MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Quick Question... fall3n First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-04-2010 12:06 PM
quick question jamiebenyovi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 06-12-2010 09:51 PM
Quick Question Gil76 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 05-01-2010 08:53 PM
Quick Question Kat04 Residence & Housing 2 11-11-2009 09:19 PM
Quick Question ThatGuy Academics 8 07-13-2009 02:02 PM

Quick question

Old 06-28-2009 at 08:46 PM   #1
LBJ.MVP

Liked: 16 Times

Quick question
Where can u check to see if a course is full? Life science applicants get to go on july 3 so is there any easy way to check?
Old 06-28-2009 at 08:48 PM   #2
saukalra
Elite Member

Liked: 18 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ.MVP View Post
Where can u check to see if a course is full? Life science applicants get to go on july 3 so is there any easy way to check?
When you choose your courses on SOLAR, it says right there if the course you have selected is full or available.
Old 06-28-2009 at 08:55 PM   #3
.:callen:.
Student Senator '08-'10

Liked: 24 Times

Unfortunately there isn't. You could ask an upper year who still has access to SOLAR to check for you but otherwise you're stuck finding out what's available when you get on.
Old 06-28-2009 at 08:55 PM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by saukalra View Post
When you choose your courses on SOLAR, it says right there if the course you have selected is full or available.
So in short no, there is nowhere you can check to see if the course is full other than when you register. I would love to see a webpage dedicate to enrollment of courses. I hate logging on and then discovering that your course if full. Atleast if you know in advance you can prepare for it.
Old 06-28-2009 at 09:00 PM   #5
missiu

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
So in short no, there is nowhere you can check to see if the course is full other than when you register. I would love to see a webpage dedicate to enrollment of courses. I hate logging on and then discovering that your course if full. Atleast if you know in advance you can prepare for it.
Wow, that would be amazing. Then I wouldn't have to spend hours trying to find something else to fit into my schedule and not have it conflict with anything--- only to find out that it's FULL. I don't know how many times I've switched stuff in my schedule around already..
Old 06-28-2009 at 09:05 PM   #6
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by missiu View Post
Wow, that would be amazing. Then I wouldn't have to spend hours trying to find something else to fit into my schedule and not have it conflict with anything--- only to find out that it's FULL. I don't know how many times I've switched stuff in my schedule around already..
Yeah, at this point I just picked a random course, Econ 1B03, to replace Stats 2B03. I've never taken Econ before in my life. But hopefully I'll like it.
Old 06-28-2009 at 09:07 PM   #7
missiu

Quote:
Yeah, at this point I just picked a random course, Econ 1B03, to replace Stats 2B03. I've never taken Econ before in my life. But hopefully I'll like it.
Me too, except I'm still hoping to get into the course I want (especially after the prof emailed me back-- instilling new hope in me Q--Q), so I actually just chose a bunch of available courses so I could properly apply for OSAP-- then hopefully I'll be able to switch into it.

I took Econ in my last year of high school, and it wasn't too bad. Micro is a breeze, but macro is where everything gets confusing..
Old 06-28-2009 at 09:14 PM   #8
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by missiu View Post
Me too, except I'm still hoping to get into the course I want (especially after the prof emailed me back-- instilling new hope in me Q--Q), so I actually just chose a bunch of available courses so I could properly apply for OSAP-- then hopefully I'll be able to switch into it.

I took Econ in my last year of high school, and it wasn't too bad. Micro is a breeze, but macro is where everything gets confusing..
I'd rather something be interesting than easy though. I tend to do worse in easy courses, yeah it doesn't make too much sense but that's how I am.
Old 06-28-2009 at 09:19 PM   #9
missiu

Quote:
I'd rather something be interesting than easy though. I tend to do worse in easy courses, yeah it doesn't make too much sense but that's how I am.
I totally get what you mean. I don't think I could stand being in an easy class that was uber boring. Econ is pretty interesting-- though I wouldn't want it as my career for the future..