MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
course scheduling - part time Unregistered First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 04-28-2012 12:33 AM
Going ahead with a scheduling conflict? amyshi Academics 3 06-15-2010 12:00 PM
Didn't make Honours - Scheduling question lawleypop Academics 11 05-31-2010 10:19 PM
Purposely Scheduling Conflicts Phouma Academics 1 01-02-2009 11:06 PM
Graduate school admission question (easy question) Mac12 Academics 3 09-30-2008 06:27 PM

Question about course scheduling

Old 02-25-2013 at 12:35 AM   #1
seveneight

Liked: 0 Times

Question about course scheduling
So I'm slated to start this May (2013) as a part time student, and then hopefully enroll full time after I've completed 18 units (mature student regulations). I'm concerned though that due to the limits on how many courses I can take, that I won't be able to start Commerce II on September 2014 and that this will push my entry to Commerce II to September 2015. I'm wondering if this will cause scheduling conflicts. Would I still be able to graduate in 2017 without taking any additional summer courses, or would I have to take a few more? I'm just worried that this could delay me an entire year (not being able to start Commerce II in September 2015). Thanks

Last edited by seveneight : 02-25-2013 at 12:42 AM.
Old 02-25-2013 at 07:00 AM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by seveneight View Post
So I'm slated to start this May (2013) as a part time student, and then hopefully enroll full time after I've completed 18 units (mature student regulations). I'm concerned though that due to the limits on how many courses I can take, that I won't be able to start Commerce II on September 2014 and that this will push my entry to Commerce II to September 2015. I'm wondering if this will cause scheduling conflicts. Would I still be able to graduate in 2017 without taking any additional summer courses, or would I have to take a few more? I'm just worried that this could delay me an entire year (not being able to start Commerce II in September 2015). Thanks
I'm kind of confused about your situation, but you should probably see an academic advisor.
I don't think it matters so much what year you're technically in, the specific courses you're taking matter more.
As for "scheduling conflicts", that's something that the registrar makes up before each session and it isn't released years in advance, so again, talking to an advisor who is familiar with how things usually work is your best bet.

seveneight says thanks to starfish for this post.
Old 02-25-2013 at 11:27 AM   #3
ashleighp
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 126 Times

If you take summer courses next summer (2014) as well as this summer, you should be fine.

seveneight says thanks to ashleighp for this post.
Old 02-25-2013 at 04:38 PM   #4
seveneight

Liked: 0 Times

Thanks guys. Also thanks for the academic advisor suggestion.