MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
pick up parcel? MacJk First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 10-26-2011 09:44 AM
How to cancel redirecting MUSS e-mail to other e-mail account? raine Computers & Tech 2 11-13-2010 10:23 AM
Mail/package delivery to res? Jayson193 Residence & Housing 3 07-27-2010 11:10 PM
Mcmaster E-mail Question natashapoly Computers & Tech 5 01-31-2010 05:11 PM
Mail question ralphd Residence & Housing 5 09-15-2008 07:05 PM

Question About Mail Parcel Delivery

Old 12-21-2011 at 02:45 PM   #1
rcmp1234

Liked: 7 Times

Question About Mail Parcel Delivery
I have a question regarding mail parcel delivery. I purchased an item off of ebay a few weeks ago and its supposed to ship to my res (mary keyes). Since its being shipped from abroad i think there might be custom fees/duties associated with the delivery, so I'm not sure how exactly its going to work because usually with customs i know you have to pay the postal person the fee upfront (i.e. at the time of delivery). Does anyone know how it's going to work because I know at keyes they hold the parcel for you but im not sure if they'll do that for me if there are custom fees involved

Thanks!
Old 12-21-2011 at 02:48 PM   #2
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

it's gona get dropped off in the mail area in ur res. too big? service desk
Old 12-21-2011 at 02:52 PM   #3
rcmp1234

Liked: 7 Times

I know that, but I think I have to pay duties/customs and obviously the service desk wont pay it for me, so I'm wondering where it will be shipped to instead.
Old 12-21-2011 at 04:04 PM   #4
kanishka
winning

Liked: 39 Times

If that's the case then they'll probably not drop it off at the service desk and instead ask you to come and pick it up from their location after you pay them the duty. This is what happened with me.