MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do you wipe sitting down or standing up? ViktorVaughn General Discussion 61 10-21-2010 06:09 PM
First Year Notes + Mugsi PROTIP Inferno First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 31 08-15-2010 10:42 PM
2010 Alumni Trivia Challenge: Are You Smarter Than a Guelph Grad? lorend MacInsiders Announcements 0 06-15-2010 03:52 PM
Can't Make It Keenu Academics 11 03-27-2010 09:26 PM
Off Campus Series Two Part Four: The Front Closet lorend Residence & Off-Campus Living 2 04-17-2008 07:00 AM

Protip: Sitting in the front row does not make you smarter

Old 10-30-2010 at 09:46 PM   #31
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by giftedchick View Post
lol... telomere requires grablkehams,nfajfkaif kjfks ......
meh

oblivious prof is oblivious

Old 10-30-2010 at 09:49 PM   #32
Toast
Elite Member

Liked: 258 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by giftedchick View Post
lol... telomere requires grablkehams,nfajfkaif kjfks ......
Rofl, my point exactly...

"Retroviruses are relatively eagiaogfiajofijsafjoa nogn..."

Old 10-30-2010 at 09:53 PM   #33
doug

Liked: 82 Times

I fell asleep in lecture once and had that falling sensation. I woke up, immediatly jumped, almost launched my laptop down the 20 rows in front of me in BSB147 only to have the people behind me burst out laughing.

Overall good experience. Cause I was taking notes in my sleep and was greeted by the following line in my notes:

byfoilreuhg;oithj'aho etihtnea[tttttttt itttthiti'aitjhi'tjha tgggggggggggiigiijjjj jjji

YAY FOR GIBBERISH
Old 10-30-2010 at 10:00 PM   #34
Toast
Elite Member

Liked: 258 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dblomfield View Post
I fell asleep in lecture once and had that falling sensation. I woke up, immediatly jumped, almost launched my laptop down the 20 rows in front of me in BSB147 only to have the people behind me burst out laughing.

Overall good experience. Cause I was taking notes in my sleep and was greeted by the following line in my notes:

byfoilreuhg;oithj'aho etihtnea[tttttttt itttthiti'aitjhi'tjha tgggggggggggiigiijjjj jjji

YAY FOR GIBBERISH
Maybe you pressed those keys trying to grab for your laptop?

Old 10-30-2010 at 10:15 PM   #35
forever0zero

Liked: 39 Times

i normally don't sit in the front row, but in HH 302 if you want to be somewhat comfortable, the front row is the place to be. having to sit at the front really sucks when the prof is literally right in front of me and i'm dozing off. for some reason that room makes me so sleepy.
Old 10-30-2010 at 10:18 PM   #36
lux

Liked: 318 Times

For me i prefer sitting close to the back. If I sit anywhere close to the front I can't concentrate with the 100+ eyes piercing the back of my neck.
Old 10-30-2010 at 10:26 PM   #37
slx4

Liked: 4 Times

Hamilton Hall 302 is easiest place to fall asleep, i fall asleep there at least 3 times/week Its gotta be the lighting or something.. I sit in the front row too hahahahahaha
Old 10-30-2010 at 10:41 PM   #38
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

I agree that sitting in the front row is obviously not going to make you smarter OR get a better grade, but it can be beneficial simply because you are more likely to hear what the prof says. In the middle/back you are more likely to be surrounded by people who talk than you are in the front; people aren't going to talk if the prof is right there. Also, some profs mumble or drop their voices at the end of a sentence, but if you're in the front you're more likely to catch what they say.
Old 10-31-2010 at 12:02 AM   #39
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by slx4 View Post
Hamilton Hall 302 is easiest place to fall asleep
Agreed...................... ............
Old 10-31-2010 at 12:18 AM   #40
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times

haha HH 302 in combination with the most boring material ever *cough*sfwr 3x03*cough* is deadly...

Anyways I sit sometimes close to the front only cause I can't read the damn blackboard sometimes the profs write so freakin small....
Old 10-31-2010 at 12:34 AM   #41
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dblomfield View Post

YAY FOR GIBBERISH
should've seen my physics (handwritten) notes the other day hahaha
it was pretty much all scribbles because I could barely keep my eyes open xD I have NO chance of being able to understand what I wrote.
Old 10-31-2010 at 12:36 AM   #42
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

I fall asleep in the front row all the timeee. especially 8:30 math/maths in general... TSH 120 :\

I hate it because it makes me think "okay, I'm seriously going to take a nap when I get home", then I get home and I'm not tired D<

edit: also I find that there are often people who talk in the front few seats, regardless of the prof being right there.. ex. in my math class the other day these two people beside me where just yacking away while lovric was teaching, and that was the front row. (given, they were talking about the things being taught, but geez, I'm trying to pay attention!... or sleep!)

Last edited by anon491 : 10-31-2010 at 12:41 AM.
Old 10-31-2010 at 12:40 AM   #43
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

front row only minimizes loud/distractive students
Old 10-31-2010 at 12:49 AM   #44
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Quote:
I hate it because it makes me think "okay, I'm seriously going to take a nap when I get home", then I get home and I'm not tired D<
OMG, this totally happens to me EVERY DAY, lmao. I hate it.

Whenever I have 830 classes, the only thought that allows me to wake up in the morning is "don't worry, I'll sleep early tonight and I won't be tired tomorrow" - NEVER happens.

EDIT: My first sentence makes me sound like a girl for some reason.

No offense or anything >_>

anon491 likes this.
Old 10-31-2010 at 12:55 AM   #45
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post
OMG, this totally happens to me EVERY DAY, lmao. I hate it.

Whenever I have 830 classes, the only thought that allows me to wake up in the morning is "don't worry, I'll sleep early tonight and I won't be tired tomorrow" - NEVER happens.

EDIT: My first sentence makes me sound like a girl for some reason.

No offense or anything >_>

Sleep late at night, thinking "I'll be fine later"
Wake up later feeling like crap, console yourself thinking " I'll nap later"
The rest of the day goes by. No nap occurs.

And the cycle continues till the weekend when you crash and don't wake up till Sunday afternoon.

anon491, SilentWalker like this.