MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
meal plan Jesse.C First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 01-27-2013 06:29 PM
Meal Plan Du92 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 29 07-05-2011 10:11 PM
meal plan p_vun First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 15 10-07-2009 09:45 PM
Meal Plan VoyozooT General Discussion 17 09-02-2009 09:57 PM
Meal Plan kimrose First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 08-24-2008 12:49 PM

Is it possible to cancel my Meal Plan now?

Old 10-20-2013 at 05:30 PM   #1
Ms.Patti

Liked: 1 Time

Is it possible to cancel my Meal Plan now?
I have a Group A Regular Meal Plan. I was wondering if it is possible for me to cancel my meal plan.
( They can take whatever late fees that apply as long as I get some amount back in my account since I really dont spend my money on anything other than coffee/cereal . )
Old 10-20-2013 at 05:40 PM   #2
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

In short no
A: No matter what residence meal plan you select, the BASIC portion of your plan is non-refundable except on a prorated basis upon withdrawal from residence, subject to the charges specified in point 12 of the Residence Meal Plan Policy. Only the unused portion of your FLEX and/or FREEDOM account is fully refundable upon withdrawal. The unused portion of your FLEX and/or FREEDOM account will remain in your account for future purchases or can be refunded upon a written request.

Also realize meal plan doesn't carry over. Wanna buy me dinner?

Ms.Patti says thanks to Leeoku for this post.
Old 10-20-2013 at 05:50 PM   #3
PockyWarrior

Liked: 34 Times

The fact that the non-flex/freedom portion of meal plans don't carry over into the next year (if any of it remains) really surprised me in my first year. That's what I get for not reading the details ahead of time and realizing late that University is a business more-so than an undergraduate learning institution.

You'll notice people stocking up on things from the little mart in Keyes and other places near the end of the year as they try to blow through their plans. Buying dinner for friends is another common thing, or strangers you don't know from an online forum *wink* !

Ms.Patti says thanks to PockyWarrior for this post.
Old 10-20-2013 at 07:46 PM   #4
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Also, if you're on res you're required to get a meal plan...so no, you can't cancel or even switch to a lighter one. You're stuck with it.