2008 at 10:44 AM   #16
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

Philosophy 1B03
This class was a disaster for me. The professor said things that were blatantly wrong and imposed her views upon the class. By blatantly wrong I don't mean that she was rude, I mean that she made incorrect assumptions and based her arguments upon them and was proven wrong by one of her students in...

Old 01-02-2010 at 06:17 PM   #15
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times
Sultan, this is the course outline and it tells you what the essays are about.

Sultan says thanks to sinthusized for this post.
Old 01-02-2010 at 07:16 PM   #16
Sultan

Liked: 3 Times
Thanks

How hard is it to get a good mark on the essays in this course? I actually enjoy writing them but have heard that they are marked real hard at McMaster. Is this a 12able course or no?
Old 06-11-2010 at 02:54 AM   #17
staceykinz
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 0 Times
Any more information on Gedge? She appears to be teaching it this year.. I really want to take this course but I don't want it to bring down my avgs because of a crappy prof...
Old 12-27-2010 at 12:46 PM   #18
luna

Liked: 10 Times
I would also like to know more about prof Gedge
Old 07-13-2011 at 01:12 PM   #19
Sevan

Liked: 28 Times
I took this course last year and the prof's split up their lecture time. So one half of the semester I had Otto-Phillips- who was a very montone speaker, and I found his lectures boring. The other half of the semester I had Gedge- and again I found it hard to follow her lecture because to me, she was boring. Otto-Phillips posts all the information on his slides and reads directly off the slideshow, and the slideshow is available on AvenuetoLearn. Gedge on the other hand only put some information on her slideshow and the rest you would have to listen and write. The exam was very easy, it was based on the readings mostly, and they gave us the specific readings that would be on the exam. The 2 essays we had to write were also pretty easy, but it helps if your T.A. is nice to give you some help during tutorial because some people didn't understand what the essay was asking for. All in all, the course was one of my favourites because I was interested in the topics discussed, and if you're interested in the class you'll do well. I barely went to class and I ended with a 8.
Old 07-16-2011 at 01:22 AM   #20
J. Dorey
Elite Member

Liked: 169 Times
Yeah the lectures were pretty hard to sit through, but the tutorials and the readings were fairly straightforward and made up for it.

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search