MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Res Questions monardo Residence & Housing 27 06-20-2012 12:34 PM
Questions.. Silver Residence & Housing 5 05-28-2011 12:35 PM
2 questions Juve First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 09-08-2010 06:02 PM
A Few Questions anthony First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 09-07-2010 12:10 PM
2 Questions jordan23 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 09-04-2009 09:51 PM

Post [email protected] Questions!

Old 05-11-2013 at 06:12 PM   #1
raspberry

Liked: 1 Time

Post [email protected] Questions!
Hi! I visited McMaster today and I absolutely loved it!
The campus was beautiful and all the people were so nice!
Before I left however, I forgot to get some of my questions answered so I was hoping some of you could help me

1) Can the money from your meal plan be used towards anything other than food (i.e. At Guelph you can buy books etc. with it)

2) In Life Science, what opportunities do you have to interact with your professors in your first two years? (because it's such a large program) Also, are the people in the program very competitive?

3) What support does the school offer for those struggling with first-year courses?

And finally the most important question.........

4) LIFE SCI OR KIN?
Which is better in terms of courses, community, professors etc.? Which will have more opportunities to pursue a minor (I would really love to minor in political science as well... random I know XD)

I love biology, chemistry, physiology, but I have no idea what I want to do post-undergrad, so I'm just wondering what program may be best in terms of preparing me to apply to grad schools (opportunities to research with professors, GPA etc.)

Thanks so much!!

Last edited by raspberry : 05-11-2013 at 06:25 PM.
Old 05-11-2013 at 06:42 PM   #2
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

1. No.
2. Yes, go to their office hours, take time to speak to them after class if you sit close enough and can grab them before they get swarmed (much much much easier after first year)
3. This is a very broad question.. you have profs, TAs, peers, things like the math centre (etc)
4. Take the time to compare the two programs in the undergraduate calender (party here)

raspberry says thanks to RyanC for this post.
Old 05-11-2013 at 06:49 PM   #3
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

1) No. Mind you meal plan in your basic account must be spent cause it doesn't carry over. Better start smallest and keep adding
2) Tutorials, office hours (best)
3) Tutorials are the main purpose for this. Thode library has a representative (hired student or pro tutor) for chem math physics and math help centre. You can always hire a tutor or ask friends you make
4) The better question is what do YOU want to do in the future. As suggested by ryan look at upper year classes see what interests you. Both can be quite competitive

raspberry says thanks to Leeoku for this post.