MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does this mean they've changed the fridge policy? hitek168 Residence & Housing 11 08-04-2010 04:36 PM
Coldex Fridge Policy - Action Now! (from the IRC) sarrah66 MacInsiders Announcements 10 08-03-2010 08:31 PM
Protest the McMaster Fridge Policy bcars MacInsiders Announcements 7 08-01-2010 05:42 PM
Coldex New Fridge Policy goodnews.inc MacInsiders Announcements 11 07-29-2010 10:53 PM

Question regarding fridge policy

Old 08-23-2011 at 01:49 PM   #1
Swampis

Liked: 39 Times

Question regarding fridge policy
The residence I got assigned was in Hedden (Triple) and one of my roommates wants to get a mini-fridge from the Coldex website but I told him that I already ordered one. He said that the room is big enough to have two mini-fridges (it does not matter to me if we get 2 fridges, and I don't plan on using the common fridge). My issue is that can both of us have a mini-fridge in a Hedden triple? Or is the limit one fridge per room and does this policy get enforced?
Old 08-23-2011 at 01:58 PM   #2
Freak705
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

I was in Hedden in first year, and almost everyone I knew had 2 fridges in their room.
Old 08-23-2011 at 01:59 PM   #3
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampis View Post
The residence I got assigned was in Hedden (Triple) and one of my roommates wants to get a mini-fridge from the Coldex website but I told him that I already ordered one. He said that the room is big enough to have two mini-fridges (it does not matter to me if we get 2 fridges, and I don't plan on using the common fridge). My issue is that can both of us have a mini-fridge in a Hedden triple? Or is the limit one fridge per room and does this policy get enforced?
http://housing.mcmaster.ca/Residence..._policy.h tml

Considering Coldex and McMaster seem to have a contract, I highly doubt your roommate will be able to order another fridge, or if they can then I doubt Coldex will deliver two fridges to the same room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak705 View Post
I was in Hedden in first year, and almost everyone I knew had 2 fridges in their room.
Last year there was no fridge policy...
Old 08-23-2011 at 02:29 PM   #4
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Hmm, I'm not too sure whether or not they will allow you to have 2 fridges in your room. Contact res admissions to be sure though: [email protected] r.ca
Old 08-23-2011 at 03:32 PM   #5
x_hikari

Liked: 14 Times

Because of the new policy there is only one refrigerator permitted per bedroom
And even if Coldex does accidentally deliver two to your room, as indicated in the residence code of conduct, you and your roommates will get a minor offence and/or get fined during winter room inspection.

Ems467 says thanks to x_hikari for this post.
Old 08-23-2011 at 05:58 PM   #6
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

This is bullshit. 3 people sharing only 1 fridge ??? really wtf

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine
Old 08-23-2011 at 06:15 PM   #7
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Étoile View Post
You're not meant to cook food every day for the entire school year. I brought a mini-fridge to school in my first year. Shared it with my roommate and the fridge only had like 2-3 bottles of juice or water in it most of the year.
Old 08-23-2011 at 06:15 PM   #8
Swampis

Liked: 39 Times

Quote:
They expect you to put your things in the common's fridge so that people can take it freely.

Last edited by Swampis : 08-23-2011 at 06:35 PM.
Old 08-23-2011 at 06:20 PM   #9
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
You're not meant to cook food every day for the entire school year. I brought a mini-fridge to school in my first year. Shared it with my roommate and the fridge only had like 2-3 bottles of juice or water in it most of the year.
No I know, I did not cook either, but honestly its not enough for three people.

I usually kept lots of water in the fridge, fruit yogurt, peanut butter and jam, toast. Thats all. (I was in a single room) so thats why I am saying I can't picture three people sharing that fridge.

Old 08-23-2011 at 06:24 PM   #10
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:

I usually kept lots of water in the fridge, fruit yogurt, peanut butter and jam, toast. Thats all. (I was in a single room) so thats why I am saying I can't picture three people sharing that fridge.
I kept 2 bottles of water in my fridge. When I took one out I put another in and I always had cold water. All my snacks didn't require refrigeration; granola bars, crackers, peanut butter, cookies.
Old 08-23-2011 at 07:50 PM   #11
fusionorchid

Liked: 6 Times

i lived in a triple last year and my roommates and i shared 1 fridge among the 3 of us (fridge was included with the room), and we didn't seem to have much of a problem. I bought groceries every week enough to make around two meals a week because i wanted to learn how to cook. One of my roommmates filled the fridge with fruits, butter, ice cream, etc. while my other roommate kept juice, and a 3 to 5 containers of food (lunches from home) in the fridge. everything fit fine.
Old 08-23-2011 at 08:05 PM   #12
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Quote:

You keep peanutbutter and toast in your fridge?

lol

L'Étoile, MacAttk, x_hikari like this.
Old 08-23-2011 at 08:13 PM   #13
MacAttk

Liked: 38 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
You keep peanutbutter and toast in your fridge?

lol
haha, that's what i thought when i saw that
Old 08-23-2011 at 08:17 PM   #14
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

I like my peanut butter very hard
My toast goes bad if I don't put it in the fridge since I don't eat it like everyday. but a toaster warms it real nice

but yeah I am weird. BITE ME