MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Quick Question... fall3n First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-04-2010 12:06 PM
quick question jamiebenyovi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 06-12-2010 09:51 PM
Quick Question Kat04 Residence & Housing 2 11-11-2009 09:19 PM
Quick Question ThatGuy Academics 8 07-13-2009 02:02 PM
Quick question LBJ.MVP Academics 8 06-28-2009 09:19 PM

Quick Question

Old 05-01-2010 at 07:35 PM   #1
Gil76

Liked: 0 Times

Quick Question
So under my grade reports it states i failed a class, "F", but when I go to "Program and Course Summary" it says "passed" for all of my classes, including the one which the grade report says i failed. Now im not exactly sure of what to do, or if I need to register for a course in summer school.
Old 05-01-2010 at 07:36 PM   #2
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil76 View Post
So under my grade reports it states i failed a class, "F", but when I go to "Program and Course Summary" it says "passed" for all of my classes, including the one which the grade report says i failed. Now im not exactly sure of what to do, or if I need to register for a course in summer school.
Talk to an academic advisor, or wait until the official grades come out in May. Then you will know what is real and what isn't.
Old 05-01-2010 at 07:39 PM   #3
mcmastergcdb
Elite Member

Liked: 89 Times

I think the "Passed" means is that you are cleared to take the following course because you have all of the pre-requisites
Old 05-01-2010 at 07:41 PM   #4
Gil76

Where can i find the number to talk to an academic advisor
Old 05-01-2010 at 08:08 PM   #5
kanthamd

Liked: 8 Times

mcmastergcdb is right.... The "passed" in the program and course summary is just about whether or not you were even eligible to take the class... It's from when you registered for your courses on SOLAR and has nothing to do with grades.

If it says you failed on your grade report, then you probably did but you should wait til the 31st til its official.

And look on the McMaster website... the advisor is dependent on your faculty.
Old 05-01-2010 at 08:17 PM   #6
Leraison

Hey guys,
Is it possible to pay our tutition for the summer using credit card?
Old 05-01-2010 at 08:26 PM   #7
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leraison View Post
Hey guys,
Is it possible to pay our tutition for the summer using credit card?
No, that's not possible. Only through banking methods as well as scholarships and what not if you have any.
Old 05-01-2010 at 08:53 PM   #8
rrtt
Elite Member

Liked: 56 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil76 View Post
Where can i find the number to talk to an academic advisor
According to your profile, you’re in Social Science. You can reach the Faculty of Social Sciences by calling (905) 525-9140 ext. 23772 or by emailing [email protected]

http://www.socsci.mcmaster.c a/Contact/contact.html