MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do you wipe sitting down or standing up? ViktorVaughn General Discussion 61 10-21-2010 06:09 PM
First Year Notes + Mugsi PROTIP Inferno First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 31 08-15-2010 10:42 PM
2010 Alumni Trivia Challenge: Are You Smarter Than a Guelph Grad? lorend MacInsiders Announcements 0 06-15-2010 03:52 PM
Can't Make It Keenu Academics 11 03-27-2010 09:26 PM
Off Campus Series Two Part Four: The Front Closet lorend Residence & Off-Campus Living 2 04-17-2008 07:00 AM

Protip: Sitting in the front row does not make you smarter

Old 10-31-2010 at 08:42 PM   #76
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AelyaS View Post
I think what they're referring to is the people who really don't have any complaints about their grades, but pretend to so they have an excuse to say the numbers outloud. they know they did well, they just want to rub it in. Not really a legitimate gripe, especially if it was something everyone worked hard for, but only a few did well on.
yeah, this is exactly what I mean. it's not like he just did it one time either, he did it on every single occasion.
Old 10-31-2010 at 08:44 PM   #77
Commander
P.I.M.P

Liked: 63 Times

That is actually a good thing. He shows off about his marks, people should boost their confidence up and get motivated to do even better.
Old 10-31-2010 at 08:54 PM   #78
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
That is actually a good thing. He shows off about his marks, people should boost their confidence up and get motivated to do even better.
Wow are you really that dumb

Old 10-31-2010 at 08:55 PM   #79
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

Quote:
how is that a good thing? some people studied really hard for those tests and just couldn't get any higher than the mark that they achieved, so why does he have to rub it in their faces? It's unnecessary. Furthermore, there's a lot of stuff you don't know about this guy. he was supremely annoying in every single thing he did. He doesn't study, and when it comes to assignments, when he hands them in, he asks the teachers about the answers to things he had trouble on, then somehow convinces them to give him extra time to correct his mistake. I hated him for that because the rest of us had to just hand in our assignments, so why does he get extra time to improve his? and then he would get the HIGHEST mark in the class because of that! Why didn't he ask the teacher BEFORE the day the assignment was due? And when the teacher would call us up so that we could look at our marks, he would purposely linger behind so that he could see what mark I got, which I DIDN'T appreciate because our marks are supposed to be PRIVATE. he feels like he has to compete with everyone, even though no one WANTS to compete with him.
aghjsdsdfgvhjd i know half of this probably didn't even make sense or wasn't even relevant but if you were there you'd know how INFURIATING this guy was!
Old 10-31-2010 at 09:11 PM   #80
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooburii View Post
how is that a good thing? some people studied really hard for those tests and just couldn't get any higher than the mark that they achieved, so why does he have to rub it in their faces? It's unnecessary. Furthermore, there's a lot of stuff you don't know about this guy. he was supremely annoying in every single thing he did. He doesn't study, and when it comes to assignments, when he hands them in, he asks the teachers about the answers to things he had trouble on, then somehow convinces them to give him extra time to correct his mistake. I hated him for that because the rest of us had to just hand in our assignments, so why does he get extra time to improve his? and then he would get the HIGHEST mark in the class because of that! Why didn't he ask the teacher BEFORE the day the assignment was due? And when the teacher would call us up so that we could look at our marks, he would purposely linger behind so that he could see what mark I got, which I DIDN'T appreciate because our marks are supposed to be PRIVATE. he feels like he has to compete with everyone, even though no one WANTS to compete with him.
aghjsdsdfgvhjd i know half of this probably didn't even make sense or wasn't even relevant but if you were there you'd know how INFURIATING this guy was!
put your wall of text where the sun don't shine

Old 10-31-2010 at 09:14 PM   #81
Commander
P.I.M.P

Guys stop whining about that. Join a sports team, and you'll see how it rolls. I used to do MMA, and there were some guys in a higher level than me who were mocking me for effin up my kicks. Did I cry like a little girl ? No. It actually made me train harder, and , now, I can do things I thought was impossible for me.
Old 10-31-2010 at 09:17 PM   #82
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Quote:
Guys stop whining about that. Join a sports team, and you'll see how it rolls. I used to do MMA, and there were some guys in a higher level than me who were mocking me for effin up my kicks. Did I cry like a little girl ? No. It actually made me train harder, and , now, I can do things I thought was impossible for me.
yeah well i wrestled a tribe of kenyans while DPing franklin roosevelt on a bed of steaks

what do you have to say now?

Old 10-31-2010 at 09:17 PM   #83
Commander
P.I.M.P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoon View Post
yeah well i wrestled a tribe of kenyans while DPing franklin roosevelt on a bed of steaks

what do you have to say now?
I guess what they say is true... Christians are really dumb.
Old 10-31-2010 at 09:18 PM   #84
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Quote:
I guess what they say is ture... Christians are really dumb.
yeah bro.

bro.

Old 10-31-2010 at 09:21 PM   #85
Commander
P.I.M.P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoon View Post
yeah bro.

bro.
You probably got abused by a Priest at Church when you were young.
Old 10-31-2010 at 09:22 PM   #86
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Quote:
You probably got abused by a Priest at Church when you were young.
two priests

they were also dwarves

Old 10-31-2010 at 09:37 PM   #87
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:

1) you can't even put sports and academia together. The atmosphere is so different. If I train hard enough, I can be amazing as basketball. But no matter how hard I try, I will always fail at math.

2) Kudos to you for having that attitude, but its so flipping annoying when people like you try and make it out to be the universal way of thought. It's not. If it were that easy for people to adopt that thinking, we wouldn't be here, dicussing this right now. It's condescending on your part.

3) For some reason, when you talk about training harder, I keep thinking about Rock Lee.
Old 10-31-2010 at 09:44 PM   #88
Commander
P.I.M.P

Quote:
Originally Posted by AelyaS View Post
1) you can't even put sports and academia together. The atmosphere is so different. If I train hard enough, I can be amazing as basketball. But no matter how hard I try, I will always fail at math.

2) Kudos to you for having that attitude, but its so flipping annoying when people like you try and make it out to be the universal way of thought. It's not. If it were that easy for people to adopt that thinking, we wouldn't be here, dicussing this right now. It's condescending on your part.

3) For some reason, when you talk about training harder, I keep thinking about Rock Lee.
Actually, no. You can try however you want but you'll never achieve the level of an NBA player.(Same here). It depends how you vie"amazing". I can say I can do amazinin soccer to a newbier. I can dribble and do some jungling. But to a professional, I suck.

With determination you can do a lot of things.