MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Testing Ban" on October 16th,2011 (Ontario Provincial Election day) vasanthamani MacInsiders Announcements 11 05-29-2011 03:16 PM
Click Me: If You've Worked at an Ontario Provincial Park ShouldBeStudying Volunteering Opportunities 7 05-30-2010 11:05 AM
MSU election techniques Rossclot Presidentials 2010 76 02-03-2010 06:30 AM
SRA 2009 By-Election temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 28 10-23-2009 01:01 AM
BC Provincial Exams hmac First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 06-07-2008 02:33 PM

Provincial Election Platforms

Old 09-25-2011 at 03:50 PM   #1
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

Provincial Election Platforms
I was trying to look through each party's platform to compare the issues, but there is so much bull*** in it that is irrelevant and just boasting about their accomplishments so I found a site that compares some of the issues affecting post-secondary education:

http://itsyourvote.ca/platforms/

I couldn't find a decent one that compared other issues cleanly, so if you find one please post!

waldo92 likes this.
Old 09-25-2011 at 04:18 PM   #2
waldo92

Liked: 104 Times

here's another good website:

http://votinggetsresults.ca/

mediagurl likes this.
Old 09-25-2011 at 04:20 PM   #3
Misspolitics

Liked: 96 Times

Try going to each of the parties web sites. Every other outside source has a biased view, and I find this the easiest way to see every platform to make an informed decision
Old 09-25-2011 at 05:06 PM   #4
J. Dorey
Elite Member

Liked: 169 Times

All of the candidates suck anyways.
Old 09-25-2011 at 06:25 PM   #5
Snowman
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misspolitics View Post
Try going to each of the parties web sites. Every other outside source has a biased view, and I find this the easiest way to see every platform to make an informed decision
Thats why i made this thread because nothing was summarized lol. The liberal platform had like 15 pages for 7 issues and its easier to see them side by side anyways
Old 09-25-2011 at 09:07 PM   #6
Misspolitics

Liked: 96 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan H. View Post
Thats why i made this thread because nothing was summarized lol. The liberal platform had like 15 pages for 7 issues and its easier to see them side by side anyways
Yeah, that's the bad part about looking at the websites for the different parties. other than possibly wikipedia, most news channels have election news posts everyday about major points from every campaign trail. I don't know anywhere else you could find this information.....good luck, though
Old 09-25-2011 at 10:47 PM   #7
Twelve Chars

Liked: 318 Times

http://votecompass.cbc.ca/en

Snowman says thanks to Twelve Chars for this post.
Old 09-26-2011 at 08:21 AM   #8
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twelve Chars View Post
I love this thing, but it always puts me just about dead centre.
Old 09-26-2011 at 04:28 PM   #9
J. Dorey
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by britb View Post
I love this thing, but it always puts me just about dead centre.
Mine's always places me incorrectly. It always labels me closest to Social Conservatism and the PC Party, yet I put my most confidence in the Liberal leader and all of my answers should label me right in the centre, if not leaning to Social Liberalism. Hence why there is no party for me to vote for during elections...
Old 09-26-2011 at 04:40 PM   #10
Snowman
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Dorey View Post
Mine's always places me incorrectly. It always labels me closest to Social Conservatism and the PC Party, yet I put my most confidence in the Liberal leader and all of my answers should label me right in the centre, if not leaning to Social Liberalism. Hence why there is no party for me to vote for during elections...
What you have to do is look at how each party feels about each of the issues and compare them to what you think. It put me a lot further right then i would have thought so i looked what each party thought on what i feel is more important and decided from there.
Old 09-26-2011 at 04:54 PM   #11
Twelve Chars

Liked: 318 Times

Quote:
you're a red tory, deal with it
Old 09-26-2011 at 05:18 PM   #12
J. Dorey
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twelve Chars View Post
you're a red tory, deal with it
I know for a fact that I do not belong to any distinct party (and do not believe in political branding as it is). I was just making the point that I think these things don't exactly show the entire story.
Old 09-26-2011 at 05:23 PM   #13
Snowman
Elite Member

Quote:
I know for a fact that I do not belong to any distinct party (and do not believe in political branding as it is). I was just making the point that I think these things don't exactly show the entire story.
The vote compass is supposed to help you by showing the each party's stance on different issues, not to tell you who to vote for (or i hope you look into it a bit more anyways). It just helps to educate so your not like, I like the green party guy's haircut and vote for him lol
Old 09-26-2011 at 05:49 PM   #14
J. Dorey
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan H. View Post
The vote compass is supposed to help you by showing the each party's stance on different issues, not to tell you who to vote for (or i hope you look into it a bit more anyways). It just helps to educate so your not like, I like the green party guy's haircut and vote for him lol
Yeah I know that, I was simply just saying I don't find it as successful at educating based on political beliefs as others do. I'm the old-school "reading into things and researching on my own" type.
Old 09-26-2011 at 06:18 PM   #15
JeffZ

Liked: 7 Times

I've already voted. Though its nice seeing all the parties' platforms in one place.