MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Police Check Question- Health Age 1BB3 sufiya First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 01-12-2011 08:09 PM
Nursing Immunization and Police Check MacDai First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 09-06-2010 08:27 AM
Volunteer Position Available for Pop The Bubble SSCLeadership MacInsiders Announcements 1 08-10-2009 08:20 AM
what if you don't have a police check certificate by september 4 ? shaiya08 Academics 3 08-20-2008 11:07 PM
A question on Police Records Check requirement shaiya08 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 07-29-2008 03:32 PM

police check for volunteer position

Old 01-20-2011 at 10:31 AM   #1
macbaby07
Elite Member

Liked: 54 Times

police check for volunteer position
hey guys! so i know there's been other threads about getting a police check for Htlh Age 1bb3 but this is for a separate volunteer position.

can i get one done here in hamilton? im in my second year and ive lived on res for both years and i stayed in hamilton during the summer .... is that still ok? or will i have to go home and get it done there?

and where exactly do i get it done?
thanks
Old 01-20-2011 at 10:42 AM   #2
bcars
Elite Member

Liked: 286 Times

There should just be paperwork you have to submit to whoever you are volunteering for, and they are supposed to submit it to police themselves. I've been a soccer coach for a long time... every two years my club just gives me paperwork, I fill it out, and they send it to the OPP themselves, to ensure that I am still in fact not a pedophile.
Old 01-20-2011 at 10:52 AM   #3
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

go to local police, fill out form and wait to get in mail
Old 01-20-2011 at 11:06 AM   #4
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 467 Times

I have to update my police check for my practicum this summer, as long as you have a Hamilton address you can do it here (rez counts). There will be a separate form asking to list any previous addresses of the last 3 years I believe. You can head to the Hamilton police headquarters on King William St and do it there. In about two weeks they'll mail the police check to you.

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)
Old 01-20-2011 at 11:15 AM   #5
macbaby07
Elite Member

Liked: 54 Times

sounds good ... yea they're making it me do it myself
ive had to do it at home but never when ive been away
thanks guys