MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Failed a Pre-req in summer school aliesk First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 06-23-2014 12:56 AM
Registering for courses no pre req MacStudent1 Academics 1 06-04-2011 01:09 PM
Missing only 1 pre-req course for degree jordan19 Academics 24 08-10-2010 10:08 AM
Commerce 2BC3 pre req? hendribj Academics 1 06-16-2010 06:18 AM
math 1a03 as a pre-req nadia1 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 07-08-2009 12:10 AM

Pre-req question. Urgent help.

Old 09-15-2015 at 08:59 PM   #16
Thinker

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLucas View Post
No it's just I don't have a problem taking anything. Shit in 4th year I can take whatever I want as long as prove that I have covered the topics from the prerequisites in other courses, lol, been doing that for 2 years.

The situation isn't really about the prereqs, but more about the fact that the program changed and mosaic didn't know about it. I dropped management right after the Mosaic came in power, and it thinks I entered the program 1 year ago and therefore it wants me to take different courses in my 2nd year (which have been changed for 2 years) and doesn't consider all the courses I have already taken and completed.

Yours situation is different because you took an antirequisite, which might not count (as Tron thermo doesn't count for Mech thermo), and that's why the department is flipping out.

Think about it this way: if they didn't allow you to graduate just because they changed a few courses along the way, noone would graduate and the university would be full of people trying to complete their diploma requirements.

CAS office people don't earn their bread. All they do is eat pizza, give bad advises, direct you to wrong people, and constantly lose papers you ask them to submit. 9 times out of 10 when I get walk in there to ask something, the big woman on the front desk is not there, and instead her little friend on the far desk does all the job. Whatever, I only took my business to them 2 times in 5 years, got burnt both times. Done all my stuff in the main office since then.

Just another reason to consider Soft Eng at McMaster complete farce.
My situation isn't even about anti reqs anymore. I have taken the exact pre reqs which were required till last year. They have just changed them with other courses now. Oh well what can I do.
Old 09-15-2015 at 10:37 PM   #17
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Liked: 91 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker View Post
My situation isn't even about anti reqs anymore. I have taken the exact pre reqs which were required till last year. They have just changed them with other courses now. Oh well what can I do.
You can go talk to the actual advisers and not the CAS office wankers.

Thinker likes this.